Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

Saw a pic of the move and it looked nasty. From what I've read, it is just a stinger and he is able to move.

Spoiler from tonight.

The American Wolves beat Forever Hooligans to win the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Which probably means we will get reDRagon vs the Wolves at Manhattan Mayhem V

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just discovered ROH is on TV on sundays from 12-1 here, thats kinda cool. My biggest complaint after watching this show for the last hour, is they do tooo much. Ive always had the mentality that you dont need 1000 moves to be a good wrestler, just 10 good ones.

• 3 months later...

I just discovered ROH is on TV on sundays from 12-1 here, thats kinda cool. My biggest complaint after watching this show for the last hour, is they do tooo much. Ive always had the mentality that you dont need 1000 moves to be a good wrestler, just 10 good ones.

I've always thought they do slightly too much too. Still a really fun program to watch.

Also, I can't believe the last post here was from September. :o

• 2 months later...

Their weeklies are really dry tbh. It's always 90% two random matches with spots and general sequences they do on a weekly basis. PPV's are great but I only watch the weeklies when I'm really bored.

Yeah I have a back log of ROH TV from February..

• 3 weeks later...

Soooo... Since

AJ Styles won the IWGP title against Okada and will now face Michael Elgin for the title... Who will Okada face at War of the Worlds? I hope he's still appearing.

maybe vs Strong,BJ or Taven?

Soooo... Since

AJ Styles won the IWGP title against Okada and will now face Michael Elgin for the title... Who will Okada face at War of the Worlds? I hope he's still appearing.

maybe vs Strong,BJ or Taven?

I hope it's against Ciampa or Hero.

Shame. I was really looking forward to Okada/Elgin. Looks like ROH will get Elgin vs Styles one more time.

Speaking of Hero, is he done with ROH? He is wrestling for Empire State Wrestling on the 17th and hasn't appeared since the Mania shows. Not sure if he is sticking with the DragonGabe shows.

Edited by Facetious

To be frank, I wasn't exactly looking foward to it. I think both Okada/Hero and especially Okada/Ciampa are better, but that's because I don't really like Elgin. But the title change is AWESOME for ROH, as they can say they have both top belts. BTW, please don't make Jushin Liger win ROH's title just to make it even. Well, actually, if he's taking it from Adam Cole, then it's fine with me.

I think Hero is working more selective dates only. I read in an interview that he wanted to tour a lot of promotions, so it maybe that. Or maybe because his paycheck probably increased, and ROH is running with AJ, who also has to be pretty expensive. Those are two big free agents who suddenly became available almost at the same time, and maybe ROH can't book both all the time together. I don't know, maybe they can. Just throwing it out there.

Shame. I was really looking forward to Okada/Elgin. Looks like ROH will get Elgin vs Styles one more time.

Speaking of Hero, is he done with ROH? He is wrestling for Empire State Wrestling on the 17th and hasn't appeared since the Mania shows. Not sure if he is sticking with the DragonGabe shows.

I think Hero is just picking dates with all the various companies. He is currently the Evolve champ. He also just did a huge tour of japan with Colt in Noahs tag league. So that could be a big reason why he has been MIA.

Also I'd love to see a Hero vs Okada. I was hoping he would get in the njpw vs roh card. Id love for him to do a tour with njpw as well.

So, apparently it's decided.

Okada will face Cedric Alexander. Showcase match for the former IWGP champ. A shame they chose mainly to protect both their rosters instead of making more true dream matches. Alexander isn't even near Okada's league. Ditto for Benett against Tanahashi. Well, at least we'll have Nakamura/Steen (which is probably only being done because Steen might leave and he's been losing quite a bit recently. Can't say it's a bad card though, but it could be a lot better.

