Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

Just got back from the ROH house show with EJ. I hope they actually air it because they did a lot of matches, and it was fun as *Censored*. I ended buying $50 worth of merch lol. We made it too late to get the autograph session but oh well. They also were charging $20 bucks for a picture with all of Bullet Club at the end of the match and night, but we didn't have cash so we just too sweeted them. Unfortunately, AJ wasn't hanging out with the rest of the BC so I couldn't even interact with him.

Overall, great night, and with the smarks around you, it's almost more fun than a WWE show. I'll definitely get tickets for whenever they're in town again.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fight Me.

Haven't watched ROH, recently. Why is Steve Corino wearing a mask, now?

Me neither, but I believe last I saw, he had to leave because he hit BJ Whitmer. So this is probably his loophole to come back.

Hope O'Reilly takes the title in the 3 way. Dude deserves it. He didn't get as long of a reign as PWG champ as he deserved, but that was mostly due to the exclusive contract with ROH keeping him away. Shame. I think he could have been a great champion

The New York Post is reporting that Sinclair Broadcasting, which is the parent company of Ring Of Honor, is purchasing The Tennis Channel.

You can read their story by clicking here.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99330/ring-of-honors-parent-company-makes-huge-purchase.html?p=1

As Dave Scherer wrote last night, Sinclair Broadcasting has finally closed on it's deal to acquire The Tennis Network. This has been a story we've been following for months here on PWInsider.com, because it has a massive ripple effect for Ring of Honor and all of them positive.

The belief is that the Tennis Channel will eventually rebranded as The American Sports Network (ASN), the sports end of Sinclair that was launched in the summer of 2014. ASN has been picking up the rights fees to a number of different NCAA Division 1 college sports conferences and has been syndicating them to different markets that are under the Sinclair banner. Since Sinclair was at the point where they couldn't legally purchase more independent broadcast stations, the logical step was to find a cable network and by purchasing The Tennis Network, they can now add The Tennis Network programming to what they have built for ASN. Since Sinclair owns ROH, it's not a huge leap to assume that ROH material would also be under the ASN umbrella down the line.

Where and why this is important to Ring of Honor is this: For the first time since Turner Broadcasting sold WCW off in March 2001, a wrestling promotion can now be broadcast on a cable network that the promotion's owner itself 100% owns and controls. While Ring of Honor has had a good amount of clearances across the United States, if and when they debut, this will give them something they haven't had since their short run on Destination America - a cable home that across the board nationally, gives ROH fans one prime destination to watch the series. It also gives ROH audiences in major markets that don't carry Sinclair affiliates a place to watch ROH, potentially becoming invested and interested in ordering ROH PPVs, merchandise, etc.

It also creates a lot more possibility for Ring of Honor as a franchise for Sinclair. ROH COO Joe Koff has long discussed the possibility of ROH doing live specials for Sinclair Broadcasting, but given the amount of different affiliates and markets involved, it would be quite the undertaking. With Sinclair's purchase of the Tennis Network, now ROH could do "Clash of Champions" style specials there should ROH and Sinclair wish to go in that direction. Should ROH want to expand the series to two hours, it would be far easier to do so on a national cable network outlet vs. a number of syndicated markets where each station would now have to rearrange their own regionalized programming. If Sinclair decides to dig into the ROH archives and play older material, they can produce that for the cable network.

We've noted and written a number of times in the past that Ring of Honor was in a far better position when compared to most independent promotions, because they were getting paid to produce TV content for their owner. Now, ROH could be tapped to do the same for that same owner, only for a national cable audience - and on a channel that is cleared pretty much across the board on cable TV as the channel is carried on Time Warner, Comcast, Verizon Fios, AT&T UVerse, Cox Cable, The Dish Network and DirecTV.

None of these changes will happen overnight, but in time, the ripple effects of yesterday's purchase will cascade onto Ring of Honor...and it's going to leave ROH in a much better place.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99339/why-the-sinclair-broadcasting-purchase-of-the-tennis-channel-will-be-huge-for-ring-of-honor-more.html?p=1

– Ring of Honor announced today, via press release, that ROH Champion Jay Lethal and reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly) have re-signed with the company. Terms of the deals were not revealed. Lethal had the following to say about the news…

“As the Ring of Honor World Champion, there is no place I would rather be. The Best Professional Wrestling on the Planet isn’t a clever marketing moniker – I have re-signed with ROH to prove that I am the best professional wrestler in the world as I defend the Ring of Honor World Championship across the globe.”

