Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

“If we get raided or other promotions get raided,” he continues, “It’s a compliment to the organizations from where they come.

I love reading a statement like that. That's basically how I've always viewed things when people start freaking out about WWE "taking all the best talent". Indy feds will always thrive. They'll do it because they must. And the talent that goes to WWE brings exposure to the fed that they came from...it's a win/win.

I'm sure ROH is so flattered by the big compliment WWE gave them when they told smaller arenas not to book their shows.

Seriously though, I agree. If your guys are getting poached, it is a compliment. A bit of a backhanded compliment, but still. They're acknowledging that you're doing something right. And when they sign indie guys, it's not the end of the world for those companies. For groups like PWG and Lucha Underground, it barely matters at all. They have strong pipelines for new talent and the show itself is more of a draw than the talent featured. Look at how well LU dealt with Alberto going back to WWE. Despite the fact that he was one of their bigger names and their show is so storyline oriented, you barely notice he's gone. Not only that, but they have an awesome kayfabe explanation for him being gone that they managed to convey in a half a second shot that a lot of people find more entertaining than everything he's done since returning to WWE. So I agree. It's a compliment and it doesn't hurt them, at least not that much.

Having that been said, I think what a lot of WWE fans have a hard time grasping (this isn't aimed at you) is that some wrestling fans watch very little WWE, or don't watch it at all. I watched WrestleMania this year with some friends. I had a blast. I thought it was a good show, but I'm done now. I might catch Summerslam or a random TakeOver special if something piques my interest, but that's it. I don't watch Raw or NXT or anything, so why would I want my favorite wrestlers to work for a company that I don't watch? There are a lot of reasons why fans wouldn't want to see wrestlers get signed. The fact that it can be damaging (even if it's just a little damaging) to the companies they worked for is just one of them.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an interview with Channel Guide Magazine, Chris Sabin revealed that he has never had any talks with WWE in his career. Here are highlights:

On if he’s had any talks with WWE: “I’ve never heard anything officially from WWE ever since I started wrestling. Honestly, I have never had a tryout with them or an official phone call. Though, while we are freelance and don’t have a contract with any company, right now we are only really working exclusively with Ring of Honor.”

On Sabin and Alex Shelley’s ROH contracts: “We have a handshake deal and both of us want to be there. Not only did we agree to be there, but both of us want to be there. We think that the Ring of Honor tag team division is the deepest in wrestling. We have the best tag teams. So we want to be where the best are, so we can prove ourselves. It doesn’t matter how long we haven’t been a team. We have this uniqueness and synergy and this tag-team style we helped make popular that is still fresh and new.”

http://411mania.com/wrestling/chris-sabin-says-wwe-hasnt-contacted-him/

Ring of Honor will return to PPV this Sunday 5/8 with Global Wars from Chicago Ridge, IL at the Frontier Fieldhouse featuring:

*ROH champion Jay Lethal (with Taeler Hendrix) vs. Colt Cabana.

*IWGP champion Tetsuya Naito vs. Kyle O'Reilly.

*ROH TV champion Tomohiro Ishii vs. Bobby Fish.

*ROH Tag Team champions War Machine vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe.

*The Young Bucks & The Guerrillas of Destiny vs. KUSHIDA & The Motor City Machineguns & Matt Sydal.

*Roderick Strong vs. ACH vs. Adam Page vs. Dalton Castle to determine top contender for ROH TV championship.

*Michael Elgin & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Moose & Kazuchika Okada,

*Jushin Liger & Cheeseburger vs. The Addiction.

The event is sold out. The show will broadcast live on PPV and via the Fite App.

For more details, visit www.rohwrestling.com.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=101713

Ring of Honor COO Joe Koff appeared on the Shotgun Radio Show to talk Ring of Honor, TNA and Sinclair Broadcasting. You can check out highlights below.

