Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison Square Garden is known as home territory for WWE but if a Sinclair Broadcast exec is to be believed, ROH is making a play for the famous venue.

Sinclair Broadcast Group CEO Chris Ripley spoke with the Baltimore Business Journal about Ring of Honor expanding and explained that the company is taking advantage of a very passionate fanbase by beginning to run shows in larger venues.

This includes plans for a show in Madison Square Garden next year.

Ripley isnt directly quoted saying it, but the article is written as though the move was spawned by the success of All In and WWEs reported billion dollar deal in the works at Fox.

No exact date was given for the show, nor any additional details, but a move like this would definitely be surprising since WWE has had a stranglehold on the venue for so long.

According to PWInsider, venue officials are unhappy with WWE for leaving them out in the cold in regards to WrestleMania week activities next year when the show runs at Barclays. Because of this, theyve started talking to other companies including AAA.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/roh-msg-garden-event/

Guest Fight Me.

Someone let me know when the Manhattan Center shows start to air so I can see myself lol.

Edited by Fight Me.

212sfbc.jpg

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1007253884144898048

Coming off the highly successful Honor United Tour, the Best Wrestling on the Planet, Ring of Honor, returns to the UK with the HONOR RE-UNITED TOUR, featuring an eight-man, United States vs. United Kingdom Tournament! The tournament is the First Annual Ring of Honor International Cup with the first round taking place in Edinburgh on Thursday August 16, the Semi Finals and Finals on Saturday August 18 in Doncaster, with the winner challenging for the Ring of Honor World Championship in the Main Event on Sunday August 19 in London!

The tournament marks the first of many anticipated International Cups, all of which possess endless possibilities, including the United States vs. Japan, United States vs. Germany, United States vs. Mexico, and more!

As we have seen from the recent Reach For The Sky, War of the Worlds – UK, and Honor United Tours, Ring of Honor brings in the very best UK stars to compete against its own stars year after year! Previous tours have brought stars like “The Villain” Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay, Mark Haskins, NWA Worlds Champion Nick Aldis, and others to ROH competition, with all making the most of their opportunities. Will we see a breakout star make the most of this opportunity or will an established star win the first-ever ROH International Cup?

The best way to experience ROH is to be there LIVE! There is nothing like the hard-hitting, in-your-face-action Ring of Honor can deliver LIVE. Be sure to get your tickets NOW!

1st ANNUAL RING OF HONOR INTERNATIONAL CUP
- UNITED STATES VS. UNITED KINGDOM –

Thursday, August 16 - Edinburgh Corn Exchange
Edinburgh, Scotland – 7:00pm GMT
4 FIRST ROUND MATCHES – USA VS. UK in each first round match

Saturday, August 18 – Doncaster Dome
Doncaster, England - 5:30pm GMT
SEMI FINALS & FINALS

Sunday, August 19 – York Hall
London, England – 5:00pm GMT
INTERNATIONAL CUP WINNER VS. ROH CHAMPION

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/inaugural-roh-international-cup-take-place-honor-re-united-uk-tour

While Ring of Honor planned to run a show at Madison Square Garden next year, it looks like that won't be happening.

ROH COO Joe Koff did an interview with PWInsider today where he noted that Madison Square Garden said they were backing out of the show after "communications from WWE." Dave Meltzer reported last Thursday that WWE was doing everything they could to stop the event from happening and that it was possible they would succeed in doing so.

"I’m not going to discuss beyond this statement because I am not going to litigate this in the press," Koff told PWInsider. "We had a deal with [Madison Square] Garden and they then told us they were backing out after communications from the WWE. We are not able to get any other dates in any kind of discussion.

"I’m expecting that our lawyers will be contacting all the parties involved and the best we can hope is that we can find a resolution, so we can bring the kind of energy and excitement that ROH and our partner New Japan to a bigger audience and to bigger arenas and to the fans of New York City."

