Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know when the Roddy/Masada match is supposed to air? Not a big ROH fan but I really enjoy Masada. Recently found out I get ROH on TV here and I've been recording it, but haven't watched a whole lot of it.

Looks like it already aired on January 30th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Skb_pvOSuc

That's too bad, I'm also a Masada fan and forgot all about this match.

A good portion of the Ring of Honor crew are already in Las Vegas for this week's PPV and TV Taping.

Morale following the Japan shows were really high.

Cheeseburger's t-shirt was the first to sell out in Japan.

The updated lineup fpr the ROH Anniversary PPV this Friday 2/26 features:

*ROH champion Jay Lethal vs. Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole.
*ROH Tag Team champions War Machine vs. The All Night Express: No DQ.
*New Japan Pro Wrestling NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team champions The Young Bucks & Kenny Omega vs. IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion KUSHIDA & ACH & Matt Sydal.
*ROH TV champion Tomohiro Ishii vs. Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Fish.
*The Briscoes vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin.
*The Young Bucks & Kenny Omega vs. ACH & KUSHIDA & Matt Sydal.
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Moose.
*Alex Shelley vs. Christopher Daniels.
*BJ Whitmer vs. Adam Page.
*Dalton Castle vs. Hirooki Goto.

The updated lineup for the 2/27 ROH TV Taping in Las Vegas features:

*IWGP Intercontinental champion Kenny Omega vs. ACH.
*Adam Cole vs. KUSHIDA.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/100075/updated-lineups-for-roh-ppv-friday-tv-taping-this-weekend-and-more-roh-news.html?p=1

I don't get the appeal with Cheeseburger.

I don't either. Feels exactly like the Blue Pants in NXT thing. I'm not cheering the guy because it's "the cool thing to do" and he's a tremendous underdog. *Censored* that. Dude sucks to me.

Also, I wish Okada was facing someone else. I'm not thrilled with that matchup.

The new production was great btw guys, especially during entrances.

- Ring of Honor announced several big matches for their post-PPV TV tapings for this weekend in Las Vegas. You can check out the announced matches below.

Fight Without Honor
Dalton Castle vs. Silas Young

Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & Hiroshi Tanahashi

Kenny Omega vs. ACH

reDRagon vs. Okada & Gedo

RPG Vice vs. Tag Team Champions (War Machine or ANX)

Jay Lethal vs. Hirooki Goto

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0225/608027/roh-announces-loaded-tv-taping-card/

With Fish thrown into the TV Title match, I'm guessing he's eating the pin. I think Roddy will get it back.

Fish was always in the match but Strong dropped the belt to Ishii last week in Japan so they threw Ishii into the match. But originally it was Strong defending against Fish.

ANX vs War Machine was so bad, but commentary tried to sell it like it was a war. Crowd totally didn't care and no sold that Kenny King was the first person to ever kick out of War Machine's finisher.

The 6 Man tag match was dope as *Censored* though, but thats expected from a match with The Elite in it.

People still like Kenny King? I liked him when I originally got into ROH, as well as the original ANX. But he's gotten so stale to me. Same as Rhett Titus, I really thought he was the future of ROH and he'd be world or TV champion right now. But he seems to have stagnated and hasn't progressed the way I would have liked him to.

Honestly, I think ANX sucks right now but I am happy for Rhett since he got out of that stupid Romantic Touch thing. I really don't like Kenny King because he kind of did Rhett dirty when he just walked out on the company for TNA. Crazy to say that I actually agree with Cornette a little when it comes to KK.

Just finished watching the PPV. Overall the show was pretty sloppy to me and didn't flow that well. Was hoping O'Reilly could take the gold but that finish was good. The 6 man tag was the only other great match besides the main event. Everything else was just extremely "meh" to me.

And wtf are they doing with the ROH TV title? Is Ishii even signed to ROH? I love the guy, but this makes no sense to me.

Also, Kenny Omega has surpassed Kyle O'Reilly as my favorite wrestler.