Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROH Title Match Added to New Japan Tokyo Dome Show (CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST)

According to PWInsider.com, at last nights Ring of Honor Survival of the Fittest event, Michael Elgin won the Survival of the Fittest tournament to earn a Ring of Honor Title shot.

Elgin got on the mic after his win and said he wants his title shot in Japan, and word backstage at the ROH show is that Jay Lethal will defend the ROH title at New Japans big Wrestle Kingdom Tokyo Dome show on 1/4/16.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/642273-dana-white-provides-update-on-when-cm-punk-might-have-his-first-ufc-fight-roh-title-match-added-to-new-japan-tokyo-dome-show

Ring of Honor Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff stated this morning that there will be an announcement made later today regarding the company's television situation.

The ROH deal with Destination America expires in early December and no renewal had been announced. The removal of ROH from prime time several months ago was not considered a good sign.

Reports dating back to August were that is was unlikely ROH would be renewed. Jane Latman, who took over from Marc Etkind as the General Manager of the station about six weeks ago, had said she was going to be reviewing all programming, and as of a few weeks ago, that was the information the company had received.

Mike Johnson on PWInsider reported today, stating it was not from ROH sources, that the contract was going to expire without a renewal.

http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/roh-make-tv-announcement-today-201831?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ring of Honor to air nationally on COMET starting December 2nd

#WatchROH every Wednesday at MIDNIGHT EST/11pm CST on COMET

(BALTIMORE, MD) Ring of Honor (ROH) is proud to announce that beginning December 2nd, ROH will air its weekly television program nationally on the COMET television channel. Fans will be able to #WatchROH every Wednesday night at midnight for the latest Ring of Honor action.

Ring of Honor has been enjoying tremendous growth and expansion across the broadcast space, including new local TV deals in strategic markets, and even internationally with L'Equipe 21 in France, said Ring of Honor COO, Joe Koff. As we continue to push for greater domestic and international distribution, Ring of Honor truly showcases itself as world-class wrestling. Having Ring of Honor on COMET, in addition to the availability in Sinclair markets and independent agreements, means fans across the United States can continue to enjoy ROH television weekly.

Ring of Honors weekly episodes recently enjoyed great success on Destination America, peaking at 227,000 viewers on a single television airing. ROHs 26-week deal signed in May 2015 with Destination America is set to expire, which will see ROHs final episode air on the channel on November 25th, 2015.

Sinclair Television Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (Sinclair), and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), recently announced that COMET, the first-ever 24 hour/7 day per week science fiction multi-channel network, which will feature more than 1,500 hours of premium MGM content, would premiere in over 60% of the country and over 65 million homes on October 31st of this year. The network will debut in all top markets including New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA; Seattle, WA; Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA; Washington D.C.; Boston, MA; Pittsburgh, PA and Houston, TX. In addition to the Sinclair owned television stations, COMET will also launch on a number of Tribune and Titan stations.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ring-honor-air-nationally-comet-starting-december-2nd

Don't know if it's worse than Destination America, hey, it's a TV deal though.

Edited by TheNewF'NShow

Guest Fight Me.

I think this is good news for ROH to not have to precede TNA every week.

Actually they changed it a couple months ago, they've actually been coming on after Impact instead. Which is good cause its not on at the same time as NXT, but bad cause I'm tired by 11pm so I just save it for the next day lol. Also sucks cause I actually have DA, but I don't think I have this new channel. :(

Edited by Fight Me.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been a few WWE talents trying to recruit ROH stars Bobby Fish and Kyle OReilly as NXT is looking to load up on talents for more touring in 2016. Contract negotiations between ROH and the two wrestlers known as reDRagon recently stalled.

http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/backstage-update-on-lana-roh-tag-team-to-wwe-money-in-the-bank/

is reportedly interested ROH World Champion Jay Lethal, according to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The company is looking to expand their touring schedule heading into 2016, Lethal would certainly be a strong addition to the roster.

Lethal’s ROH contract is ending soon and will likely receive a phone call from WWE.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/indy/WWE_NXT_Interested_in_ROH_World_Champ.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Ring of Honor stars The Young Bucks recently spoke with Scott Fishman of The Miami Herald and below are some interview highlights:

On their recent decision to re-sign with ROH:

“We were feeling burnt out, and our bodies were hurting,” Matt said. “We were missing that valuable time at home. We are fathers with young babies. About a year ago, we really started thinking that maybe it’s time to slow it down and take a little bit of a break. Ring of Honor has this great thing with New Japan — this relationship. They got together and wanted to help us. They saw how banged up we were. ROH offered us this great deal and New Japan backed it. We looked at each other and thought now was the time.

