Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Fish isn't re-signing either, he posted that he's taking Indy dates starting March 27th which is when his deal expires according to Meltzer. Also according to Meltzer, Dalton might not sign a deal either because Indy promoters have gotten word that he's gonna start taking dates in a few months.

Post an article on why you're proud to not be WWE and end up losing a bunch of talents to them, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Edited by TheNewF'NShow

I don't worry about ROH.

There's an entire planet full of talented people in all fields. 7.4 billion people...including plenty of undiscovered wrestlers.

Yeah...it sucks to lose established talents, but these companies know how to scout for new talents. That's kinda what they do. Especially ROH (which has been creating some of the best wrestlers for 15 years). Every time a batch of talents goes from one company to another, people always get hot and bothered...and then things always turn out fine. You'd think people would learn to chill with the assumptions and watch things unfold.

Unrelated note to ROH, but an example of awesome talents coming out of nowhere...look at Tyler Bate. 19 *censored*ing years old...works like a ring veteran. If a guy like that can just walk out of the shadows, then ROH can scour the planet for others like him.

Edited by Generations

I think Punisher Martinez is the next big thing

I was low (very low) on him to begin with...but he is quickly impressing me. I've seen him do some shit that a dude his size should simply not be able to do...which is a phrase that gets thrown around pretty often these days, but I'm talking about actual mind-blowing shit. And he's always doing new things and evolving. So, yeah...I agree. I think his attire and overall look is pretty corny, but that can be worked on.

Edited by Generations

I don't worry about ROH.

There's an entire planet full of talented people in all fields. 7.4 billion people...including plenty of undiscovered wrestlers.

Yeah...it sucks to lose established talents, but these companies know how to scout for new talents. That's kinda what they do. Especially ROH (which has been creating some of the best wrestlers for 15 years). Every time a batch of talents goes from one company to another, people always get hot and bothered...and then things always turn out fine. You'd think people would learn to chill with the assumptions and watch things unfold.

Unrelated note to ROH, but an example of awesome talents coming out of nowhere...look at Tyler Bate. 19 *censored*ing years old...works like a ring veteran. If a guy like that can just walk out of the shadows, then ROH can scour the planet for others like him.

I would have agreed during Gabe's era 2002 - 2008, they "created stars" but not now, they "discover" people that promotions like CZW/Beyond/PWX/AAW have been using for a while and then sign them up and don't have a clue how to use them, hence they leave, such is the case with the likes of Dijak, Rush and ACH. ROH cannot be creditted for creating any of these guys - tell me the last truly homegrown indy wrestler that ROH created? Cheeseburger? Rhett Titus?, Will Ferrera?

as for Ricochet I think it's more a case of him not wanting to sign for ROH and stick with LU & NJPW. Its very telling how many and who is leaving ROH and not necessarily becuase its WWE related. Sadly they are just not at the forefront of Indy wrestling anymore or pioneers like they were, it's seems for indy wrestlers it's no longer the "place to be". There's a whole world of Indy wrestling out there creating more stars than ROH, they just profit off "lower" promotions hardwork.

And why I'm earth would Tyler Bate sign for ROH now when he's NXT bound? the only attraction for working with ROH these days is their link up with NJPW

Edited by cuey82

And why I'm earth would Tyler Bate sign for ROH now when he's NXT bound? the only attraction for working with ROH these days is their link up with NJPW

Yo...literally who the *Censored* ever said that?

Can you read?

I can, you were implying young wrestlers can come out of nowhere and be signed by ROH (Tyler Bate being the example you used) I was suggesting why would they? for one they don't come out of nowhere if you follow other "lower" (better) indy promotions and two really what's the attraction of ROH other than the NJPW link up?

Edited by cuey82

I can you were implying young wrestlers can come out of nowhere and be signed by ROH I was suggesting why would they? for one they don't come out of nowhere if you follow other "lower" (better) indy promotions and two really what's the attraction of ROH other than the NJPW link up?

Bates still came out of nowhere.

His age is the key factor here. He may have briefly been on the UK indy scene, but he's 19 years old. For all intents and purposes...that is "coming out of nowhere"...and "why would young talents come out of nowhere to sign with ROH?" Oh...I don't know, because they're a globally recognized brand...

Stop acting like you're the only person with the lowdown on the indy scene, and we're all blissfully unaware of where the young talents come from. ROH still has its place in the modern wrestling topography, regardless of how pretentious you are regarding indy talents.

ROH is the stepping stone between the lower "better" indy promotions, and the mid-tier...on their way to the ultimate destination, which is a company like NJPW or WWE. Without ROH, a very important stepping stone disappears. ROH has always been that stepping stone. ROH always will be that stepping stone. They are important, and they are still enjoyable to watch. You think half of these guys would show up in NJPW without the ROH deal? They wouldn't. ROH's existence is more important than ever when it comes to building a solid future for all wrestlers across the board. Expose is the most important thing, and ROH gets people the exposure they need to go further.

