BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naito is so awesome

Tama Tonga should wrestle in Germany, because his speed is over the limit

Goddammit. I hate ROH commentary

I liked the ending. Any ROH show that ends with Kevin Kelly and Corino getting Superkicked is a plus in my book.

and lmao at the image of The Young Bucks kissing Adam Cole, with Roa doing random handgestures in the background

– Christopher Daniels spoke with Wrestling Inc for a new interview. Some highlights are below:

On TNA’s Feast or Fired concept: “There were discussions to put my face on the ‘fired’ briefcase instead of the word ‘fired.’ Using it to end somebody’s contract I thought was distasteful. If you’re going to use it as an annual thing, you sort of limit the amount of times you can use it to introduce a new character like they did with me. It certainly painted you into a corner. I felt that unless it was a heel who had run his course.. the concept of firing a babyface as far as the fan reaction, what good is that? I certainly didn’t enjoy it. I got the idea of trying to think outside the box and lend some real life stakes to this. At the same time, there was only a certain number of scenarios that could play out before it got uncomfortable and not entertaining, and that’s not the point.”

On when he knew he was getting the second Feast or Fired briefcase: “The first time I’d pitched Curry Man to them, they responded with Feast or Fired, so I knew that going in. The second time I didn’t know I was going to get the pink slip until I wrestled the match. I didn’t know what was going to happen to me. There was a discussion about that being the end of my TNA contract as well. Circumstances changed as far as me staying there and working as Suicide for a bit and then continuing as myself. A lot of times they don’t really tell people that’s the plan. They didn’t tell Chavo. I heard Shawn talk about how at the very last minute ‘this is it.’ That’s low-class in my opinion. He was trying to make a story out of it if I recall, to get Cody to stick around. It’s sort of entertaining if you’re going to fire a hated heel. Then there’s a consequence that fans can be entertained by. I commend Shawn for volunteering to be that guy, but then for them to fire Cody at the end, it was a poorly handled situation.”‘

On if he ever thought TNA was going off the rails: “Not until I left, honestly. Even when things were going bad and looking back at the last two years of my career, I held out hope that they’d give us a chance to get back to the top of the mountain. Not just as being champions, which at that time made sense, because we were really the only tag team that were established until the Wolves came around. Just being a cog in the machine that was paying attention to you. I was holding out hope for that and in the end I realized they had no plans for that at all. If they wouldn’t have strung us along for that last 6-8 months…I was disappointed. Dixie hit me in the face. They make their decisions at the end of it all is just say that I went out with my head held up even through everything. They pulled me aside the day before I went and wrestled and said they weren’t going to renew my contract, then I had to go out and wrestle a ladder match with the Wolves, and I went and did it.”

On the reports of Sinclair being interested in buying TNA: “I dunno man. If TNA is faltering and need something like that, my first thought goes out to the talents. I don’t want to see any of those people lose a job or an opportunity to put food on the table. I don’t know if that’s the right thing for Sinclair, but I don’t know what their endgame is. I’m not sure what their mentality is. They may be looking to gain content for a new channel. If that’s the case, then great. Sinclair’s got a good sense of what they want to do in pro wrestling. Their management of ROH in recent years has been top notch. The steps we’ve been taking, whether big or small, have been steps forward. If they want to add TNA to the ROH brand, whether it’s consolidating everything under the ROH banner, or keeping TNA as it’s own separate entity, I don’t know. I guess there’s a lot of avenues they could explore to get the most out of it.”

On if he agrees with Austin Aries that TNA needs to drop Dixie Carter: “I certainly think if her mentality is keeping control of the company is keeping it from going forward in a business sense, people need to take a step back and look at that and see what everything is holding people up. If TNA is in such a position that they need to sell now and need a rapid influx of capital, and the thing is holding it up is them being insistent on maintaining control, that speaks for itself.”

On people who compare NXT to ROH: “I think for them to compare NXT to ROH is sort of a compliment to ROH. It points to that change in perception. ROH has never been that company that was based around being a big guy, it was based around talent. If you were a smaller guy, bigger guy, you went out and got yourself over. I don’t know if ROH specifically tempered the construction of NXT or it’s direction in the past couple of years, but you can certainly see the parallels with the way guys are booked, and the way guys are presented in NXT in terms of matches at least. The styles presented are very similar.”

