Official ROH Show Discussion

BlackToxic

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

– Jay Lethal spoke with Ring Rust Radio to promote the Field of Honor event in Brooklyn last week. Check out the video below and some highlights:

On being the face of ROH:

“I hope this doesn’t sound too cocky, but I don’t feel any pressure in that aspect. To use your words, I feel like if ROH hitched their wagon to me, it’s because they are enjoying, like, agree, and approve of everything I am doing. If I didn’t remain to just do what I am doing, then I feel that could have some negative impact. I am in the spot I am in because I deserve it and work hard and have been doing something the company likes. Just keep doing what I am doing and the company will keep liking it and happy that they put me in that spot. I don’t feel any pressure in that aspect because I will just keep doing what I have been doing. No need for the extra pressure or to make it more interesting, just keep doing what I have been doing and everything should be good, that’s my logic.”

On if there’s anything he can improve about his character or skills:

“Is there an aspect of my game that I am still trying to improve at? If you ask any good wrestler that, their answer should always be, “I am still trying to improve on everything”. There is always room to improve. The moment you feel like you are good on this, so now let me work on this, that’s the start of any wrestlers’ downfall. Any performer or professional athlete stops and focuses on something else that’s the bad way to go about it. I am still working on everything I can, especially my in ring work. I love being on the mic and am still trying to improve on that but I wish I could do something more with my in ring work. Even though I think it’s good, I wish I could just make it a little bit better. Which do I think is more important, the in ring work or mic work? If I had to force myself to pick one, I would pick mic skills. When I was growing up, a man I looked up to and eventually go to work with was Ric Flair. He was hands down the greatest on the mic. I feel like a lot of people possibly watched Ric Flair matches because he was so good at getting you to want to see those matches. On the same token, his in ring work was so great it would make you want to watch again.”

On whether WWE borrowed from ROH to have a dual champion:

“I just happen to think its total coincidence. In wrestling, you’re constantly trying to do what’s never been done or what hasn’t been done in a really long time. I can only remember such an event happening and the one that comes to mind is Warrior and Hogan, intercontinental title and world title. That was our mindset, and I’m sure it’s their mindset too. To say that we inspired their story line, if I could find out that it was 100% true, I would be so honored. Man what an honor to say you did something that inspired the number one wrestling company in the world. Especially since for years they have done things that have inspired other wrestling promotions.”

http://411mania.com/wrestling/jey-lethal-doesnt-think-wwe-stole-rohs-storyline/

Posted in WWE section as well...

There is reportedly interest among some top WWE officials in bringing in former TNA star Jay Lethal, who currently holds the ROH World Title and the ROH TV Title. Its been noted how WWE has been scouting the indies for top talents and running in the same markets as Ring of Honor. Signing a top talent like Lethal would be a big win for the NXT brand.

However, Lethal is said to be very happy with his position in ROH and how hes booked. Lethal is making better money as ROHs top guy than he would in NXT and it was noted that hes probably not someone who would leave just for the sake of joining WWE. It was also noted that Lethal may have some concerns over how WWE might book him.

With that said, WWE is interested in bringing on ROHs top guy and they view him as a high-value signing.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/will-wwe-be-able-to-sign-roh-world-tv-champion-jay-lethal/

Ring of Honor returns to the great state of Texas for ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA VII! And when we hit San Antonio on September 18th, you can see it all LIVE on PAY-PER-VIEW! We already know that Jay Lethal will be defending both his World Television Championship and the ROH World Championship against Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly respectively. But that's just a taste of the action we have set for ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA...

ROH World Tag Team Championships (Of The World) are on the line when The Addiction tries to fight off The Kingdom LIVE on pay-per-view! The Kingdom have rocketed up the ranks of international tag team competition in the past year. But they have yet to hold gold in Ring of Honor. That could change on September 18th!

The internal issues amongst The Kingdom have been well documented. Recently, Adam Cole and his former partner, Kyle O'Reilly, have reunited Future Shock...much to the anger of Taven, Bennett, and Maria. The building hostilities between The Kingdom, The Addiction, and wherever Adam Cole stands, have left an opening for yet another world caliber team to interject themselves into the tag title scene - THE YOUNG BUCKS!

Amidst all this chaos, Nigel McGuinness has decided that the World Tag Team Championship match at ASE VII must change. Now, instead of The Kingdom vs. The Addiction, you will get THREE of the top teams on the planet battling for gold:

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

- THE ADDICTION VS. THE KINGDOM VS. THE YOUNG BUCKS

The best way to experience ROH is LIVE! To get your tickets for September 18th in San Antonio, click HERE. But if you can't be there live, you don't have to miss a minute! ALL STAR EXTRAVAGANZA will be broadcast live on pay-per-view! Check your cable provider for purchasing details.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/world-tag-team-championship-line-ase-7

Another match signed for ASE 7:

A number one contenders match for the Ring of Honor World championship has been signed for Friday, September 18 at All Star Extravaganza VII:

PHENOMENAL AJ STYLES vs MR ROH RODERICK STRONG vs ADAM COLE vs UNBREAKABLE MICHAEL ELGIN

http://tinyurl.com/qc93v5r

Huge match.

During a recent interview with Channel Guide Magazine, Jay Lethal commented on rumors that WWE may be interested in him. Here is what he had to say

Ill say also if that is true, Im honored.

To be wanted in professional wrestling, thats all a wrestler can really ask for. Just to be wanted, its a great feeling. So if thats true, Im honored. I havent heard anything about that myself. Would you work for WWE? Ive answered this question before. To me the answer is still the same.

When I became a fan, it was because I watched the WWF as a fan growing up. It helped create this love growing up that I have for professional wrestling, much like everyone from my era. All the guys Ive wrestled today. To say it wouldnt be cool to work with or for the company that helped create my love for professional wrestling, I would say that I was lying. So given the chance and if the timing was right, sure I would definitely work for or with them. I got to say by the same token, Im on cloud 9 right now. Im undisputed champion of a company thats known around the world. Not for its storylines, music or entrance. Im the world champion of a company known around the world for its wrestling. What an honor to get to say that.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/jay-lethal-discusses-rumors-that-wwe-is-interested-in-him/

- The Young Bucks have been talking with Ring of Honor officials about signing a contract and they could be close to coming to terms.

The deal would see the duo work regularly with New Japan Pro Wrestling and would also allow them to work for the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla promotion. PWG is reportedly trying to put together a deal with ROH that would allow them to get Kyle O’Reilly and Adam Cole back. ROH previously pulled their exclusive contracted talents from PWG after Cole was injured on a PWG show. ROH also wasn’t happy when then-champion Michael Elgin lost via pinfall in a singles match on a PWG show.

http://dailywrestlingnews.com/the-young-bucks-close-to-signing-interesting-new-roh-deal/