Last Meaningful World Title Reign

Gooner Lad

You talk about Miz being a credible champ, when he needed help from Michael Cole to defeat Jerry Lawler...

Kane was credible, and was built up like a monster. Too bad they wasted it by not using Kane more afterwards. Still waiting for any reason behind the Nexus attacking Undertaker storyline.

I agree that both CM Punk and Del Rio could have had credible runs. They both need to cement their status as Championship material. Too bad Cena always gets his belt back. I wish Christian could get ONE MORE MATCH aswell, and feud with Sheamus. That would be a good start for a credible reign.

Kane's reign was very significant. It was his first reign (except for one night over a decade ago) and it was a long and dominant reign. Christian's reign (the first one) was booked pretty badly, so even with it being his first, it wasn't as "meaningful." We'll have to wait and see with Henry.

For the WHC, I'd go with Kane. Not only was it really the first time he got the big one (aside from one night in 98) it was the first time in a long time he'd been the focal point of the show. They gave Kane the spotlight and he totally owned it. His promos were top notch, and his ring work wasn't bad either. Of course, his reign started getting silly and over the top when Paul Bearer came back into the company, but for the most part it was pretty good.

As for the WWE Title, I'd go a few years back and say Triple H's run in 2008. It's the last long and significant WWE title run I can remember that hasn't been Cena. It was mostly enjoyable, especially when Jeff Hardy kept chasing the title and coming up short. Since then, it's mostly been hot potato'd around by Cena and Orton with the odd Sheamus or Miz run in-between.

On the subject of the Miz, I didn't enjoy his run. His matches were lacking, his promos were bland, and his feuds were all forgettable barring the one with King. His run played second fiddle to Rock and Cena heading into Mania.

Archived