Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

10wjvx1.png

Discuss the latest 'Ring Of Honor' Shows here!

Please keep in mind that this topic may contain Spoilers for both ROH TV Shows and PPVs!

DO NOT POST UNAIRED SPOILERS!

--

- Click here for the Official TV Listing -

--

- Unable to get ROH on TV near you? -

Get your Membership here at ROH Wrestling to watch Episodes of ROH on ROHWrestling.com

(Ringside Membership - Mondays | Free/GA Membership - Thursdays)

2qw08rp.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10wjvx1.png

May I suggest using the alternative ROH logo, as the one currently used in the original post is hard to see.

And I have already got myself signed up (to a free membership) so Thursdays are ROH days to me now.

Edited by BlackToxic
Replaced Image URL: No Hotlinking!

10wjvx1.png

May I suggest using the alternative ROH logo, as the one currently used in the original post is hard to see.

And I have already got myself signed up (to a free membership) so Thursdays are ROH days to me now.

Sweet man, I am still having issues getting them to send me an activation email..This is 4th time requesting one today.

I watched it and while the matches were pretty damn good, I didn't like only having two. It seemed as if the main focus was about the website and Best of the Best.

It's like I mentioned in another thread, that was mostly because it was their first show. They had to introduce new viewers to what their product is, the easiest way was by doing video packages. As time progresses, there'll be less of those and more matches and promos by the wrestlers themselves.

Plus there might've been only 2 matches, but they weren't short, and they only had an hour. Future Shock/Bravados went around 10 + minutes, KOW/WGTT went atleast 20 + too. Figure in the commercial breaks and promos, and it all evened out pretty well.

I thought it was a good show, myself. I felt as though Richards/Strong should've been on the first show as it only seemed natural to have your world champion, especially defending his title, on your first show, but the tag title match wasn't bad.

Jacobs/Bennett and Lethal/Generico are on tap for next week, and they both look pretty good.

Edited by Five To One

Really questioning why they opened the show with the Bravados and Future Shock. The match was good, but not something I would book on the first show in a major market.. To be honest, the show wasn't that good. But I do understand that it was their first show, and I am optimistic for the future.

Really questioning why they opened the show with the Bravados and Future Shock. The match was good, but not something I would book on the first show in a major market.. To be honest, the show wasn't that good. But I do understand that it was their first show, and I am optimistic for the future.

I feel the same about the Bravados/Future Shock. I think this week's show with Bennett/Jacobs and Generico/Lethal would've been better suited for last week's first show.

But I really enjoyed this week's, Generico/Lethal was really good. I'm looking forward to Richards/Strong next week.

Just watched the last two episodes and they were amazing. I can't wait for this week's show, with Richards vs. Strong as the Main Event.

@ Crowley: Waste Management: "First Things First". The answer is in the comments section of the video. :hqhq:

Another good show, in my opinion. Tommaso Ciampa taking on Andy Ridge was a good match, mostly a squash, but still a good watch. I like the way they've built up Tommaso, he's definitely a guy I could see as future World champion.

The World Title match was also pretty good, I wouldn't say as good as their match at Final Battle but definitely the best televised match this week, as far as that goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Jay Lethal had an amazing match against Kennent *?* yesterday on the CW.

Mike Bennett.

I haven't actually seen it yet, but based off that...handspring? Ace Crusher, it looks like a good match. Mikey Mondo vs. TJ Perkins doesn't sound too appealing though. I'm sure the match will be okay though.

I love Mike Bennett. He's the anti-ROH wrestler. Their shows right now have been higly entertaining. But they got to have coherent storyline progressions between shows and PPVs, and not just use the show as they did in HDNet. So far, it's good. Oh, and McGuinness and Steen can't come back soon enough.

It's still weird how the tapings are behind Death Before Dishonor, I guess eventually things will even out so that it all synchs up.

I think the thing they're doing with

Steen and "fans" demanding him

is pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to where it goes.

Edited by Five To One

• 1 month later...

Really impressed by

Richards and Elgin this week. Great finish, it was believable and the entire match wasn't like just The Davey show the whole time either. I haven't seen much from Elgin prior to this, but he's really athletic for a big guy and has great ring presence. The setup between Davey and Eddie at the end involved a predictable spot with the accidental belt shot but still did a good job of setting up Final Battle. I'll be busy on the 23, but I'll probably catch up with this one eventually.

Edited by unknownsold13r