Chris Jericho off the ropes moves

AlexSelva

Hi guys,

i just bought the all time greats dlc and it's funny as hell, though i can't do Y2J rope moves... especially the one shown here: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AUsqnOMfJ0

i can do the first flying dropkick; i tried everything for the second one, the spinning kick off the second rope, but i haven't been able to do it... any advice? are there any other cool moves for chris?

also, i find it quite difficult to pull off Animal uppercut into piledriver combo... is it strong strike > strong strike > hold strong strike > strong grapple?

Hi guys,

i just bought the all time greats dlc and it's funny as hell, though i can't do Y2J rope moves... especially the one shown here: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AUsqnOMfJ0

i can do the first flying dropkick; i tried everything for the second one, the spinning kick off the second rope, but i haven't been able to do it... any advice? are there any other cool moves for chris?

also, i find it quite difficult to pull off Animal uppercut into piledriver combo... is it strong strike > strong strike > hold strong strike > strong grapple?

For Animal its easy, after you throw a strong punch continue to hold strong punch and away, he should go into the uppercut and the piledriver is automatic. This can be done on its own or in a variety of combos.

thanks! so you can just throw it in one of his combos? that's awesome!

speaking of jericho, i'm not a native english speaker so could someone please tell me what the guy in the video is saying? :rolleyes: i understand most of it but not the part where he tells the buttons to press :shift:

could it be that the move was patched/taken out? i tried every grappling combo and still couldn't do that damn kick...

Lemme find out then I'll get back to you.

EDIT: The snapmare into a springboard is done by weak grappling (A on xbox controller) then weak punch (x on xbox controller). Then when the move ends, hit a button again as if you were doing a grapple chain.

The second one with the kick is done by weak grapping, followed by a strong punch (Y on xbox) and after doing that, press strong grapple (b on xbox) a few times.

thank you! but, turns out i unterstood what the video said :|

i can do the first one, it's the friggin second kick the one i'm not able to figure out...

i do the weak grapple, then strong punch, then strong grapple just does a no4mal grapple chain... i guess the move was taken out...

cam you try it if you have the dlc?

thank you! but, turns out i unterstood what the video said :|

i can do the first one, it's the friggin second kick the one i'm not able to figure out...

i do the weak grapple, then strong punch, then strong grapple just does a no4mal grapple chain... i guess the move was taken out...

cam you try it if you have the dlc?

Yeah I'll check it out right now, be back with results in a few..

EDIT: Yeah, it was probably taken out. There's no way to do it. And on top of that, you can't end Jericho's arm wrench combo in a signature, making him the only grappler without that ability.

ok after some playtesting i managed to find jericho's off the rope moves :D

you need to start a combo with away+quick strike, then quick strike again, then a grapple: when you connect with another button after the grapple y2j runs to the ropes and performs a kick, or a spinning ddt (which can be followed with another grapple combo - awesome!), a kind of lionsault and another move i can't remember :)

ok after some playtesting i managed to find jericho's off the rope moves :D

you need to start a combo with away+quick strike, then quick strike again, then a grapple: when you connect with another button after the grapple y2j runs to the ropes and performs a kick, or a spinning ddt (which can be followed with another grapple combo - awesome!), a kind of lionsault and another move i can't remember :)

Thanks for the update

Archived