On Chyna’s passing: “I would do dark matches and syndicated matches (with WWF) and had the opportunity to talk with her in the locker room a couple of times. She was a polite lady, very respectful to me. You can’t deny the impact that her career had on wrestling as a whole. She broke down some barriers and I think some of the ladies today owe a debt of gratitude towards her. She blazed a new trail for women in the WWE. I think the outpouring of respect from the ladies in the WWE and who wrestle anywhere, it speaks volumes for their respect for Chyna.”

http://411mania.com/wrestling/christopher-daniels-thinks-feast-or-fired-was-disrespectful/

I believe his brother used to be Camacho.

Title change tonight in Dearborn:

The Addiction just defeated War Machine to win the ROH Tag Team championship in Dearborn, Michigan.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=101892

Photo: https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/729856904307064832

Edited by classiq.

I like it. I think the goal is to finally turn Bullet Club heel.

I know they're already the bad guys in NJPW, but outside of Japan it's never been that way. In ROH they're the most popular characters by far and they actually encourage the audience to cheer them on. But I think that's going to change soon. Lately, I've seen more and more negativity about BC from fans online. A lot of people seem to feel that the group's current lineup lacks the star power that previous incarnations did. Some people just feel like the whole idea is a little played out and want to see something new. There's good reasons people are losing interest. But I think it's very interesting that they suddenly added Adam Page to ROH's chapter of BC, because that seems like something they should have known wouldn't go over well. Very few people have anything good to say about Page joining BC, and you'd think they would have seen that coming. They've given Adam Page so many big feuds in hopes of making him a main event star but all have been to no avail. They keep trying but it just isn't clicking with this guy. So your first thought might be that they still haven't learned their lesson and they're obviously sticking him with the mega popular stable to finally get him over, right? That's possible, but I don't think so. I think he's there to help get them over. As heels. I'm not saying that Adam Page alone is going to turn them heel over night because he's so hated by the fans. I understand that the problem with Adam Page is more that fans don't have strong feelings about him one way or the other. I'm just saying that I think ROH listens to the fans, and adding Adam Page to BC is the first step towards making ROH's BC more like it's Japanese counterpart. They want you to feel like they jumped the shark and they want you to roll your eyes at how lame Adam Page looks standing next to the Young Bucks and Adam Cole BAY BAY. Expect more and more disappointing things from BC. This is just the beginning.

The way the BC has evolved over the years is awesome, and them becoming hated by the fans is the next logical progression of their story. They started as a kind of generic, heel gaijin faction. After a while, they need a little more oomph, so they looked to the heroes from their childhood for inspiration. They always wanted to be like DX and the nWo, so they started emulating The Kliq. They made a cool logo and started acting like a bunch of wild 90's wrestlers. The only problem was, they were actually nothing like The Kliq. Devitt was a somewhat shy, vanilla midget from Ireland. Anderson was the best choice for the leader because he was bigger and louder, but he was still an insecure coward with only an ounce of the talent of the guys he looked up to (kayfabe, of course). The group's personnel changed, but the concept stayed the same when they added The Young Bucks and AJ Styles. Young Bucks are clean cut, boyish looking guys that haven't partied as hard in their entire lives as Kevin Nash did in five minutes. AJ Styles is literally a devout Christian who plays Pokemon games. These guys could talk the talk but none of them could walk the walk. But despite them being a bunch of posers and wannabes, a funny thing happened. They just became more and more popular over time. They became exactly what the writers intended to make them a parody of. Now they really are the new nWo in the sense that they're the hottest act in the business. This is nothing new. They've completely dominated the wrestling world for a few years now. They're still in Japan, they're in ROH, and they're even in WWE. But what usually happens when counterculture crosses over into the mainstream? Suddenly, it's not cool anymore. Once every kid on the block has 50+ different Bullet Club shirts, they're going to start thinking about moving onto the next thing. This is the part of the story where BC becomes pathetic and desperate. They're going to beat a dead horse and eventually add every jobber imaginable to the faction in hopes of restoring it to its former glory. Sound familiar?

Edited by Crowley

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, I really got rewatch it. Was like watching a slideshow when I was watching live, maybe I should've waited a day or two.

Ring of Honor Television Champion Bobby Fish missed tonight’s ROH event in Toronto due to a work visa issue. Fish posted the following on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/theBobbyFish/status/730499234215145473

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/708023-reason-for-bobby-fish-missing-tonights-roh-event-interesting-charles-robinson-note-finn-balor-returns-more-from-this-weeks-nxt-highlights-video

Guest Fight Me.

