Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad Kazarian joining Bullet Club was just a swerve, that was a cool finish.

Could Adam Cole be on his way out though or no?

So now Kaz's upcoming TV Title match with Marty Scrull makes sense.

Also, I think Cole will be gone and he'll be facing off against the Glorious One at the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn in August.

Guest Fight Me.

Could very well happen, guess we shall see. Hope he and Kenny Omega finish off their thing in NJPW though. And hopefully he finally gets that surgery to remove that thing from that punch from Dalton Castle. :lol:

Also, I must say, Colt did really good as color commentator.

Adam Cole appearing down there at Full Sail would help revitalize the brand, especially if he's not the only new addition that will come around by Brooklyn. It could be an interesting summer for NXT. I mean they could replace Nakamura, Itami, The Revival, Sampson (As rumored) and Dillinger with Cole, Donovan Dijak, Mike Bennett (although I do think he's back going to ROH) and Kyle O'Reilly.

Edited by GDAWG

Codys bound to be the new BC West leader soon. Him and Omega have some amazing villainous chemistry. Go so well, can see the club fully rivitalising. Coles gonna get the same treatment as AJ.. Just a matter of when..

that and theres maybe been a shift in fan base for ROH, they attract a more casual fan these days I suspect

oh 100%. In UK, ROH is big! See a lot of shirts. Especially Bullet Club, it's a "trendy" thing. Shoreditch (hipster central in London) BC shirts everywhere!

Wrestling is cool again and Indy wrestling is "cooler". If you ain't down with ROH you're a NeRD to them.

but the funny thing is there to most older indy wrestling fans ROH is now seen as mainstream and uncool, it's a shadow of its former self - PWG took over as the indy place to be, and dare I say places like Evolve, AAW and Beyond is where indy wrestling is at its best along with PWG and Progress and ICW for UK.

and I posted the predictable Kazarian double turn the minute he joined Bullet Club, another thing about ROH these days they rehash the same old storyline

Edited by cuey82

but the funny thing is there to most older indy wrestling fans ROH is now seen as mainstream and uncool, it's a shadow of its former self - PWG took over as the indy place to be, and dare I say places like Evolve, AAW and Beyond is where indy wrestling is at its best along with PWG and Progress and ICW for UK.

and I posted the predictable Kazarian double turn the minute he joined Bullet Club, another thing about ROH these days they rehash the same old storyline

yeah I agree.

And same! Adam Cole is next out the BC and won't be a shock like they probably think it will be. 😑

I forgot to add to my post, that the fanatical 2004 - 2006 ROH fan that I was, where I followed the message board results & bought every DVD religiously is made up for Daniels, always felt he should have got the belt at the height of the prophecy angle or maybe when he came back to take on CM Punk (but I totally got why it was Gibson that dethroned Punk)

he was always the best ROH legend that never won the belt so im very pleased for him

Edited by cuey82

Congrats CD, long overdue.

Also, TK O'Ryan broke his leg with the Moonsault to the outside.

TK O'Ryan suffered a broken leg last night while executing a moonsault to the floor. He is expected to undergo surgery today. I am guessing that means the company will have to address the Six Man Tag Team championships at the tapings as well

http://www.pwinsiderelite.com

Sorry if this is posted already. Trying to avoid 15th Anniversary spoilers.

Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed Impact Wrestling sent cease and desist letters to PPV providers in regards to Broken Matt and Jeff Hardy ahead of ROH‘s event last night … but we’re told the company doesn’t want to permanently stop the brothers from using the characters.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us the call to send legal letters came from the top brass at Anthem and wasn’t a decision that Jeff Jarrett had anything to do with.

We’re told the cease and desists included direct verbiage from the contracts both brothers signed. According to reports that was enough to scare Dish Network, who pulled the show.

Our Impact Wrestling sources say Anthem isn’t trying to recreate the characters without the brothers and they don’t want to force Matt and Jeff to no longer use them either — they want to work out an agreement for the Broken Universe IP. One that gives Anthem a cut of future proceeds.

