Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the title match fire? I need to hear Cody had a great match

This wasn't it, at least in my opinion.

From what I've seen from Cody, he has yet to deliver in any meaningful way since leaving WWE.

But I can't deny that the crowd was really hot for him. I just don't see it, I guess.

I checked this show because I haven't seen ROH in a while, and I left it thinking that I made a good choice in not watching it regularly anymore. The feeling of the product is just not for me anymore, and I can't shake away from how lackluster the overall talent is compared to years past.

Edited by Rozay.

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the War Machine tag team (Hanson and Ray Rowe) are currently free agents. They lost the tag title match at the Best in the World PPV, but didn’t take the fall. They did lose in their only match the ROH TV Tapings that followed. They are still working with New Japan, and the are considered to be “in the driver’s seat” in terms of negotiating their future.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/war-machine-are-free-agents/

Deonna Purrazzo recently spoke with Mic and below are some interview highlights:

How she got into pro wrestling and how others took it:

When I started watching wrestling and I saw [women] like Trish Stratus, Lita, Victoria, I knew one day if I tried it, I could be just like them. After that, I simply became obsessed with all things wrestling, and at 9 years old, I told my parents I wanted to be a professional wrestler. I think they thought it was a childhood phase and Id outgrow it, but, 14 years later, I am living that dream every single day. Of course they were skeptical about my choice to sign up at 18, fresh out of high school, but seeing the success I have gained in such a short time, I think they would say they are more than proud now. I wanted to change the perception of womens wrestling from that young age.

Biggest struggle for women in the wrestling business:

I think the biggest [struggle] is one were fighting every day to be athletes and treated with the same respect as the men. We are in the midst of the biggest boom period of womens wrestling and there are opportunities all over the world for women to learn and experience from, but people still argue this isnt for women. Hopefully, we as women continue to break down barriers and produce the best quality wrestling possible.

Injuries sustained so far in her career:

So far, I have broken my nose twice, Ive had a concussion and have had seven stitches under my left eye from a catch gone wrong in the ring. However, we are trained to expect injuries to happen and how to cope with them as they happen and know, The show must go on!'

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/855437-deonna-purrazzo-on-how-she-got-into-pro-wrestling-biggest-struggle-for-women-in-the-business-injuries-she-has-suffered-and-more

ROH Wrestler, Mandy Leon, spoke with Channel Guide Magazine on a number of topics. Here are some of the highlights:

Who she looked up to in pro wrestling:

"For me, it was always Lita, Trish Stratus and Chyna who I looked up to the most. I was fortunate enough to meet them. They all really impacted me because they were so genuine and humble people in real life. That really pushed me to hear their stories and to see how far they have come. ...When I met Lita and Trish, they both said to work hard. At that time, it wasn't the full transition of what you see with women's wrestling right now on shows where it's the full-blown athletic, hard-hitting action."

Going to Japan at the right time:

"Mr. [Rossy] Ogawa, the owner of Stardom has been wanting me since I first debuted. He wanted me to go in there fresh and train with them. I just wasn't ready. I didn't want to go to Japan until I knew I was good. I didn't want to be a new 'young boy' as they call them in Japan. I wanted to go to Japan and be good and be one of the top names out there from America. I wanted to showcase what I can do and represent Ring of Honor. So I just wasn't ready, coupled with some personal stuff, it just wasn't working out. Now years later we have a partnership with Stardom. It's extremely exciting because outside of wrestling too, I've always wanted to go to Japan. Then on top of it I get to wrestle there. So it's kind of a dream come true."

The Rock and John Cena:

"The two people to look up to in this business is The Rock and John Cena. As much as people might hate them, they are true businessmen. They do it all. They can go out there and wrestle. You see them in movies. You see them inspiring kids and at charity events and award shows. That's kind of what I want to be. That will be my focus when I come back from Japan. I want to keep wrestling, but go out there and try to get back into acting and really put myself out there."

