Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BALTIMORE, MD) Ring of Honor announced Tuesday that Roderick Strong, aka Mr. ROH, has re-signed with the company. The Triple Crown Champion was most recently featured as a challenger for the Ring of Honor World Championship against Jay Lethal at Death Before Dishonor XIII in Baltimore. The spectacular match ended in a draw as the wrestlers battled through the 60-minutes of regulation time allotted for World Championship matches.

Ive set the bar really high for myself and anyone who comes after me, Strong said. Ive got unfinished business in Ring of Honor and winning that ROH World Championship for a second time is of the utmost importance!

Strong will once again find himself battling with champions as he takes on IWGP Champion Rainmaker Kazuchika Okada at Field of Honor in Brooklyn, NY on August 22nd.

September 30, 2015 will begin Strongs 13th year with Ring of Honor, as he continues to exemplify Ring of Honors pride for having the best wrestling on the planet. More information about Roderick Strong, including upcoming appearances and featured products, can be found on http://www.rohwrestling.com.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/95460/roderick-strong-resigns-with-ring-of-honor.html?p=1

Yay for ROH, boo for PWG, I hope he at least Roderick gets to drop the belt in a match rather than it just be vacated! The mount rushmore 2.0 angle is obviously dead before it started now too

Believe its still a open contract.

Did Destination America get rid of the 8pm airing? My box recorded the 11pm one instead that comes on right after Impact.

Yea its just 11 PM now.

Yay for ROH, boo for PWG, I hope he at least Roderick gets to drop the belt in a match rather than it just be vacated! The mount rushmore 2.0 angle is obviously dead before it started now too

Believe its still a open contract.

Did Destination America get rid of the 8pm airing? My box recorded the 11pm one instead that comes on right after Impact.

Yea its just 11 PM now.

Damn, that's a serious blow for their ratings. Why on Earth would DA do that?

"As seen above, Ring of Honor has posted a tribute to the late "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. Piper appeared at an ROH event back in January 2014 in Nashville. The tribute features footage of Piper with Kevin Owens, The Briscoes and other ROH talents. ROH also posted this statement on Piper over the weekend:

We at Ring of Honor are extremely shocked and saddened at the sudden passing of the legendary Rowdy Roddy Piper.

A true icon in professional wrestling, Rowdy Roddy Piper was a silent adviser to many, passing on his invaluable wisdom. An amazing man who will be missed by those who were lucky enough to work with or get to know him.

We extend our sincerest condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Rowdy Roddy Piper."

ROH founder and current RF Video owner Rob Feinstein is under fire today after being accused of selling forged Roddy Piper merchandise. Feinstein started selling Piper merch on his Facebook page today and was called out by Christopher Ott on Facebook for autographed Piper art that Ott claims was purchased without a signature the day after Piper died. Feinstein's original Facebook post has been deleted, but you can check out a screencap from a parody Gene Okerlund Twitter account:

Spread the word please. This is awful. pic.twitter.com/mRGZXamnC1

Gene Okerlund (@MeanGeneHotline) August 5, 2015

Feinstein responded to the claim, writing:

This past weekend during a convention we attended we traded for a few Roddy Piper autographed art prints. We traded DVD's for the signed art prints during the convention and also purchased unsigned prints from the artist himself. We were informed by the artist that the there wasn't anyway the Roddy Piper signed prints could have been done as they were just released. We would like to apologize for this oversight as we will never purchase or trade for autographs again that we do not see signed ourselves. Unsigned prints are still available for $30.

Early Saturday morning when doors opened at the Monster Mania convention a fan came to us with Roddy Piper signed prints and wanted to work out a trade with us for DVD's. We traded for a few of each of them and I asked the guy where he got the artwork from and he told me the artist was actually set up at the convention. When I went over to the artist I told him that I just saw his pictures and assured him that I would not resell them at the same convention that he was at and that I wanted to purchase what he had in stock. We bought a bunch of different ones up from the artist.I also purchased Undertaker and Hulk Hogan prints from him because they were awesome. I posted the Piper ones last night for sale and quickly found out today by him that they were not real. I took them down and told the artist. We always get everything we sell from talent direct or trade with people that we know are legit. If we were in the business of selling bogus signatures the Hogan and Undertakers would have been up there as well. We still will be selling the pictures that we got from the artist. I apologize for again for the mistake and I should have known not to get them from a fan but now I learned. If anyone has a direct # for Chris please pass it along to me.

Ott and Feinstein then went back and forth on Facebook, you can check out the exchange below:

For anyone battling someone using Robby's newest story as an excuse... This was Rob's story an hour before. It only changed when I said that the Hot Rod print was new in 11x17 size.

Posted by Christopher Ott on Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I am about to slam the door on this accusations saying that I signed any of these Piper pictures.....Stand by as I was just contacted by someone who saw the entire deal and has XERO reason to lie.

Posted by Rob Feinstein on Wednesday, August 5, 2015

http://ow.ly/32gxrD

^I just started DVRing episodes again. I was excited for Cole vs O'Reilly, this week. I was a little disappointed with how it turned out. I mean, the Future Shock reunion was cool, but something about it didn't really click with me. I don't know what it was, though

According to The Wrestling Observer, Ring of Honor is interested in filming an all womens test show called Women of Honor.

