Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommaso Ciampa: ROH COO Joe Koff Told Me, 'No One Is Going To Sign You For More Than $20,000'

Tommaso Ciampa spent four years in ROH, and though he is a former ROH Television Champion, his time in the promotion wasn't what it could have been.

Ciampa's contract was coming to an end [in 2013], and while he wanted to remain with ROH, negotiations with ROH COO Joe Koff didn't exactly go smoothly.

"I remember going to the negotiation with them and saying, 'I'll sign five years, ten years, I'll make my career in Ring of Honor if you guys show me that you're looking to invest in me the way I'll invest in you.' I thought the conversation was going well and it took this hard turn."

"I remember talking to the owner, Joe Koff, and I told him how I feel. And he was like, 'No one is going to offer you more than $20,000.' I remember freezing and going, 'Oh. I didn't realize you thought that of me.' It was like, 'Okay, we don't have to do this anymore. My contract is coming up. I'm good. I'm gonna go somewhere else and find out if you're right or not.' Immediately he was like, 'No no, I didn't mean it like that.' And I'm like, 'It's cool. I'm not mad at you. I cared until that was said. I don't care anymore. It's cool. I just didn't understand that you guys viewed me as my ceiling was not above the midcard.'"

"I went to Delirious that day and said, 'Just so you know, I discussed things with Joe, and I'm wrapped up. I'll finish my dates and I'm done.'"

Full article: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/tommaso-ciampa-roh-coo-joe-koff-told-me-no-one-going-sign-you-more-20000

Clowns

• 2 weeks later...

I have this on in the background and i feel like Bennett is gonna return to help Taven.

From what i saw on twitter the show maybe had 500 people there if that, crazy how at one point ROH and CZW were both the standouts of the indy scene and now both are holding their biggest shows of the year and noone gives a shit. Lack of being able to create new stars on their own.

I know PCO has had an incredible comeback. But come on, him as ROH world champion is just too much.

I disagree with this.

He's literally the only thing fresh/interesting that they have going. So...I can't think of anyone more deserving. Especially since it is probably the only time he'll hold a major world title. Screw RoH for being a trash fire these days...but, fair-play to PCO. For a dude his age, he really accomplished a lot. He deserves it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Nice! I thought Sydal went back to being Evan Bourne. He was in Evolve a few months ago.

He was able to use it at Evolve due to their relationship with WWE.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...