Online Play

Online leagues are fun but only with the right kind of management and the right kind of players. I was in a league for all of SvR2009 until mid of SvR2011 and it was a fun time for 09' but had a steady decline later due to stupid people running it, playing favorites and what not. As well as immature players who just wanna create drama.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mainly play realistic but not like set up or anything. I play versatile and try to perform a few chaingrapples (which hardly ever works) and I time chain reversals. I usually just play the way the Wrestler I play with is supposed to be. Also I avoid every unblockable. If my opponent is noobish but acceptable, I just play a bit more.. well, I guess you could call it, street fighter like. If my opponent is completely cheap I just quit.

Then again, I barely play online against people I don't know and my friends play fair so it's cool

I dont find any reason to play online. Besides people spamming, connections dropping, and lags, theres pretty much not more to it than that. The game has a lot more interesting features for me to waste my time on that kind of stuff.

I agree its a waste of time putting it in. Ok sure online is great for say platformers or puzzle games but wrestling it isnt best to leave online to COD games instead. Either lag free or no online at all.

I dont find any reason to play online. Besides people spamming, connections dropping, and lags, theres pretty much not more to it than that. The game has a lot more interesting features for me to waste my time on that kind of stuff.

I agree its a waste of time putting it in. Ok sure online is great for say platformers or puzzle games but wrestling it isnt best to leave online to COD games instead. Either lag free or no online at all.

If online is a waste of time, then they mind as well not even make the game. Community Creations being gone ALONE will drop there sales drastically, let alone the entire Online option. Do you have any idea how many ppl play online? Theres a total of 36,045 pages of peoples created content Online, and 10 creations per page. THQ wouldn't dare get rid of the Online feature lol, and lag is an issue with EVERY online game. Its unavoidable. Theres always some type of lag.

Online on SvR is a waste of time. I've played a few matches and if I play I play how I play offline, but I never get teh chance to do anything since I get spammed and other stupid stuff.

I only play online when friends are playing, but in the off-chance I do play by myself online - it's pretty much limited to one-on-one matches so I can filter out the swine that pollute the online community. When my friends and I play we try to simulate real match-flow, we let each other do quick grapples, we go for spots and just try to play the game the way it was intended. Occasionally we like to set up chamber tag matches and squash spammers.

I've had maybe 2 really good matches online, against people like myself who tried to play a wrestling match properly. One was against Sting and the other was a 6 man tag I think.

Lag ruins things regardless though.

I usually just play online with friends part of a fed which has certain rules etc.

However I am not sure why a lot of you guys have so much lag. All I hear is lag this lag that. I dunno why because when I play I hardly EVER get lag. I didn't get lag for a long time actually until just recently when I played someone from the UK. But that was probably one of like 4 times I had lag this year.

Is there really delay online cause when I play ppl, the game doesn't let me reverse sometimes even though I press R2 when the indicator shows

I'm not really sure, because some people experience lag, and some dont. I never played SVR2011 online, but when I used to play 2010 online, I rarely had laggy matches. I just assumed that it was the other player's crappy connection. I'm pretty sure that when one person with good connection, plays someone with awful connection, its still going to lag, but people keep blaming the game itself. I think people keep wanting them to fix the netcode or something, I dont know much about that, but I heard that it could be patched. (It probably should be, if 2 people with excellent fast connection still end up lagging)

This year I'm going to play very realistic and play like a submission guy such as daniel bryan and work on legs and arms. I hope the game has dedicated servers, and realistic players are more likely to win, I might make a league for the best players, then convince MLG to put wwe 12 on it.

I've always played to have fun and put on a good match which is why i started up my own wrestling fed (which is on ps3 btw http://villmosfunhouse.co.cc/forum/ cheap plug YES!) and I just like a fair exchange though I do find it funny and ironic when people spam running knee, to moonsault, to taunt, to signature to finisher as if you count the taunt there are their own 5 moves of DOOM (Which these ass clowns are probably the ones saying that's all Cena or any other main event player has...

I always, even before I started online, have been a simulation player. However, going into online and actually having people to play with, it really refines the experience for me. I've been co-owner of and participating in a league for about three years now. We're all people that love to put on a simulation style match but, overall just have a fun experience. With the promise of new servers for online, things to look to be even better for us this year. My only disappointment, is no CAA online. Hopefully next year, that's fixed. Game still looks amazing though, no doubt about it.

I only play with friends online. We actually setup wrestling spots, and work with each other to make the other guy look good & tell a story. Pretty fun.

Off Topic: Just checked out some of your youtube videos, great work man what editing software do you use??

I use Sony Vegas 8. My favorite out of the other versions.

cool thanks man, I'm gonna get that and mess about with it :)

Ive always been a simulation player. I always try to put on a good match and try to tell a story. Thats the way I played the last years with my brother. And I'm really looking forward to the new AI of the game, because with that it could perhaps be possible to get this feeling even against the computer.

I've played SvR 11 online once! It was plain horrible! I'm not talking about the lagging problems, they have been slightly improved since the last installment of the game, but the attitude, some player seem to have is just unbearable. Move spamming, sustained taunting in Royal Rumble Matches, sometimes you feel yourself lost in gangland area. I sincerely hope there is a way to prevent this.

:) But hey, I lived with it for years now and as long as there is at least a little challenge to beat the AI I still will have fun playing this game. And the most fun I had creating CAWS anyway!

If you play SVR games online, how do you play?

1. Do you spam moves constantly?

2. Do you set rules to be followed before playing matches and tell people not to do certain moves that annoy you and expect them not to do them?

3. Do you play exactly how you see wrestling matches go on television?

4. Do you use different strategies during each match to surpise your opponents, or to keep things interesting?

1. I never spam unless I come across a spammer. I like to mix moves up a bit.

2. Nope, if they do shit to me. I do shit to them.

3. Depends how my opponent plays.

4. Sometimes I mix up my combos but very rarely. My strategy is just beat 'em up until I have my signature and then finish them off with the finisher. Unless it is TLC, I like to put my opponents through millions and millions of tables :P

Archived