Nordholm also tweeted saying Jeremy Borash, Dave Lagana and Billy Corgan created the characters, which should give further insight into why he’s standing firm.

Matt’s wife Reby Hardy went public with their feelings on this over the past 24 hours. Some of her tweets include:

• “Can we just talk about how many times Matt’s contract could have been broken due to NUMEROUS issues on TNA end and never made a fuss about shit, but MFers wanna try & come at us NOW, *after the fact* ?! Don’t you have an owl to promote or some sh*t!? Or – I dunno – a company to “make great” ? Instead of acting like the petty little bitches you are????
  • “Ayy @dish. You’re the only cable provider who p*ssied out to TNA’s threat. DO BETTER by wrestling fans who support you & the talent!”
  • “Don’t ever want to hear anyone talk about “burning bridges” when this move, which f*cks ROH & cable providers, leaves the most ashes behind”

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/cease-desist-impact-roh-ppv-broken/#.WMRbbhIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

(SPOILER) BIG CHANGE TO ROH SUPERCARD OF HONOR WRESTLEMANIA WEEKEND IN FLORIDA

The announced Young Bucks vs. Hardy Boys match at the 4/1 ROH Supercard of Honor event Wrestlemania weekend in Lakeland, Florida will now be a Ladder Match. The bout was announced at the ROH TV tapings last night in Las Vegas.

Last night's TV taping also implied, based on the storyline, that Kenny Omega could be appearing at the 4/1 event. PWInsider.com had reported some time ago there were plans for Omega to appear in ROH in 2017 beyond the Honor Rising shows, but had not heard a definitive start date. 4/1 makes sense because of the nature of the show, but we will see.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=108320

Bully Ray spoke with Sports Illustrated for a new interview. You can read some highlights below:

On nearly bringing the Bully Ray character to WWE: We came one day away in August from debuting Bully Ray in WWE. At the last second, the decision was made to not go forward with it. Bully Ray was ready to go, but thats all I can tell you. We were one day away, and they had to pull the plug on it.

On joining ROH: There is a really great reason why I am in Ring of Honor. Its because I want to beFor the past fifteen years, Ring of Honor has been a company that has really reminded me of ECW. Its the passion from their wrestlers and the passion of their wrestling fans. Ring of Honor has the best wrestlers in the world in their company, but what they could use help with is a storyteller, a veteran who has been everywhere and can help those younger guys raise their game and take them to the next level. Thats what Im looking forward to doing with Ring of Honor.

On Impact making a play for him: At the last minute, TNA came in hard and heavy and made me a significant offer. But the way I look at it is this: If I cant go back some place and top what I did before, then its kind of pointless. Im not blowing smoke up my own ass here, Bully Ray was the top heel in TNA. I generated ratingsme and Jeff Hardy drew TNAs biggest house of all time at Lockdown, and I had my run with Hulk and with Sting. If you take a look at the landscape of TNA and their locker room, I dont have anybody to top what I did before.

On his rivalry with the Hardys: Since the time the Dudleys and the Hardys touched at the Royal Rumble at Madison Square Garden in 2000 at the first-ever Tag Team Tables match, we have all remained extremely relevant for wrestling fans for all over the world. So no, beating up the Hardys never gets old.

On his ROH goals: Im hoping to do for Ring of Honor what Terry Funk in 1995 for ECW. By no means am I saying I am as great as Terry Funk, but Funk helped ECW take the next step. Hopefully, Bully Ray can do the same for Ring of Honor.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/bully-ray-says-he-almost-brought-the-character-to-wwe/

– It was previously reported that Lio Rush was returning to EVOLVE, and is working the EVOLVE 81 event over WrestleMania weekend. This of course led to a lot of speculation regarding his status with Ring of Honor. PWinsider now reports that Rush’s ROH deal is up shortly, “and the word making the rounds” is that he has given the company notice that he wasn’t going to sign another exclusive deal with the promotion.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/lio-rush-reportedly-gives-notice-to-roh/