Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry... I hope I'm not the only one. Davey Richards bores the shit out of me!

Kinda feel you. I like Davey, but I didn't really enjoy his run. His match with Elgin was great, but aside from that, I felt like it was really lackluster. Him as a face doesn't really work, IMO. Dude just can't pull it off.

Edwards have more fire to be the top guy, especially in his performance at the recent Global Tag league.

I felt like Davey was better in the hunt than as champion. I did enjoy Edwards reign more, I found his matches more entertaining and varied. Davey's American Strong Style never clicked with me, the no selling and the "warrior spirit" got old fast.

I think he just needs time off, he seemed burnt out going between NJPW and ROH and being ROH's top guy, and since NJPW dropped his dates, it seems like the perfect time. So I wouldn't mind seeing him take time off while Steen reigns.

Border Wars is the first ROH show (weekly or ppv) i've seen and i've got to say it was refreshing to watch, especially since WWE has gotten really stale of late to me and TNA i just flat out don't watch anymore, I thought the Steen match was awesome and i'm always happy to see Rhino wrestle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watching the iPPV now, Adam Cole Vs. Kyle O'Reilly in a Hybrid Wrestling match. *censored*ing awesome!

Cole just starts bleeding profusely after a boot from O'Reilly knocks out two of his teeth, both men were hitting hard and weren't backing down for shit. Best match I've seen all year so far.

^

228e8e15.jpg

That literally scared me when I first saw it. All the reason to respect Adam Cole even more. That match was awesome...especially watching it live...If Cole needs time off to heal wounds, by all means...

Just came home from the show...it was a crazy experience especially sitting in the lower balcony...

I just can't get over how good the match was. It wasn't very long, but you can really sense both men gave it their all to impress the crowd. And Cole gets all of my respect from here on out. What a tough SOB.

^ Went through it rather quickly... First time ever; Mike Mondo - Davey Richards & main event was Texas Death Match between Jay Briscoe & Charlie Haas. It was pretty much NO DQ no count out match and between each pinfall (that wouldn't mean anything, like in ironman) there was 30 second rest period and then if one couldn't get up till the count of 10 (after the 30 second "rest") it was over. I didn't really watch much of this but after the match fans were chanting "That was awesome" i believe.

Oh and Nigel was someowhere else, Cornette was Kevin Kelly's commentary partna.

Edited by Koshceck

Browsing ROH's roster page, I saw BJ Whitmer added, so is he back now? I know he did a few matches for them recently so I guess it's possible.

And Jimmy Jacobs name is now Zombie Princess? I thought it was just a nickname?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I been trying to keep up with ROH lately but I haven't been that successful. When did it become like mostly heels fighting each other? Steen/Rhino, Mikey Mondo/Mike Bennett, SCUM fighting the House of Truth? What's going on?

I thought Kevin Steen and Jimmy Jacobs were supposed to be good guys.