Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

WWE interested in ROH talent (CONTAINS ROH SPOILERS!!):

– PWInsider reports that WWE is interested in ROH Top Prospect Tournament winner Lio Rush. Both WWE and Lucha Underground have shown interest in Rush after he won the tournament.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-news-company-interested-in-lio-rush-sting-making-btw-appearance/

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fight Me.

Really? I've seen a lot of praise for Lio Rush lately. And that match is kind of a smart thing to do, capitalize on all the attention and interest he's been getting from LU and WWE lately.

Edited by Fight Me.

Really? I've seen a lot of praise for Lio Rush lately. And that match is kind of a smart thing to do, capitalize on all the attention and interest he's been getting from LU and WWE lately.

Well this happens all the time one wrestlers gets buzz and he starts getting booked everywhere.

Ugh I just can't get into Lio, they'll be giving Cheeseburger title shots next, whatever happened to ROH :(

He won the Top Prospects Tournament which means that he also earns an ROH TV title shot but I guess they had booking issues with Ishii so they gave him a World title shot instead. He is owed a title shot for winning the tourney though.

Ring of Honor tag team The Young Bucks recently spoke with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated’s Extra Mustard, and below are some interview highlights:

On the origin of “the Elite”:

“We came up with ‘The Elite’ name years ago on a bus as a joke,” said Nick. “We’d ask each other, ‘Who do you think are the most elite wrestlers in the world?’ Then we’d make a list, but every list was just us and our friends. We thought it was hilarious, and we decided, ‘What if we just called ourselves that?’”

On not needing WWE to be successful:

“You don’t need to make it with WWE to be a successful wrestler,” explained Nick. “We’re trying to change that perception and prove otherwise. The last few years, we’ve done better financially than a lot of guys in the WWE. No one knows that, but it’s possible to make a living without them. It takes a lot of hustle, but it’s possible.”

On their last tryout with WWE and rumors of backstage incidents with Booker T:

“Our last tryout with WWE was in 2011,” said Matt. “We did a practice match in front of the agents.”

“But we never got that,” said Matt. “And there is some truth to what happened beforehand. It was a busy day, and we didn’t get to shake Booker T’s hand.”

The whole handshake thing blew up, but it was a big misunderstanding,” said Nick. There was heavy traffic, so we were running late by the time we got there. William Regal was in charge of the tryouts, and said, ‘You’ve got to get into the ring right now,’ so we couldn’t say hi to anyone because we went right to the ring.”

“We had another mix up with Booker,” recalled Matt. “Nick was leaning against Booker’s coat, and Booker said, ‘Hey, you’re on my coat.’ He started yelling, grabbed his coat, and walked away. Booker started talking about it online, and it blew up.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/689315-the-young-bucks-talk-not-needing-wwe-to-be-successful-address-rumor-of-problems-with-booker-t-at-wwe-tryout-the-origin-of-elite

Christopher Daniels vs. Bobby Fish has been added to the sold out 4/1 Ring of Honor Supercard of Honor in Dallas, Texas at The Hyatt Regency. Previously announced for the events:

Friday 4/1:

*ROH champion Jay Lethal with Taeler Hendrix vs. Lio Rush.

*The Young Bucks vs. The Motor City Machineguns.

*ACH vs. Adam Cole.

*Roderick Strong vs. Moose.

*Matt Sydal vs. Kyle O'Reilly.

*ROH Tag Team champs War Machine & The Briscoes vs. All Night Express & Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser.

*Kazarian vs. Donovan Dijak vs. Cheeburger vs. Adam Page vs. BJ Whitmer vs. Dalton Castle.

Saturday 4/2:

*Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly - No Holds Barred.

*Bobby Fish vs. Roderick Strong - Best of Three Falls.

*The Addiction vs The Briscoes vs The Motor City Machine Guns vs The Young Bucks to determine number one contenders to ROH Tag Team championship.

*All Night Express vs. ACH & Matt Sydal.

The Supercard of Honor events are sold out.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=100829

Found a channel on TV that I get that actually runs ROH Wrestling TV episodes at like 1AM on Saturdays before they hit ROH's website. Set up a series recording and watched this week's episode. Really stoked my brother and I found this because we would've missed this episode.

- Ring Of Honor announcer Kevin Kelly has teased that there's a big announcement coming on Thursday. Kelly also does the English-language announcing for the NJPW PPV broadcasts.

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/714457851259789312

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0330/609150/kevin-kelly-teases-big-announcement/