Full Card for War of the Worlds, May 17th:

1. Tommaso Ciampa, Matt Taven & ACH vs. Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Takaaki Watanabe
2. BJ Whitmer & Roderick Strong vs. Jado & Gedo
3. Cedric Alexander vs. Kazuchika Okada
4. Kevin Steen vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. Michael Bennett vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
6. ROH World TV Title: Jay Lethal © vs. KUSHIDA
7. ROH World Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson © vs. Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reily
8. ROH World Heavyweight Title: Adam Cole © vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
9. IWGP Tag Team Title: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows © vs. Mark Briscoe & Jay Briscoe
10. IWGP Heavyweight Title: AJ Styles © vs. Michael Elgin

Meh on Cedric vs Okada but reality is,it could steal the show. Cedric has had some great matches with strong so if the stars align right,it could be a fantastic match. I would rather have a Hero though but thats ok with me still. As for the Bennett vs Tanahashi thing,I for one think its a great match up. Reality is if guys like Aj and Cole are booked in other matches,Bennett is a great choice. Being that he has had some great matches and he is in the upper mid card section of the roster right now,and Tanahashi being more in the IC title area then big title,mix all those and it is not a bad choice. Also the match much like Cedric/Okada,could really be a great match. Guys like Cedric,Bennett,Bobby Fish,O'reily,Taven and BJ are dark horses of ROH who can have amazing matches,but tend to get less noticed then the big name guys like AJ,Cole,Elgin,Steen,etc.

I just saw on ROH's Facebook page that they put out a DVD today featuring guys who went to TNA & WWE, like Bryan, Rollins, etc. and noticed that they had this match on the DVD:

Adam Cole & Tommaso Ciampa vs. Michael Elgin & Kevin Steen… 9/6/13 Road to Greatness Night 1

Any of them sign with WWE or TNA? I know Steen had a tryout for WWE but I hadn't heard that he got signed.

I just saw on ROH's Facebook page that they put out a DVD today featuring guys who went to TNA & WWE, like Bryan, Rollins, etc. and noticed that they had this match on the DVD:

Adam Cole & Tommaso Ciampa vs. Michael Elgin & Kevin Steen… 9/6/13 Road to Greatness Night 1

Any of them sign with WWE or TNA? I know Steen had a tryout for WWE but I hadn't heard that he got signed.

Think they just posted that match saying thats what you could see soon in WWE.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... Cedric Alexander is out. Speculation is that Okada can be inserted in the IWGP title match for War of The Worlds. Personally, I think New Japan will want it's main guys winning all matches, so I guess Roderick Strong gets inserted in Okada's place, just to further his feud with Alexander since the story is that he's out due to injuries sustained by The Decade's attack at Global Wars. I guess Jado & Gedo face BJ and Jacobs, Roderick moves to face Okada. Or maybe they bring Chris Hero, who knows.

Edited by Rozay.

Well... Cedric Alexander is out. Speculation is that Okada can be inserted in the IWGP title match for War of The Worlds. Personally, I think New Japan will want it's main guys winning all matches, so I guess Roderick Strong gets inserted in Okada's place, just to further his feud with Alexander since the story is that he's out due to injuries sustained by The Decade's attack at Global Wars. I guess Jado & Gedo face BJ and Jacobs, Roderick moves to face Okada. Or maybe they bring Chris Hero, who knows.

They really need to chill out with the winning stuff. Every single time someone comes in they win. Remember the title swap with the Hooligans? It's annoying imo. It even kinda spoils the results. If this is supposed to be a partnership, both companies should get wins/loses. I mean, sure, NJPW is much bigger than ROH but ROH shouldn't whore it's roster out to them just for more fan exposure, especially since they won't build a big fan base in Japan just because of these shows.

Well. Yeah, I agree. The only match in the entire show that I feel can be considered a dream match is Steen/Nakamura, but I only think that's happening because Steen either is able to take the loss or maybe is going to WWE even. All the others? Well, NJPW put only people they feel comfortable having a loss. Liger and KUSHIDA are not winning. But I think it really isn't only NJPW's fault. ROH also protected it's main talent, mostly. Cedric Alexander? Michael Bennett? C'mon. They're midcarders at ROH.

Still, I do agree. That tends to make cross promotional cards... not exactly boring, but frustrating. For instance, I feel like ROH could use a new Television Champion.

Still, an ROH talent is NJPW's main champion. Of course, that's only because AJ Styles is the lone member of the roster with any real modicum of name value, and because he also struck a deal with NJPW, but still. So... It could be worse, I guess.