Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

Cody Rhodes recently spoke with Channel Guide Magazine, here are the highlights

On How He Felt as Stardust: I felt like the biggest jabroni ever. I wasnt Stardust. I know people will say, Do what they tell you. Its wrestling. Thats not who I am. Im the one out there in the ring. I know there are bosses and people who oversee it, but Im the one out there doing it. I want to at least do something that feels like me. Stardust didnt feel like me anymore. It was fun because it was a total departure from what I was doing, but it wasnt me anymore. I was in the dressing room and thought it was time. Ten years is a long time to work for anybody. I had the greatest experience there for the most part. I met my wife there. I traveled the globe, but it was time.

On ROH Final Battle Being Bigger Than WrestleMania For Him: This was all a big test. Im now going to places that are just freakin magical like Ring of Honor Final Battle. Final Battle, Im not lying, is bigger than what WrestleMania was to me. Maybe because Im out there in my own skin. Maybe its because I have cultivated my own brand now. Maybe its because the best revenge in the world is success. Maybe I want to prove naysayers and WWE wrong. I found I stopped focusing on the negative, which, especially in this modern day of social media, is hard to do. Im driven by the positive. Almost every single show weve done on the independent run has had a record crowd. To me, the meet-and-greets with the fans has been very rewarding.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/cody-rhodes-roh-final-battle-is-bigger-than-wrestlemania-for-me/

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, The Young Bucks have been offered new Ring of Honor contracts, and they are reportedly multi-year deals.

Sources close to the situation note Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson were recently presented with new contracts to stay with ROH and they’re currently mulling it over.

Last year The Bucks signed ROH deals which allowed them to work for NJPW, PWG and overseas companies that didn’t interfere with ROH.

It’s expected that the Jacksons will make a formal announcement in the near future, but it’s being said they do have other offers on the table right now. Their current deals expire December 31st.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/779585-ring-of-honor-reportedly-offers-top-tag-team-new-multi-year-deal

Steve Corino recently appeared on Bill Apters podcast in which Bill asked him about-about the recent reports that he will joining the WWE Performance Center in January as a coach. He commented:

I can only say the wrestling world over the last few years has just exploded in a misfit of broken rules. We dont know who is working with who and surprises are always happening and stuff like that. Who knows where my next step is going to be?

He went on to say that he is keeping his options opens and see what the wider industry can offer him but for now he is committed to Ring Of Honor until his contract ends of December 31st and then is working the NJPW Wrestle Kingdom show on January 4th as well as the event at Korakuen Hall on January 5th.

You can listen to the podcast below:

http://audioboom.com/posts/5350571-ep-4-feat-steve-corino-killer-kowalksi-lesnar-enters-the-rumble-more

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/44410/Steve-Corino-Comments-On-Report-That-He-Is-Joining/

– The Young Bucks spoke with Busted Open Radio for a new interview and discussed their current contract situation, confirming they have an offer from ROH for a new deal. Some highlights are below:

On their current ROH status: “Our current contract [with Ring of Honor] expires on December 31st. These are our final shows for Ring of Honor for the year… Philadelphia could be, who knows? We don’t know. There’s offers on the table. We’re in a good spot right now. We’re in a really great position where we feel like we have a lot of power. We know that we’re probably the top act here, or at least one of them along with our buddy here [Adam Cole] and the Bullet Club.”

On being in demand: “A lot of people want us, so it’s cool, and we’re happy. We’re happy to be, we’re humble to be in the position we’re in, we have families. First and foremost, we want to get what we feel like we deserve and we want to be able to come home and feed our children at the end of the day. That’s the game plan, just getting what we feel like we deserve.”

http://411mania.com/wrestling/young-bucks-confirm-they-have-a-new-roh-offer/

UPDATE with Final Battle spoilers:

The Young Bucks, Matt & Nick Jackson, have signed a new two-year contract which covers both Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling, to continue on a similar schedule as they did this year.

The deal has a significant increase in money from both companies in both companies for 2017, and another increase in 2018, and will allow them to maintain their own merchandise. They are also going to have more input into creative, as they were the ones who set the wheels in motion for Matt Hardy's video on the show last night.