Should've rode with Truth Martini, his story getting through border patrol is stuff of legends. :P

Edited by Fight Me.

Should've rode with Truth Martini, his story getting through border patrol is stuff of legends. :P

If anyone does not know what Fight Me is talking about, please spend the next hour and ten minutes indulging in this truly (pun intended) riveting story.

https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana/aow-262-truth-martini-the-border

Main Event set for ROHs Best in the World PPV

Ring of Honor is going with the same main event at this years Best in the World PPV event as last year.

This time, Jay Lethal will be defending the ROH World Title against Jay Briscoe. Last year, Lethal won the ROH Title from Briscoe to begin his current title reign.

ROH will be marketing their next PPV main event as Lethal trying to go one full year as ROH World champion at Best in the World on Friday, June 24 in North Carolina.

The announcement was made at Wednesday nights War of the Worlds tour stop in Toronto.

https://twitter.com/THEJoelPearl/status/730535280143437824

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/05/11/main-event-rohs-best-world-ppv/

Edited by classiq.

Main Event set for ROHs Best in the World PPV

Ring of Honor is going with the same main event at this years Best in the World PPV event as last year.

This time, Jay Lethal will be defending the ROH World Title against Jay Briscoe. Last year, Lethal won the ROH Title from Briscoe to begin his current title reign.

ROH will be marketing their next PPV main event as Lethal trying to go one full year as ROH World champion at Best in the World on Friday, June 24 in North Carolina.

The announcement was made at Wednesday nights War of the Worlds tour stop in Toronto.

https://twitter.com/THEJoelPearl/status/730535280143437824

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/05/11/main-event-rohs-best-world-ppv/

Glad I bought tickets for this. Gonna be fun.

Update on The ROH/NJPW Relationship

Spoilers from Global Wars/War of the Worlds tour.

ROH is having a huge week with the traditional ROH/NJPW tour selling well. The War of the World PPV did a sellout of 1,500 fans, the Dearborn, MI show the next night did 1,000 fans, the Toronto tapings did 1,700 fans and Saturdays show in New York sold out with 1,100 fans. Merchandise sales in the new markets are said to also be up.

Internally there have been several questions regarding ROH relying on NJPW too much. The relationship with NJPW has helped raise the profile of ROH, with general attendance rising ever since the two sides started working together. But now there is a feeling that with the NJPW talents in so often, that the appearances are feeling not as special.

There is also concern that ROH booking is being controlled too much by New Japan. There is give and take, but New Japan owns and controls Bullet Club, which are now positioned as the top act in ROH. New Japans booking philosophy relies on the importance of wins and losses. Where the top guys only lose when its necessary for storytelling. This means that a lot of top guys will not be losing in ROH when they are brought in for these ROH shows.

It was New Japans decision to have Adam Cole and Adam Page join The Bullet Club. Gedo pushed for Adam Page to be added to Bullet Club, and is said to be very high on him. The Young Bucks pushed for Adam Cole to be added to the unit. Cole is under an ROH contract through April of 2017. Both will start working Japan regularly as part of Bullet Club this summer.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/update-on-the-rohnjpw-relationship-roh-relying-too-much-on-njpw/

That's so awesome! You're gonna have a great time! Here is the list of other talent signed to appear: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-stars-signed-appear-bitw-16?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dang kinda upset to see Adam Cole not on the list. Maybe he can find a way to be there anyway :P

ROH star Nick Jackson injured his rib Wednesday night during a match in Toronto … and sources tell us he’s already made plans to get an official evaluation this weekend from doctors.

The injury was first reported by F4wOnline and we’re told it happened while Nick was being powerbombed to the outside onto Kenny Omega during a 6-man tag match with his brother Matt Jackson against Michael Elgin, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Yoshi Tatsu.

No official diagnosis at this point, but sources close to the wrestler tell us Nick is almost positive he broke a rib — which means he could be out for up to 8 weeks.

We’re told Jackson has already booked a doctors appointment for once he returns home on Sunday … and for now, he’s just spending time in NYC with his parents.

https://twitter.com/silveranovsky/status/730978500765749248

https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/status/730980436491571200

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/nick-jackson-injured-broken-rib-feared/?platform=hootsuite

That's so awesome! You're gonna have a great time! Here is the list of other talent signed to appear: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-stars-signed-appear-bitw-16?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dang kinda upset to see Adam Cole not on the list. Maybe he can find a way to be there anyway :P

He may be in Japan?

Edited by classiq.