Edited by Generations

I can you were implying young wrestlers can come out of nowhere and be signed by ROH I was suggesting why would they? for one they don't come out of nowhere if you follow other "lower" (better) indy promotions and two really what's the attraction of ROH other than the NJPW link up?

Bates still came out of nowhere.

His age is the key factor here. He may have briefly been on the UK indy scene, but he's 19 years old. For all intents and purposes...that is "coming out of nowhere"...and why would young talents come out of nowhere to sign with ROH? Oh...I don't know, because they're a globally recognized brand...

Bates hasn't come out of nowhere if you follow UK indys at all. known of him for a good 18 months coming up 2 years, same with Pete Dunne.

ROH are recognised but how much of that is through the current product or the past? Evolve and Progresses link up with WWE perhaps for a young wrestler is a much more attractive proposition? it's very telling at the minute, look at the list of good young talent leaving them, who've they signed recently, the Hardy's, Bully Ray? really?

I just don't think ROH has an identity outside of the NJPW link up, Delirious doesn't seem to know what to do with half the roster, and books more old school "ROH names" in prominent positions, maybe it's the network wanting their name value I don't know, but there certainly seems to be a glass ceiling for the young talent ROH "creates".

I'm not pretending to know anything, surely the name leaving ROH implies something though? it's always telling when good people leave a company in numbers in any walk of life. I've worked for companies that have been great for years and then for whatever reason - change in managers, profit, things change, good people leave, the company is no longer the company it was, reputation amongst potential new employees is poor

Edited by cuey82

Bates hasn't come out of nowhere if you follow UK indys at all. known of him for a good 18 months coming up 2 years, same with Pete Dunne.

This is the derpiest shit I've ever read.

18 months? Gtfo. 18 months on the indys, straight to the WWE = coming out of nowhere.

Curt Hawkins (not Curtis) and Zack Ryder were both on the indys for 2 years before being signed to WWE...They wrestled for a promotion called NYWC. But I guess you weren't watching that promotion at the time...(it was probably too good for you).

*And no, I didn't watch that promotion either. I'm being sardonic.

Edited by Generations

fair enough I was not aware they wrestled there (although I am aware of the promotion mainly through Alex Reynolds solo stuff prior to the Beaver Boys) and spellchecker got me with the Curtis

I just don't agree being somewhere for 18 months is coming out of nowhere especially in wrestling

Edited by cuey82

New Ring of Honor lead announcer Ian Riccaboni recently spoke with Philly.coms Vaughn Johnson about his new role; you can read a few excerpts below:

Ian Riccaboni comments on what hes learned from Kevin Kelly about commentary:

Ive talked to Kevin Kelly for hours and one of the things he and I worked on a lot is making sure Im able to paint the picture in the most efficient way possible. Sometimes, I do kind of talk quite a bit. Sometimes, these folks and I dont want to enable them are on the money with some of the things that theyre saying.

I realize that there are only maybe eight or nine national or international level play-by-play guys out there and its just really humbling to be a part of that group. Its something that I dont want to take for granted.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/816601-ian-riccaboni-comments-on-new-ring-of-honor-lead-role-relive-wrestlemanias-best-celebrity-moments-videos

Unrelated note about Cody Rhodes...I properly listened to the lyrics of his theme a few weeks ago...and, damn. I got some serious chills. The lyrics to that song are absolutely perfect. "My father said, when I was younger - hard times breed better men" ... "Now you bow to me. You took my dreams but not my name".

That song is perfect. Makes me emotional, thinking about Dusty and the entire Rhodes family. I actually can't listen to it without beginning to get teared up. No matter how many times I hear it...always has the same effect. RIP Dusty, and may Cody have all the success he deserves.

Edited by Generations

I've never heard of Cody "getting pissy" when people mention his father. I think he's just protective of when and how his father is mentioned...which he is completely justified in being. Also, about WWE claiming they have the right to his name, when the name is basically his by birthright, and Dusty would obviously want the Rhodes name to live on in the ring.

Either way, I certainly wouldn't call him a hypocrite. Dude's father died...and he had a closer bond with him than anyone. Sometimes just knowing that someone would or wouldn't have wanted certain things to be said or done in their absence is enough to make you really angry when those things are said or done anyway.

WWE are the hypocrites, IMO...acting like they care about Dusty's legacy, whilst simultaneously blocking Cody from building the name to the levels it deserves. They really should come to a legal agreement and allow Cody to have the name. Also, when Dusty died, I think was obvious that Cody was like "Hey...I want to portray myself as Cody Rhodes again, out respect for my father"...and WWE was like "Lol, no...you're Stardust"...which was a dick move.

Edited by Generations