Bobby Fish also added the following…

“When you talk about tag team wrestling, War Machine, the Young Bucks, Briscoes, All Night Express, all of the top teams in the world are in or are coming to Ring of Honor.”

Finally, Kyle O’Reilly stated their intentions in ROH…

“We have our sights set on it all in 2016 – singles and tag team gold. 2016 will be the Year of the Dragon in ROH.”

http://411mania.com/wrestling/jay-lethal-and-redragon-re-sign-with-roh/

They can work PWG, I'm sure ROH released a statement not too long ago saying they are letting their talents work there.

Also, YIKES at Bobby Fish not name dropping The Addiction. Dudes fell off HARD, they were sooo entertaining in TNA and were pretty good for a few after they left and then they became boring. Kazarian's shitty band entrance music is a reason also.

Edited by TheNewF'NShow

They can work PWG, I'm sure ROH released a statement not too long ago saying they are letting their talents work there.

Also, YIKES at Bobby Fish not name dropping The Addiction. Dudes fell off HARD, they were sooo entertaining in TNA and were pretty good for a few after they left and then they became boring. Kazarian's shitty band entrance music is a reason also.

What happened to their faction or group thing, with Sabin? With the red masks? Is that still a thing?

Shit, I forgot about that. I think Shelley showed up against them or something and they had a 6 man tag at Final Battle.

Don't know if it's still going on but Curry Man wrestled one of the latest shows, pretty much sums up The Addiction.

Edited by TheNewF'NShow

Frankie Kazarian and Sabin tagged together against ACH and Shelley in latest shows too so theyre still about

I do think Shelley is being wasted a little stuck in this 6 man, especially as he's really a touring guest, feel like they're missing a trick by not doing a "dream match-up" the deal like they did with the returning Joe and debuting EL Patron last year

As we noted yesterday, Ring of Honor announced they had signed new deals with current ROH champion Jay Lethal and ReDragon. We are told Lethal signed his deal the same day as the Final Battle 2015 PPV. ReDragon came to terms a few weeks ago.

Hiroshi Tanahashi announced he is going to work through his dislocated shoulder on the upcoming New Japan dates, including the ROH events in Las Vegas. I have respect for that work ethic, but not sure it's the best idea for him or anyone.

Christopher Daniels is being advertised for the 2/6 ROH TV Taping, so he's returning from his "suspension". We are told the storyline suspension was done so Daniels could have time off for an acting pursuit.

The lineups for the Japan shows next month in Tokyo will be announced first by New Japan.

Set for the 2/6 TV Taping in Nashville at the Municipal Auditorium:

*Briscoes vs. ACH & Alex Shelley.

*Adam Cole vs. Matt Sydal.

*Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser vs Dalton Castle's Boys

*ROH Top Prospect Tournament Finals.

The updated lineup for the 2/26 ROH Anniversary PPV in Las Vegas:

*ROH champion Jay Lethal vs. Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole.

*ROH Tag Team champions War Machine vs. All Night Express: No DQ.

*The Briscoes vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin.

*Kazuchika Okada vs. Moose.

*Alex Shelley vs. Christopher Daniels.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99362/tanahashi-injury-update-signings-and-more-ring-of-honor-news-notes.html?p=1

ROH is wasting Shelley so much, ugh.

To be fair, I don't think he's under contract with ROH. He's just a NJPW guy that they can bring in more often than the others. But I would love to see him utilized more as he's one of my favorites

Guest Fight Me.

To be fair, I don't think he's under contract with ROH. He's just a NJPW guy that they can bring in more often than the others. But I would love to see him utilized more as he's one of my favorites

He left NJPW actually and ROH signed him. He could still work NJPW though with that partnership lol.

He left NJPW actually and ROH signed him. He could still work NJPW though with that partnership lol.

Oh really? I didn't know that. That's cool