ROH is looking to shoot the special very soon, and it would be along the same lines as indy groups who book arenas for one night and tape female shows during the afternoon for a later DVD release.

As of now, there are no plans to feature the Women of Honor as an actual division on regular ROH TV, and the special would be something featured on DVD releases.

Due to the recent great fan reactions to ODB vs. Nanae Takahashi and Mandy Leon vs. Deonna Purrzo, ROH is looking at brining in female talent from Japan.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/605703-backstage-update-on-ring-of-honor-possibly-adding-a-womens-division-plans-to-tape-womens-event-and-more

Guest Fight Me.

Has anyone heard Truth Martini on the Art of Wrestling podcast this week? It's probably the craziest story I've heard since Cliff Compton went to Nigeria, you guys should check it out. :lol:

Edited by Fight Me.

Ring of Honor returns to Brooklyn, New York on Saturday, August 22nd, 2015 to present FIELD OF HONOR 15 at MCU Park in Brooklyn, NY. This year, stars from NJPW will be joining us for even more incredible action! Tickets for this event are be on sale now and can be purchased by clicking HERE! Tickets also available by phone at 718-507-TIXX or in person at the MCU Park Box Office.

JUST SIGNED! A massive eight-man tag team match featuring international rivalries:

RPG VICE & THE KINGDOM vs. ACH, MATT SYDAL, & THE YOUNG BUCKS!

In NJPW, fans have watched The Kingdom align with CHAOS (featuring RPG Vice) to battle the Bullet Club. Now that rivalry adds a new chapter at FIELD OF HONOR! American fans who jeer The Kingdom in ROH might be shocked to learn that in Japan, quite the opposite is true. Meanwhile, fans in the United States can't get enough of the Bullet Club! There is no doubt the crowd in Brooklyn will be red hot for this match!

And on top of the CHAOS/Kingdom/Bullet Club rivalry, ROH has added ACH and Matt Sydal into the mix! They are one of the newer alliances in ROH, but they have already proven they have the potential to win gold - and sooner rather than later! There is absolutely no doubt that Ring of Honor has the best tag team division on the planet, and matches like this one showcase just how stacked it is.

This is guaranteed to be a non-stop, chaotic spectacle that you will never forget! Be there LIVE for this match and to see the rest of your favorite ROH stars in action. Tickets for this event are be on sale now and can be purchased by clicking HERE (http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=CYC_WRESTLING&pid=7999268)!

Mark & Jay Briscoe vs the Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)

ROH World & World TV Champion Jay Lethal & "King of Strong Style" Shinsuke Nakamura vs reDRagon

IWGP Heavyweight Champion, "Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs "Mr ROH" Roderick Strong

Tag Team Rematch

GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Champions Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr & Lance Archer) vs War Machine (Hanson & Rowe)

Adam Cole vs. Christopher Daniels

Signed to appear...

Frankie Kazarian

Cedric Alexander w/Veda Scott

Moose w/Stokely Hathaway

Silas Young

Dalton Castle

Takaaki Watanabe

Adam Page

Donovan Dijak

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING PRESENTS:

FIELD OF HONOR '15

SATURDAY, AUGUST 22ND, 2015

1904 SURF AVENUE

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/95770/crazy-eight-man-tag-added-to-roh-field-of-honor.html?p=1

Looking like a great card so far. A worthy competitor to NXT the same night.

I'm intrigued by Adam Cole's face turn. I feel like he works best by being a piece of shit heel and he was pretty bland as a face, but that was Future Shock Cole. It might be different, this time around

Has anyone heard Truth Martini on the Art of Wrestling podcast this week? It's probably the craziest story I've heard since Cliff Compton went to Nigeria, you guys should check it out. :lol:

I listened to this coming home (to Vancouver, BC, Canada) from Monday Night RAW last night (in Everett, WA, USA). So ironic but that story is something else. Definitely worth a listen.

It was a great story but to be fair his first podcast he did with Colt was great, and I love his episode of the "Kevin Steen Show" was awesome, probably my favourite of the Steen interviews....."why did you rape me?" Hysterical story!

Truth is a very entertaining man, probably more so away from the ring

It was announced at the beginning of the final New Japan Pro Wrestling G1 Climax show by Ring of Honor booker Delirious that ROH will be coming to Japan in 2016.

No specific dates were announced but PWInsider reports that the two sides, NJPW and ROH, have been working on putting this together for months and they may be running a 2-3 show tour in the first quarter of next year.

There may be additional announcements regarding the tour later this week and we will keep you updated.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/big-news-on-roh-going-to-japan-next-year/

More:

As Richard Trionfo noted on the site, it was announced during the New Japan G1 Climax broadcast that Ring of Honor will be touring Japan in 2016.

This is something the two sides had been working on putting together for several months. The plan, I believe, is to run a tour of 2-3 shows in the first quarter of 2016.

There may be some additional announcements regarding the tour later this week. ROH has run Japan before during the era where Cary Silkin ran the company, but at that point, they were partnering with Dragon Gate. This would be the first time they partner with NJPW and run under the Sinclair banner.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/95898/more-on-roh-in-japan.html?p=1