Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw something on Twitter which I think is BS, that WWE are looking to buy ROH and putting it on the Network and apparently have been talking since January.

It's not bullshit. It's probably real, but it doesn't mean anything until it happens. So...

Edited by Generations

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the Tag Team Title Street Fight featuring Champions The Hardys vs. The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice at the ROH Winner Takes All (15th Anniversary PPV) was reworked 40 minutes before the show went on the air. The wrestlers got word that due to Impact Wrestlings legal threats, that the music, interviews and anything related to the gimmick, which would have been played up huge in the original match, had to be thrown out.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/the-bucks-vs-hardys-vs-rpg-vice-roh-ppv-match-was-completely-re-worked-before-the-show-due-to-impacts-legal-threats/

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it is that TNA thinks they own the Broken gimmick in any way, shape or form. Dude created the shit himself, shot the videos on his own property, used his own money...all during a time when TNA was about to completely sink. He saved their asses. And now they go full Tom Petty on his ass and claim that they somehow own it? I'm sure Matt could beat them in court, couldn't he? If he could prove that it was his own money, his own time, his own property, etc? There has to be a way...

bRY4vAJ.jpg

So I guess we aren't getting the Cole-Omega match before he leaves? :(
Gonna happen in Japan maybe

Does he have a New Japan deal like the Bucks or only a ROH contract? Anyways, I think his ROH deal only finishes up on May 1st or April 30th so there's still plenty of time to do it.

QWX2Juv.png

Ospreay, Dragon Lee, Volador Jr. (?) and? I mean just the other 3 in a match sounds insane but I wanna know who the 4th dude is lol.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it is that TNA thinks they own the Broken gimmick in any way, shape or form. Dude created the shit himself, shot the videos on his own property, used his own money...all during a time when TNA was about to completely sink. He saved their asses. And now they go full Tom Petty on his ass and claim that they somehow own it? I'm sure Matt could beat them in court, couldn't he? If he could prove that it was his own money, his own time, his own property, etc? There has to be a way...

Dixie put in their old contracts that they owned the creative shit that they do, Hardys didn't care or read it then they did the Broken stuff. Anthem realized this and is taking advantage of it, its what I got from reading the sheets.

Anthem should've just sat back and collected money off their gimmick tbh, would've been a smarter business move.

Supercard of Honor will indeed air on iPPV after initially being exclusive to those in attendance: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/818751-roh-supercard-of-honor-to-air-live-on-ippv-next-weekend-event-details-and-how-to-watch

@MRN: That last guy is called Jay White. He is a young boy in NJPW who is on excusion in ROH. He's got mad skillz.

Nope.

He should. I think he can get over in New Japan.

Oh he will.

He'll be a member of bullet club, by the time their match is over...

Him, hangman, Cody, omega and young bucks as the main BC dudes. Oh my, gonna be amazing.

Even in his match against ricochet, he now wears aj style tights.. I see as a nod..

Shame Cole going out that way though..

bRY4vAJ.jpg

So I guess we aren't getting the Cole-Omega match before he leaves? :(
Gonna happen in Japan maybe

Does he have a New Japan deal like the Bucks or only a ROH contract? Anyways, I think his ROH deal only finishes up on May 1st or April 30th so there's still plenty of time to do it.

QWX2Juv.png

Ospreay, Dragon Lee, Volador Jr. (?) and? I mean just the other 3 in a match sounds insane but I wanna know who the 4th dude is lol.

Young boy Jay White

Earlier today, Bleeding Cool told you about rumors making their way around the dirt sheets that WWE is negotiating with Sinclair Broadcasting to purchase Ring of Honor Wrestling. The rumors began with a report on Pro Wrestling Sheet and were also discussed in the latest edition of Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter. To date, neither company has confirmed that talks are happening, and there has been no confirmation of the rumors outside the wrestling dirt sheet circle. But on today’s episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer spent about thirty minutes discussing the sale, though much of it was speculation about what WWE might do if a deal happened, which he was careful to note might not occur. However, he did insist that talks have been taking place.

“WWE approached them in August with the idea of perhaps buying the company,” Meltzer reported. “They were looking for the tape library and looking to remove competition.”

Meltzer said that nondisclosure agreements prevented people from talking about the deal, but says that it’s been talked about “internally” in WWE over “the last couple of weeks.” He noted that Ring of Honor turned down “a strong deal” from Flo Sports and that he expects any deal between WWE and Ring of Honor won’t be “cheap,” playing up Sinclair Broadcasting’s position as one of if not the largest owner of syndicated TV stations in the United States. On the other hand, the WWE has “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase signed to a legends deal, and as he’s always said, everybody has a price. Meltzer went on to say that the story from Pro Wrestling Sheet reporter Ryan Satin was “significant enough that it’s a real story,” in that the companies have been talking, but that there’s no guarantee those talks will result in a sale. Meltzer also claimed that “a lot of people in Ring of Honor weren’t aware” and that “a lot of the talent is unhappy” about the rumor.

“They could be bought tomorrow, but they may never be bought,” Meltzer said of the definitively undefinitive nature of the story.

Ring of Honor, however, seriously downplayed the rumors to Bleeding Cool, providing us with the official statement: “Sinclair’s corporate policy is never to comment on speculative rumors and unsubstantiated stories.”

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/23/meltzer-doubles-ring-honor-calls-wwe-buyout-story-speculative-rumors-unsubstantiated/

Adam Cole appeared on Busted Open Radio and talked about his ROH contract and more. Cole confirmed that his contract is up in a month and said that he hasnt yet made a decision as to his next step.

Ive discussed this before and I totally dont mind talking about because its a very talked about thing, Cole said. I have about a month left on my Ring of Honor contract where at that point, I kind of have to make a decision. And the truth of the matter is, I havent made my decision of what I would like to do yet. Because, obviously, there are a lot of options I have to consider. There are a lot of situations I have to consider. So for me to make my best possible decision, I need to know all the avenues that I can take. So as of right now, again this kind of sounds like a cliché answer, I have big match after big match every single weekend. So I have to focus on this next month that I have: challenging for the Ring of Honor Television Championship this weekend, Id like to get back over to New Japan. Right now, all of my focus is on making as much of an impact in Ring of Honor as I can. When it comes to May, thats something thats kind of up in the air at this point.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/adam-cole-reveals-when-his-roh-contract-expires-says-he-hasnt-decided-next-step/