You can read the full interview by clicking here: https://www.channelguidemag.com/tv-news/2017/07/03/mandy-leon-ring-of-honor-interview/

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0704/627746/mandy-leon-on-the-rock/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the War Machine tag team (Hanson and Ray Rowe) are currently free agents. They lost the tag title match at the Best in the World PPV, but didn’t take the fall. They did lose in their only match the ROH TV Tapings that followed. They are still working with New Japan, and the are considered to be “in the driver’s seat” in terms of negotiating their future.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/war-machine-are-free-agents/

Hopefully they sign with New Japan soon.

Ring of Honor TV will be moving from Comet TV to CHARGE this Sunday with back-to-back episodes airing at 10 pm EST.

CHARGE, like Comet TV, is a Sinclair Broadcasting channel.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/857153-roh-moving-to-another-sinclair-broadcasting-channel-preview-for-tonights-impact-wrestling-pre-sale-code-for-wwes-return-to-wichita#/slide/1

ROH World Champion The American Nightmare Cody announced via Twitter that a MRI related to a shoulder injury sustained during the main event of Best in the World revealed no structural damage and will not require surgery or time off.

The ROH World Champion competed at the New Japan Pro-Wrestling G1 in USA Special with a Grade A separation against IWGP Heavyweight Champion The Rainmaker Kazuchika Okada. Cody is believed to have aggravated the injury further early in the match but finished the match, nearly capturing the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

Despite the injury, Cody will maintain his independent schedule, taking the ROH World Championship with him this weekend, threatening to defend the championship against three stars not only not contracted to Ring of Honor but competitors that may be contracted to other organizations.

ROHWrestling.com is prepared to report on these matches should Cody decide to defend the World Championship but the ROH Board of Directors have declined to comment if a potential title change would stand should it happen. The Board of Directors has sent a letter to Cody advising against defending the championship against other non-contracted performers, particularly in light of his shoulder injury.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/mri-reveals-no-structural-damage-roh-world-champ?utm_content=buffer806e0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

ROH World Champion Cody was a part of a WrestleZone Q&A session via Facebook Live this past weekend. Cody addressed a number of topics, including wrestling Kenny Omega, being a free agent, whether he would go back to WWE anytime soon, how often he speaks to WWE, and much more.

Here are the highlights.

Would you like to face Kenny Omega at any point?

No comment. No comment. No comment on that question. Kenny Omega is a great wrestler.

What has been your favorite match in the last 12 months?

I think every match Ive had with Will Ospreay. Will Ospreay is unbelievably [talented]. And hes like, highly rated, but I still think hes underrated.

Would you ever take the [ROH title] to the WWE?

Its mine, and I dont currently work for Ring of Honor. So, I can take it where I want.

Would you go back to the WWE anytime soon?

No, not anytime soon. I think its silly to say never, but this current situation with what were having, and these shows are all sold out.

Do you have a favorite match ever?

My overall favorite match of all time, that changes pretty frequently. Its like WrestleMania 12, the Ironman match, and then its like Sting and Dusty vs. Arn and Tully from the Knight Center, Terry Funk vs. Flair. My regular favorite match changes on a pretty regular basis.

Are you happy that you stuck with ROH instead of Impact?

Well, I really didnt stick anywhere.

How often are you contacted by WWE management?

Every week. Because we have to talk about my dads estate and they have done a great job preserving his legacy. So we chat about that a lot.

Are you next in line to take over the Bullet Club?

Theres no leader of the Bullet Club. And thats not a knock on anyone in the Bullet Club. Theres no leader in the Bullet Club. You wanna know who the leader is? Haku.

If you could bring anyone to the Bullet Club right now, who would it be?

Goldust. Him in the sweet, all Bullet Club [gear and face paint]. Yeah, Goldust for sure.

You can view the full Q&A session below.

https://facebook.com/Wrestlezonecom/videos/10154818430735415/

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/859391-cody-reveals-if-he-would-go-back-to-the-wwe-anytime-soon-how-often-he-speaks-with-wwe-favorite-match-facing-kenny-omega-more