Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

Ring of Honor stars Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis finished up with the company at last nights TV tapings in Philadelphia, according to PWInsider.com. Both who are a real-life couple could not come to an agreement on a new ROH deal.

Their departure was expected for some time.

Kanellis and Bennett were reportedly telling people that they will be starting with TNA in January.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/41093/Ring-of-Honor-Stars-Mike-Bennett-and-Maria-Kanellis/

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ring of Honor stars Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis finished up with the company at last nights TV tapings in Philadelphia, according to PWInsider.com. Both who are a real-life couple could not come to an agreement on a new ROH deal.

Their departure was expected for some time.

Kanellis and Bennett were reportedly telling people that they will be starting with TNA in January.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/41093/Ring-of-Honor-Stars-Mike-Bennett-and-Maria-Kanellis/

"What could possibly go wrong?"

Really wish I understood why wrestlers are still making such stupid decisions as signing with the perpetual sinking ship that is Impact Wrestling.

Besides Cole, The Kingdom isn't worth anything more than TNA tbh. Maria's ok.

Edited by TheNewF'NShow

Leaving ROH to go to TNA sounds like the worst business plan imaginable. Isn't ROH actually doing pretty well these days? I feel like they're doing better than TNA for some reason. Like...not necessarily "bigger" or anything...but ROH feels like it's going "up" and TNA feels like it's always going "down".

Edited by Generations

Guest Fight Me.

I didn't get to watch Final Battle, but I saw their new set. I got some major NXT Full Sail vibes from it lol.

Edited by Fight Me.

Really wish I understood why wrestlers are still making such stupid decisions as signing with the perpetual sinking ship that is Impact Wrestling.

I respectfully disagree.

I respectfully disagree.

Cole is obviously rad as *Censored*, Maria is smokin', and Bennett is just passable, but I hate Taven. A step above literal trash.

Anyways, loved the show. Lethal and Styles was match of the night, but I also totally loved O'Reilly and Cole. Good show all around, only part I didn't like was Moose vs. Elgin.

The contracts for Ring of Honor wrestlers Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish may soon be expiring, but fear not ReDRagon fans — Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned they’re close to inking a new deal.

ProWrestling.net first reported the contracts for ReDRagon would be expiring in January and that talks recently broke down between the two sides. We’re told the reason was money.

Sources close to the situation tell us Kyle and Bobby were unhappy with a “lowball amount” that was initially offered, however a new discussion is set to go down next week and things are expected to go more smoothly.

Since the tag team’s deals have yet to expire, we’re told neither TNA or WWE have contacted ReDRagon with the intention of trying to steal them away.

There’s always time though.

http://prowrestlingsheet.com/redragon-kyle-oreilly-bobby-fish-roh-ring-of-honor-contracts/

Wrestlezone Radio contributor and Pro Wrestling Sheet editor-in-chief Ryan Satin is reporting Ring of Honor tag team reDRagon is close to signing a new deal.

It was first reported by ProWrestling.net that the team’s ROH contracts would be expiring, and that talks had broken down between the two sides. Satin updated the situation, however, noting that reDRagon, aka Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly, will meet with ROH again next week, and a deal is expected to be worked out.

Satin confirmed money was the reported reason for the stalled contract talks, and added that sources said the team was unhappy with a “lowball offer.” As far as looking at other promotions, Satin was told WWE and TNA were not in contact with reDRagon since their existing contract is still in effect for a few more weeks.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/655211-ring-of-honors-redragon-reportedly-close-to-negotiating-new-contracts

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Michael Bennett & Maria Kanellis are getting guaranteed deals with TNA. As reported over the weekend, the two finished up with ROH at Final Battle and the TV tapings and told people they were headed to TNA.

The couples deals will allow them to work TNAs schedule as well as indie bookings. They are making significantly more money than they made with ROH, with the exception of the Young Bucks. It is believed that the deal will prevent them from returning to NJPW.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/details-on-michael-bennett-marias-tna-deals/

Guest Fight Me.

I saw pictures of the three together last night on Scotty's Instagram, but no mentions of ROH anywhere in the descriptions. Just that they were in Philly.

Edited by Fight Me.

Nah it was a ROH show....

*does more research*

4qeiy2q.jpg

oHXP8eL.jpg

Know what? The Dude,E#37 and Fight Me, Mybad that was on me. Y'all enjoy the rest of y'all's Sunday.

bzXi3wu.jpg

Actually the funniest post I've seen from you. :lol: good use of the GIFS.

Kazuchika Okada, the current IWGP World Hvt. champion, is returning to the U.S. for Ring of Honor’s 14th Anniversary PPV Weekend on February 26 & 27 in Las Vegas.

ROH announced Wednesday that Okada will return to ROH, completing the New Japan roster traveling to Vegas. Okada joins the other Big Three of Tanahashi and Shinsuke Nakamura appearing on the shows.

On Monday, Okada is scheduled to defend the IWGP World Title against Tanahashi in the main event of NJPW’s annual “Wrestle Kingdom” Tokyo Dome Show.

NJPW talent roster

• Kazuchika Okada
  • Tanahashi
  • Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Tomohiro Ishii
  • Gedo
  • KUSHIDA

NJPW/ROH talent roster

• A.J. Styles
  • The Young Bucks

ROH talent roster

• ROH World champion Jay Lethal
  • ROH TV champion Roderick Strong
  • ROH tag champions War Machine

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2015/12/30/iwgp-world-champ-to-rohs-anniv-weekend/

reDRagon may end up staying with Ring of Honor after all. The WON reports that Bobby Fish and Kyle OReilly are talking with the promotion again ahead of their January 1st contract expiry. The two sides had been in discussion for a while, but ROH shut down talks a few weeks ago because of how far apart they were on money.

WWE and TNA have both sent feelers to Fish and OReilly, with WWE looking to stack up the NXT roster for their expanded touring plans for 2016. With the ROH talks now progressing, it seems signficantly less likely that theyll jump to either company.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/redragon-talking-with-roh-again/