Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fight Me.

Watching yesterday's ROH, I've seen pics but I've never actually watched a show from a baseball field before. Really cool atmosphere when they get a decent live attendance, unlike those depressing TNA and GFW shows.

Edited by Fight Me.

I was gonna watch this week's episode until I saw that it was in a *censored*ing baseball field. Whenever they have the Field of Honor shit, I just can't bring myself to watch it whatsoever, despite the main event being Okada vs. Strong, lol.

Why not? It's a fun change of atmosphere and scenery. Beats their shifty 50 person standing room only with blue lighting lol.

But one thing I have to say about it is that their camera quality is SOOO poor. Look at how when the lights are on outside how cheap and overexaturated the product looks. They need to invest in some better cameras or something.

O86bEnM.jpg

For a pro wrestler of just four years of experience, Leah Von Dutch's passport reads like a world almanac, her hunger to be the best wrestler in the world authenticated by the miles spent on the road and in the air. In less than 50 months, Von Dutch has competed in her native Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and more.

I have wrestled all over the world, Von Dutch said. I've been fortunate to train with the best, taking in some of the English style, some of the Japanese style. You will have to watch to see if I have learned any new submissions or styles. I don't want to give away all my secrets!²

The globetrotting Von Dutch got her start when she won a scholarship through an essay writing contest conducted by Hall of Famer Edge. From there, her family, where she is one of four female siblings, has always been the driving force that keeps her motivated and focused.

My biggest advocates are my parents, family, and friends, Von Dutch said. My family is 100% the most supportive family in the world. My parents thought I was a little crazy but loved it! They always support me in whatever I do. My three sisters think it¹s awesome that I'm a pro wrestler and constantly are bragging to their friends about what I do. Some people have soccer parents - I have wrestling parents! What more could I ask for?

Von Dutch continues the long and storied legacy of female Canadian professional wrestlers, a country that boasts legendary grapplers like Velvet McIntyre and Luna Vachon, Ring of Honor alumnae Allison Danger, Portia Perez, and Sarah Stock, and current Women of Honor star Cherry Bomb as nationals. Through watching televised wrestling, Von Dutch's inspiration quickly became Hall of Famer, and fellow Canadian, Trish Stratus. When I was 12 years old, I started watching wrestling regularly. Trish was Canadian and blonde ­ like me! She had tremendous wrestling skill and I try to pattern my game off of Trish and Lita.

Von Dutch looks to put away prone opponents with an Asai Moonsault patterned after Lita¹s known as the Flying Dutchman while she looks to submit grapplers with a variation of the Cobra Clutch she calls the Dutch Clutch. In her studies, Von Dutch has learned to go for her signature moves when the opportunities present themselves. Striking while the iron is hot, in her words, is the most important lesson she has learned inside the squared circle: I have learned to be aggressive and never underestimate someone. No matter how long you have been a wrestler, one slip, and you could be pinned 1, 2, 3.

Though Von Dutch has racked up victory after victory on independent circuits across the globe, catching the eye of matchmaker Nigel McGuinness , the grind of the road was perhaps a bigger obstacle than any foe she has encountered in the ring. But she has taken the challenge head on, not only adapting but flourishing in the lifestyle: When you are constantly on the road and missing holidays, family gatherings and milestones in people¹s lives, you really have to ask yourself if this is worth all the sacrifice. But, I'm the kind of person who wouldn't be satisfied with a 9-5 job and a "normal" life.

Von Dutch¹s path to Women of Honor stardom may be anything but normal. I feel very privileged and honored that I am among the Women of Honor. I have improved a ton since the last time I was here and I can't wait to show Nigel McGuinness and the fans what I am capable of, Von Dutch said. Women's wrestling is on the rise and I plan on making a statement in Women of Honor, showing everyone why their eyes should be on Leah Von Dutch.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/international-star-leah-von-dutch-takes-aim-women-honor?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterhttp://www.rohwrestling.com/news/international-star-leah-von-dutch-takes-aim-women-honor?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The ACH/SYDAL series is still going? Damn.

ANX return feels like it should be hype, but it's not. I'm glad Rhett isn't stuck in that directionless gimmick anymore though, he deserves better. If what Cornette said about King was true, then Rhett really does deserve better.

Edited by TheNewF'NShow

You know what weird fantasy I want to see?

Number 1 contenders match for the ROH tag team championship, Time Splitters vs The Addiction. You have a distraction by the red masked guy, ref bump and Chris Sabin comes in for the KRD, turns on Daniels & Kaz, and red mask guy attacks KUSHIDA. Shelley doesn't help at all and attacks KUSHIDA too. Red mask guy is revealed to be AJ Styles. Shelley, Sabin and Styles throw up the guns and two sweet gestures. The Motor City Machine Guns in the Bullet Club, baby. Somehow, MCMG get a shot at the titles and win it.

