Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

According to F4W and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, former Ring of Honor tag team champion Michael Bennett and his wife Maria Kanellis signed deals with TNA Wrestling.

The newsletter said that the deal is likely a big one, and guaranteed in nature. Bennett, Maria, and his tag team partner Taven finished up their Ring of Honor commitments last month after dropping the tag team titles to War Machine at ROH Final Battle. The two performed at the TV tapings the next day, their final ROH date.

There have been rumors that TNA have wanted to sure up their roster ahead of their Pop TV debut. The Observer states that TNA is interested in both re-signing those that are facing expiration on their current deals, as well as pursuing outside free agents to help freshen up the brand. The company re-signed several talents last year prior and shortly following their debut on Destination America.

TNA has been airing vignettes on their Youtube for "The Miracle" which could possibly be hinting towards Bennett's debut with the company. The vignettes point to TNA's debut with Pop next Tuesday.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0101/606269/roh-stars-sign-with-tna/

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the talk of talents leaving New Japan, one would assume it puts Ring of Honor in a good position to help their international partners with Americans who can work there regularly.

Pretty much to a person I've heard from, all the ROH talents who worked the Tokyo Dome were blown away by the experience.

Tonight's ROH on COMET will feature:

*ROH TV champion Roderick Strong vs. Stevie Richards.

*Will Ferrara vs. Caprice Coleman in a No Disqualification Match

*The Fish Tank with Bobby Fish interviewing Roderick Strong.

*Cedric Alexander (with Veda Scott) vs. Jonathan Gresham.

*Donovan Dijak (with Truth Martini and Jay Lethal) vs. Michael Elgin.

The first-ever Alex Shelley vs. Adam Cole match is set for 1/15 in Indianapolis.

Glory by Honor XIV has been officially released on DVD.

Ring of Honor will return to Concord, NC this Saturday at the Cabarrus Events Center (same venue at TNA Bound for Glory 2014) for a TV taping featuring:

*The Young Bucks vs. Matt Sydal & ACH. *Kazarian vs. Alex Shelley.

*ROH Tag Team champions War Machine vs. The All Night Express.

*2016 Top Prospect Tournament bouts featuring Ben "Action" Ortiz, Lio Rush, Punisher Martinez and Colby Corino.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/98836/lots-of-ring-of-honor-news-and-notes.html?p=1

ROH announced that Matt Taven, who was injured at the Final Battle PPV, underwent a 4 1/2 hour surgery today to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), a ruptured lateral meniscus and a torn medial meniscus. The initial diagnosis is that Taven will be out around nine months, so he's looking at a October 2016 return. We wish him a speedy and painless recovery.

Ring of Honor announced yesterday that the one and only Curry Man would be coming in to challenge ROH TV champion Roderick Strong.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/98979/roh-star-out-nine-months-after-surgery-more-ring-of-honor-news.html?p=1

- Ring of Honor released a statement regarding Matt Taven's injury that he sustained during his Tag Title loss at Final Battle.

"The Kingdom's Matt Taven underwent successful surgery on his left knee on January 12 in Boston.

The brash youngster suffered a major knee injury at Final Battle 2015, while executing a Spike Pile driver to the floor. He was diagnosed with torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), a ruptured lateral meniscus and a torn medial meniscus.

He was initially set to have 2 separate surgeries, but Dr. Andreas Gomoll was able to perform both surgeries in 4 ½ hours. Dr. Gomoll stated "I have never seen a meniscus rupture this bad in my medical career. It's totally befuddling to me that he was able to continue the match."

The injury was devastating, but Taven has maintained his usual cocky outlook. "I love professional wrestling. I represent the top faction in professional wrestling, The Kingdom! I don't have an ounce of quit in me and stopping was never an option. To anyone looking at this as a chance to outshine me or get ahead, you'll learn soon enough. I'm going to bust my ass rehabbing and return even better! I'm a damn rock star and there is nothing in the world I want more than to be back inside that ring. ROH, don't get comfortable because Matt Taven isn't as far away as you think!"

Dr. Gomoll has set Taven's timetable to return at minimally 9 months. He could be looking at as long as a year. His injury may have been devastating, but from the sound of his words, it appears his will cannot be broken. We at Ring of Honor wish Matt Taven a speedy recovery.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0114/606676/njpw-mauro-ranallo-note/

Guest Fight Me.

Mike Bennett still has The Kingdom logo on his tights and he referred to it this past week, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Taven joining him when he's all good.

Mike Bennett still has The Kingdom logo on his tights and he referred to it this past week, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Taven joining him when he's all good.

He has it in TNA? Wth? Lol. I mean I know TNA doesn't care about that stuff, but that's weird.

– AJ Styles’ final ROH appearance won’t be shown to fans outside of the arena. The WON reports that due to Styles WWE negotiations, his farewell appearance for the company won’t be allowed to air on TV.

This follows on news earlier this week that Styles will not be competing in the ring at the ROH appearance. The situation is similar to when Samoa Joe signed with WWE; his last ROH appearance was also not allowed to be shown on TV.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/aj-styles-final-roh-appearance-wont-be-aired-on-tv/

Man, I don't know if any of you guys still watch ROH, but the latest episode with the 3 way tag street fight was AMAZING. Had to be one of the most fun matches I've ever seen, and my contender for MOTY, for sheer entertainment. You guys need to watch it.

Man, I don't know if any of you guys still watch ROH, but the latest episode with the 3 way tag street fight was AMAZING. Had to be one of the most fun matches I've ever seen, and my contender for MOTY, for sheer entertainment. You guys need to watch it.

Who wrestled in that match?