Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

Hey, I just started watching ROH and figured Final Battle 11 would be a good first show (since Maria debuted there :shifty: ) and I was wondering: Where the shows on TV since then ? It seems like there is a break of like 2 month with the shows and I obviously wanna rewatch all the shows to understand what's going on.

Oh btw: I am currentyl watching the show from the 1/21/12 and in the entirr line up of shows avaible, there are only weeklies and ONE single PPV (Showdown in the sun) is that right ? Did they only have one PPV since then ?

Edited by Lyriqz

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I just started watching ROH and figured Final Battle 11 would be a good first show (since Maria debuted there :shifty: ) and I was wondering: Where the shows on TV since then ? It seems like there is a break of like 2 month with the shows and I obviously wanna rewatch all the shows to understand what's going on.

Oh btw: I am currentyl watching the show from the 1/21/12 and in the entirr line up of shows avaible, there are only weeklies and ONE single PPV (Showdown in the sun) is that right ? Did they only have one PPV since then ?

The show started in like June of last year, the very first show had a match for the tag titles between WGTT and the Kings of Wrestling.

From 1/21 to now? I think there was Young Wolves Rising and Showdown in the Sun which was a 2 night event.

• 2 weeks later...

I was pretty surprised they gave away Bennett/Storm and Steen/Generico the other night. I know the whole event was free for Ringside Members, but still. The only match I haven't seen from that weekend I want to is Davey/Elgin.

Yeah, but did the show had any content that wasn't on the PPV ? I stopped watching after the first half because I allready knew the matches...

I think they just showed Storm vs Bennett and Steen vs Generico. Nothing new.

ROH is having a big clearance sale today, mostly with older DVDs of theirs. But they've also got tons of PWG stuff, some dating back to like 04. Plus some shoot DVDs too. Anybody who's interested should check it out, I think Ringside Members get an extra % off.

He's had about 8 defenses since he won it at BITW back last year, so it's somewhat reasonable. It did prolong his run last fall where he went about 3 months without defending it. Since then it's been about once a month.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you guys having trouble watching Border Wars? I can't see the video to save my life. ROH's website is acting up and I'm getting really pissed...

I'm not watching it but ROH has had IPPV issues for months and months, so I'm not shocked.

CHIKARA is here?! What?

ROH dropped GFL after the Showdown in the Sun fiasco. This time it was in-house and we all know how that turned out.

One positive thing I can say about it; the production was fantastic. They looked professional for once.

I'd say the PPV was alright. Can't say anything about the first two matches (because they were not shown due to ROH not being able to handle the load). Lethal vs Ciampa and Storm vs Bennett were enjoyable. Elgin vs Cole was good. Strong vs Finlay was good. Briscoes vs WGTT was horrid with a horrible finish. I'm sick of seeing WGTT in ROH.

Richards vs Steen was awesome. The psychology between the two was fantastic. Steen continued to go for the Package Piledriver with Davey countering everytime. Davey busted out some moves he hadn't used in years and also worked over Steen's leg. Probably my favorite part was Steen putting Davey away with one Package Piledriver.