Guest Fight Me.

Woah, when did Taeler Hendrix become part of the H.O.T?

Also, did anyone hear Matt Taven on Talk n Shop this weekend? His story of the George "The Animal" Steele incident is so great. :lol:

ROH was awesome this week. The Kingdom promo was great, Maria looked kind of dated though, but it still was good. And Briscoe vs Page was awesome as well. Page actually looks like a man now with his beard growing in lol.

Former IWGP Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles didn't wrestle at tonight's Ring of Honor television tapings, and won't wrestle at tomorrow night's show due to an unspecified injury.

Styles said that although he's missing the shows this weekend, he'll be ready for his title match at Final Battle for the Ring of Honor World Championship. We'll have full spoilers from tonight's show up soon.

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/657682879330172928

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/1023/603021/big-star-injured-and-out-of-this-weekend-roh-tv-tapings/

Notes from this weekend's ROH tapings leading up to Final Battle, including an update on an injured world title contender.

Ring of Honor taped a lot of TV over the last weekend and set the stage for the December Final Battle PPV in Philadelphia. I am told that the Roderick Strong vs. Jay Lethal, which saw Strong win the TV title, was excellent and well worth going out of your way to see. The match should air in about three weeks.

AJ Styles did not work this past weekend but was at the shows. He injured his back wrestling Kazuchika Okada at the New Japan Pro Wrestling King of Pro Wrestling event and then exacerbated it on a long flight to Italy for an independent date. The hope is that he'll be OK as long as he rests it.

The top matches for the Final Battle PPV (which will be the first ever live PPV from the former ECW Arena since 1997, when ECW held Barely Legal) are:

*ROH champion Jay Lethal vs. AJ Styles *ROH Tag Team champions The Kingdom vs. War Machine.

The show will also feature Brutal Bob Evans vs. Cheeseburger.

ACH suffered a concussion in Kalamazoo, Michigan on Friday. He was held out from working on Saturday in Dayton, Ohio and also pulled himself off an independent date the following day.

This Wednesday's ROH TV will feature:

*The Kingdom vs. Michael Elgin & War Machine (said to be excellent)

*Moose vs. Donovan Dijak

*Dalton Castle vs. Cedric Alexander. *Also appearing are ROH champion Jay Lethal, Roderick Strong, Truth Martini and more.

No update yet on Destination America and ROH coming to a new agreement. The original one was for 26 weeks of programming.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/97442/roh-spoilers-on-final-battle-ppv-aj-styles-injured-and-more-ring-of-honor-news.html?p=1

BALTIMORE, MD) After years of touring the globe as one of the most popular free-agent tag-team, Matt and Nick Jackson, a.k.a. The Young Bucks, have signed exclusive contracts with Ring of Honor.

We evaluate the landscape right now, we look around at professional wrestling, and everything is evolving. Tag team wrestling is what we do, and this place [Ring of Honor] has the best tag team division in the world, and we want the best competition, said Matt Jackson. We want the best matches. Its all about quality for us. We call Ring of Honor home; youll be seeing a lot of us.

Since 2009, The Young Bucks have regularly fought in Ring of Honors tag division and have proved to be one of the most entertaining tag teams in history, continuing to push their popularity with signature taunts and world-famous SUPERKICK parties. Ring of Honor is excited to officially be the home of the Young Bucks.

The Young Bucks will also continue to compete for New Japan Pro-Wrestling, where they are part of the Bullet Club through ROHs continued working partnership. They are also 3-time IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions and have won the Ring of Honor World Tag Team Championship once before, but are hungry to get the gold back again.

More information about The Young Bucks, including upcoming appearances and featured products, can be found on http://www.rohwrestling.com.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/matt-nick-jackson-young-bucks-sign-ring-honor

They'll be able to wrestle for PWG as well. I'm guessing that they were able to basically write their own contract. Regardless of your opinion on them, they're easily the hottest free agents on the indies. Kind of sad to see them sign exclusively to one place though. It was cool seeing them freelance everywhere and prove that success doesn't require a contract.

The independent wrestling circuit continues to shift. Multiple sources tell PWTorch that ROH star Michael Elgins contract expires at the end of the month (Saturday). As of now, we have not been able to confirm if he has signed a contract extension. Elgin is advertised for ROHs next tour Survival of the Fittest on November 13 and 14 in Milwaukee and Minnesota, respectively. Next weekend, Elgin is scheduled for AIWs Never Say Die show on November 6.

http://www.pwtorch.com/index.php/2015/10/29/thursday-torch-today-wwe-financial-day-sd-preview-gfw-venturas-retirement-pension-kendrick-wwe-return-billy-graham-japan-notes/