The Hardys have the contractual ability to do the show, which is scheduled for April 1st in Lakeland, FL, the night before WrestleMania in Orlando, at the Jenkins Arena.

TNA signed off on Matt Hardy's video appearing on the ROH PPV last night at the 11th hour, as well as on Brandi Rhodes being able to appear to introduce her husband.

Contrary to rumors, The Young Bucks will not be on the TNA television show at the Hardys Compound and there is nothing on paper regarding anyone from ROH working for TNA, but the fact TNA was cooperative would theoretically mean a relationship has been opened.

The contracts are exclusive to the U.S. and Japanese market, but it would enable them to do overseas dates that don't coincide with ROH or New Japan bookings. The only exception is they are allowed to continue working PWG dates.

http://www.f4wonline.com/ring-honor/young-bucks-sign-new-two-year-contracts-ring-honor-225866?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Shame that they botched Cody's entrance. Not sure if that was Brandy's fault or the production people...I'm thinking production.

As for the match itself...

I wasn't expecting that heel turn at all. Very cool moment. One of my favorite things this year, tbh. Rhodes never disappoints.

How was the PPV last night? Worth checking out later?

Rhodes/Lethal was cool.

Osprey/Scurll/Dragon Lee was kind of a spotfest at times, but still good.

Bucks/Briscoes was highly entertaining.

Cole/O'Reilly was great.

Everything else was decent.

Definitely worth checking out. As good as some of these matches are, the event is worth watching almost more-so for the story elements and the progression of certain things. I was entertained through the whole thing.

Edited by Generations

First time watching ROH in forever. Pretty good

- Got the Cody heel turn spoiled but watching it was great nonetheless.

- First time seeing Scurll. Overall I'm a fan. Was expecting Ospreay to win but glad he didn't.

- DELETE

- Cole vs O'Reilly was great, thought Cole was gonna retain.

Ring of Honor will return to Philadelphia, PA tonight at 6 PM at the 2300 Arena for a post-Final Battle TV Taping, featuring the first-ever "Decade of Excellence tournament featuring talents who were working for the company ten years ago. The winner will challenge ROH champion Kyle O'Reilly at the 3/10 ROH 15th Anniversary PPV. The first round will feature:

*Mark Briscoe vs. Christopher Daniels.

*Colt Cabana vs. Alex Shelley.

*Jay Lethal vs. Jushin Liger.

*BJ Whitmer vs. Jay Briscoe.

In non-tournament matches:

*Mandy Leone vs. Taeler Hendrix - No DQ.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=106351

Just watched Final Battle. That Triple Threat was freakin incredible!! Also a great story told by Cole and O'Reilly. Really pleased with the match.

PWInsider reports that the contracts of War Machine, Jay Lethal, BJ Whitmer, Steve Corino, Bobby Cruise, Kyle OReilly and Bobby Fish will expire soon.

Jay Lethal is expected to re-sign with the company. Steve Corino has already departed ROH and is heading to the WWE Performance Center as a coach. His deal has not expired with ROH yet, so if for some reason his WWE job doesnt work out he could still re-sign.

The Young Bucks helped bring the Matt Hardy video to ROH, which aired during Final Battle. The two teams have been wanting to work together for some time now to create something special. Its hoped that they will feud in Lakeland, Florida over Wrestlemania 33 weekend.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/roh-news-contracts-expiring-soon-jay-lethal-expected-to-re-sign-young-bucks-vs-hardys-possible-for-wrestlemania-weekend/

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Silas Young just signed a new 1-year contract with Ring of Honor.

Young tells us the deal has now been finalized and it allows him to continue taking bookings with companies outside of the United States, as long as it doesnt interfere with ROH.

The Last Real Man adds, It will be weird to not be wrestling every weekend, but after almost 15 years it will be nice to spend some weekends with my family and let the body rest some.

Silas announced in July that his previous deal had expired and it was reported that the two sides were in talks. No word on what took so long for the two to hammer things out.

The wrestler says he will be fulfilling bookings that were made prior to his signing.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/silas-young-signs-contract-roh/#.WErS07T9ehC