Sinclair Broadcast Group CEO Chris Ripley first mentioned the show while speaking with the Baltimore Business Journal. It was planned to take place during the Saturday of next year's WrestleMania weekend, with WWE's Hall of Fame ceremony, NXT TakeOver special, and post-Mania Raw and SmackDown scheduled for the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

AAA has also been planning to run Madison Square Garden. It's been several decades since anyone other than the McMahon family has promoted a pro wrestling show at the venue.

https://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/roh-loses-msg-date-after-communications-wwe-259996?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Here is the updated card for the June 29th ROH Best in The World PPV. Make sure to join 411 for our live coverage at 9PM ET that night

* Sumie Sakai, Jenny Rose, Mayu Iwatani, and Tenille Dashwood vs. Kelly Klein, Kagetsu, Hana Kimura, and Hazuk

* KUSHIDA vs. Jay Lethal

* Bully Ray vs. Flip Gordon

* TV Title Street Fight Match: Champion Punishment Martinez vs. Adam Page

* Six Man Tag Team Title Match: Champions The Kingdom (Taven, Vinny, ORyan) vs. LIJ (EVIL, BUSHI, SANADA)

* Tag Team Title Match: Champions The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks

* World Title Match: Champion Dalton Castle vs. Cody vs. Marty Scurll

https://411mania.com/wrestling/updated-roh-best-world-ppv-card/

Well...I was pretty disappointed with what I saw from BitW...at least with the main event. Gonna have to go and watch everything else, because I'm sure other parts were good. But, I was left with a solid "meh" feeling from the outcome of the title match. I mean...yeah, I'm obviously a Cody mark. But at the same time, I feel like Marty and Dalton are just not fitting the bill for what a main-eventer is. People like both of those guys. They have a good fanbase. But...meh.

Edited by Generations

Guest Fight Me.

Surprised there's no talk about the new champ. Not just here, but I didn't hear a peep on social media til I got spoiled on YouTube lol.

Congrats Jay Lethal, who randomly won it on (I believe) an exclusive Honor Club show the night after the PPV. Surprised Cody didn't win it here in this 4 way after not winning on Friday.

Edited by Fight Me.

^ I saw it earlier today (but only for a very oddly specific reason) :lol:

I randomly was looking at Lethal's wikipedia page, and it said he was the current champion. And I was like "What? No he isn't"...so I checked, and checked again, and then triple checked, and I said "Well, shit". Lol.

Weird shit like that happens a lot to me...like I randomly check someone's page without knowing it's the anniversary of their death or something...I do that a lot too.

Edited by Generations

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, just seen what she said about Jay Lethal. Goddamn, the timing is incredible. If true, Jay's chances of ever singing with WWE just went out the window me thinks. Dude should've signed while they were still interested. I always wondered what happened to Taeler when she was one of, if not the, only woman featured in ROH at one point and was suddenly not around when Women of Honor started to become a bigger deal.

Ring of Honor Wrestling will be returning to the United Kingdom for another tour in August called Honor ReUnited.

ROH has announced that their Honor ReUnited tour will include the first-ever ROH International Cup Tournament.

The following comes from ROHWrestling.com:

Coming off the highly successful Honor United Tour, the Best Wrestling on the Planet, Ring of Honor, returns to the UK with the HONOR RE-UNITED TOUR, featuring an eight-man, United States vs. United Kingdom Tournament! The tournament is the First Annual Ring of Honor International Cup with the first round taking place in Edinburgh on Thursday August 16, the Semi Finals and Finals on Saturday August 18 in Doncaster, with the winner challenging for the Ring of Honor World Championship in the Main Event on Sunday August 19 in London!

The tournament marks the first of many anticipated International Cups, all of which possess endless possibilities, including the United States vs. Japan, United States vs. Germany, United States vs. Mexico, and more!

As we have seen from the recent Reach For The Sky, War of the Worlds UK, and Honor United Tours, Ring of Honor brings in the very best UK stars to compete against its own stars year after year! Previous tours have brought stars like The Villain Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay, Mark Haskins, NWA Worlds Champion Nick Aldis, and others to ROH competition, with all making the most of their opportunities. Will we see a breakout star make the most of this opportunity or will an established star win the first-ever ROH International Cup?

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/52827/First-Ever-ROH-International-Cup-Tournament-Announced-for-Honor-ReUnited/

Over the past couple of days, it's been announced that Joe Hendry, Jimmy Havoc and Mark Haskins will be featured in this tournament. Other names should be announced soon.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1014165688435474433

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1014207258962558976

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1014882873164423170

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/53171/More-Stars-Announced-for-ROH-International-Cup-Tournament/

Some of these comments by Taeler make her sound petty and untrustworthy, tbh. Like...why bother calling Lethal a fraud who only reached the top because he stole gimmicks and worked as a parody? Some of the stuff she's posting doesn't sit well with my instincts. She went and made this sound personal, which isn't helping her case at all. Now it just sounds like she doesn't like the dude, and is trying to sabotage him. If there's truth to her claims, then she chose the single worst way to go about this.

Timing is also fishy with Jay just having won the belt. She didn't care then, but now she does? Now she cannot remain silent? Questionable timing. Questionable claims in general.

Edited by Generations