“They offered us a good amount of money,” Matt continues. “Basically, the same amount of money we would make on the independents anyway — and we would have a lot more time with our family. So it was just win-win for us. It wasn’t really a hard decision once the offer came. We are signed for 14 months and now 13 months are left on the thing. Once we signed, I think we felt pretty good. Now that we are living the new schedule it feels really good to be home more. My body feels a lot better.”

On resonating with the audience:

“I think it was when we got screwed by TNA, and they didn’t know how to use us properly,” he said. “Then the WWE thing happened with Booker T. Then we went to ROH and that didn’t go good with [Jim] Cornette. So I think the fans had a lot of sympathy for us. They felt like we didn’t deserve the treatment we were getting. From all of that, I think they had sympathy for us and liked what we were doing at the time. They felt we were getting screwed. I think they supported us from that, and it snowballed.”

On wrestlers using similar maneuvers and in-ring styles:

“I like it,” Matt agrees. “It’s all fun. I turned on Raw for a minute — and I haven’t watched it in a long time — but this week I decided to watch a little bit of it. I’m sitting there with my wife, who isn’t necessarily the most wrestling educated person in the world, and she is going, ‘Oh my God, these guys look like you,’ and ‘These guys are doing moves like you, Matt. Are they copying you?’ I don’t think they are copying what we do. Maybe that’s just the wrestling trend right now. Whatever is popular is popular for a reason. We all kind of do it."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/648405-the-young-bucks-reveal-why-they-re-signed-with-roh-say-they-were-screwed-by-tna-talks-wrestlers-using-similar-moves-and-more#.VmCjafNzCOI.twitter

AJ Styles was officially sent home from the New Japan tour. He's expected to take time off until the ROH PPV on 12/18 then take off time until the 1/4/16 Tokyo Dome event.

The updated lineup for the 12/18 Ring of Honor Final Battle 2015 PPV in Philadelphia, PA at the 2300 Arena features:

*ROH champion Jay Lethal vs. AJ Styles.

*Adam Cole vs. Kyle OReilly,

*ROH TV champion Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Fish.

*ROH Tag Team champions The Kingdom vs. War Machine.

*Moose vs. Michael Elgin

Roderick Strong was on The Taz Show this morning. You can check it out at TazShow.com. I'll return to the show tomorrow at 8 AM EST with the PWInsider Report.

Alex Shelley was brought into the Fort Lauderdale show over the weekend unannounced as a planned surprise since it lined up with the reveal of his return on ROH TV perfectly.

Scheduled for this week's ROH TV on Comet:

*The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks.

*Silas Young and Beer City Bruiser (with The Boys) vs. ReDragon

*ROH TV champ Roderick Strong vs. Samson Walker.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/98273/aj-styles-update-final-battle-ppv-alex-shelley-strong-on-taz-show-more-ring-of-honor-news.html?p=1

The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks vs. The All Night Express was officially announced for the 12/18 Ring of Honor Final Battle 2015 PPV in Philadelphia, PA at the 2300 Arena.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/98291/big-threeway-tag-added-to-roh-final-battle-ppv.html?p=1

Also this was announced:

fGZ54tE.jpg

[- PWInsider reports that next Friday's ROH Final Battle PPV will be available on the Playstation Network, in addition to traditional PPV. This is a first for Ring of Honor.

- PWInsider also reports that Bullet Club tag team Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson will be returning to Ring of Honor for a couple of dates in March. Both men are also booked for the huge Wrestle Kingdom 10 show next month.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/1211/604654/bullet-club-team/

News on ROH's talent agreement:

Ring Of Honor sent us the following this morning:

Ring of Honor Enters Agreement with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

New Partnership with PWG rewards California fans with ROH/PWG Action

(BALTIMORE, MD) Ring of Honor Wrestling announced today that theyve entered into a strategic agreement with Pro Wrestling Guerrilla that enables exclusively contracted stars to compete on a select number of PWG shows per year in California.

ROH and NJPW have been developing a significant global relationship for the past two years and now ROH will work with PWG on the west coast of the United States. PWG is a fantastic company in California that both our fans and stars have always been passionate about, said Joe Koff. As we continue to grow the ROH brand and enter into exclusive agreements with our talent, we want all fans to continue enjoying the performance of the ROH stars in PWG. This alliance is great for both of our companies, the talent, and most importantly The FANS.

With this agreement, wrestling fans can look forward to seeing stars such as Adam Cole, Kyle OReilly, The Young Bucks, etc. compete at PWG shows, demonstrating to the West Coast why Ring of Honor is the best wrestling on the planet.

More information will be made available on http://rohwrestling.com and on Ring of Honors social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/98412/update-on-ring-of-honorpro-wrestling-guerrilla-relationship.html?p=1