If ROH could have their own network:

"You need a lot of content to have a full network, I don't think we're there yet. We have a membership on our website that you can pay for that gives you other advantages that the free user doesn't get. One of our goals coming up is to create a better viewing platform for viewing content and making deals differently and maybe streaming our house shows live for our over the top members."

ROH airing on multiple networks:

"We have a national platform with an additional 50 million homes on Comet TV. We were thrilled to be on Destination America, it was fantastic for me knowing our audience could find us at the same time every Wednesday night. We're consistently looking for new partners and new opportunities."

If Sinclair Broadcasting is interested in buying TNA:

"You know, rumors are rumors and that's exactly what they are. We're in business, our business happens to be wrestling. We're a company that is brought deals all the time, we have the resources to purchase, grow, and consolidate, I think there's a natural assumption that Sinclair is going to buy every wrestling company that comes down the pike When it happens and it's true well know it's true. I read a lot of stuff and I couldn't believe it. I don't comment on that stuff because it doesn't matter. I don't know where all this stuff comes from."

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/42362/ROH-COO-Joe-Koff-Talks-Possibility-Of-ROH-Network/

Matt Sydal is said to be very close to signing with New Japan Pro Wrestling, if he hasn't already. Sydal vs. Kazuchika Okada is set for the Wednesday 5/11 ROH TV Taping in Toronto.

Also set for the Toronto is IWGP champion Tetsuya Naito vs. Moose and IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion KUSHIDA vs. Kyle O'Reilly in a rematch from the Best of Super Juniors 2015 finals. There are limited tickets left for Toronto at www.ROHWrestling.com.

Ring of Honor announced today that the 5/14 ROH NYC will be headlined by Roderick Strong & Jay Lethal & Jay Briscoe vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii in what is being billed as ROH All-Stars vs. New Japan All Stars. IWGP champion Tetsuya Naito vs. ACH has also been announced for NYC. The show is sold out.

New Japan's Jay White is expected to debut for ROH soon.

The promotion is getting closer to adding a new championship.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=101798

Is anyone gonna try and go to ASE 8 in Lowell MA? Theyre doing the ppv and tv tapings in the same arena that NXT was just at which is awesome. Definitely gonna try and buy tickets tomorrow.

It'll be worth going for whoever can. No doubt they will try to top NXT.

Last ROH show I went to was I think Final Battle in like '08. It was the one which had Claudio Castagnoli Vs. Nigel McGuinness for the ROH Championship. I'm starting to miss the environment.

Edited by Paulie Walnuts

Global Wars tonight. Really stoked for Naito vs. O'Reilly. Kyle is one of my favourite wrestlers right now and Naito is arguably the best heel in the industry.

Edited by classiq.

So I remembered tickets went on sale Friday so i bought mine for the Sept. 30th show which is the ppv show. Much to my surprise I got a floor seat in between the stage and the ring. Its gonna be awesome i can not wait. Really excited to get to see the NJPW guys.

Bobby Fish defeats Ishii by stoppage...didn't see that coming.

Loool, Bucks hit no Superkicks and the Superkick counter stayed at 0.

HOLY SHIT, Adam Cole the new Bullet Club member!

They superkicked their own dad, fam...this shit is great

Edited by TheNewF'NShow

https://mobile.twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/729409438105358337

Also, anybody read the reports of some talents wanting to leave ROH? I think three of the names were Roderick, Moose and Cole. Think Roderick isn't happy with his booking.

WWE would be interested in Adam Cole. Doubt they'd be interested in Roddy. As for Moose......don't they already have Apollo Crews?

The ending to the show is getting so much hate, even double chin Gabe from Evolve somewhat threw a shot.

Makes me wonder where Omega stands now, will there be conflict? Is Omega leaving? Or is everything just gonna be normal?

Edited by TheNewF'NShow

I tried to avoid spoilers. Did not succeed. Luckily the only thing that was spoiled was the new Bullet Club member and that's all.

Still can't wait to watch it though. Really excited!

Edited by classiq.