Online Play

If you play SVR games online, how do you play?

1. Do you spam moves constantly?

2. Do you set rules to be followed before playing matches and tell people not to do certain moves that annoy you and expect them not to do them?

3. Do you play exactly how you see wrestling matches go on television?

4. Do you use different strategies during each match to surpise your opponents, or to keep things interesting?

If you play online other ways, you can post it.

(If a topic like this was already made, please delete this)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you play SVR games online, how do you play?

1. Do you spam moves constantly?

2. Do you set rules to be followed before playing matches and tell people not to do certain moves that annoy you and expect them not to do them?

3. Do you play exactly how you see wrestling matches go on television?

4. Do you use different strategies during each match to surpise your opponents, or to keep things interesting?

If you play online other ways, you can post it.

(If a topic like this was already made, please delete this)

I dont get the chance to do anything the game lags so bad I cant do shit. The only time I go online is just to get the achievements which I never hardly get. Why we casnt just have games without online achievements ill never know as ill never get the score for 2008 now.

I like to play sim style matches, Not bothered about winning or losing. Hardly bothered playing any WWE game online yet due to the way most people play the game. Online Royal Rumble sucked in SVR'11 most of the matches I went into, involved everyone taunting to build up their finishers. When I got bored of watching them and attacked I got triple teamed, Happened loads of times against different people. Shame not enough people play these games as wrestling games, and instead spam the same moves over and over again. :fedup:

I play a variation of styles (simulate TV, arcade, goof around, etc). I don't spam moves though, as that is boring. I'll play anyone though, and the main reason why the last two games have been garbage online is that you could only enjoy it with people you already know, which made it very boring. No offense to my pals online, but i like to be able to have a good match with people i don't know too, and when i can't due to a broken countering system or a cheap move that can be easily spammed, then i just stop playing all together.

I've recently gone down the NicVirtue route by working matches as if they were done on TV, by doing so? I've had a few exciting matches with ChrisGoBye recently.. and hope to have more on WWE '12. Winning/Losing means nothing to me, it's all about having fun!

I only play with friends online. We actually setup wrestling spots, and work with each other to make the other guy look good & tell a story. Pretty fun.

Off Topic: Just checked out some of your youtube videos, great work man what editing software do you use??

I play in a simulated way, i start the match with a lock up then chain wrestle for a little run the ropes, if i'm playing with puro guys i do strongstyle where we go punch for punch or kick for kick i let people do their spots. i'm always looking for more people who like to play this way, so if you do hit me up with your gamertag.

I've really gotten into playing simulation style as of late. If i'm playing a heel like Hollywood Rock, Mr Perfect etc I'll taunt a bit at the beginning of the match & even walk outside to work the crowd a bit before commencing to action. I try my best to play my character as they're portrayed on TV, but it doesn't work out that way all the time lol.

Unlike most people I actually time chain grapple reversals as opposed to just mashing RT/R2 like crazy. Sometimes I'll just let them go for the sake of versatility. I try not to hit running moves without bouncing off the ropes first. I don't run away from spring board/ top rope moves I'll stand there & try to reverse them. I try not to use strikes to counter moves, if I do it is unintentional. If I find that I'm doing it too excessively I will back away, unless my opponent tells me it doesn't bother them.

I don't stall a lot, I like to keep the action going at a steady pace. You won't see me waiting 5 minutes to pull off a move lol. I'm really working hard to try & put on better quality matches this year & I'm looking for others who want to do the same.

to be honest i think i play fair cause i never attack any1 if the are hanging outside of the ropes. i usually wait for them to get back in the ring. i never attack any1 from behind after they do move on my partner cause i think that it is unreversable. i dont stall for a long time then do a grapple or a strike. i never spam running grapples or strikes. i notice alot of ppl like to irish whip you when they get you in a chain grapple. i do it too but not all the time. i actually try to attempt chain grappl moves. another thing ppl like to do is get you in a chain grapple then release you then grab you in again which allows you to perform a groggy grapple without being groggy. i try to mix it up as much as i can. i never try tt do the same meauevers over again.

Yea lol another thing I hate is whjen people chain grapple you only to do a strong strike. I think it looks ridiculous. What's the sense in that? I mean that's something you can do just by walking up to the person. Hit a few different strike attacks on them then follow up with a strong strike,or do it after a reversal or something when they're in a groggy state, come on now!

I only play with friends online. We actually setup wrestling spots, and work with each other to make the other guy look good & tell a story. Pretty fun.

Off Topic: Just checked out some of your youtube videos, great work man what editing software do you use??

I use Sony Vegas 8. My favorite out of the other versions.

Simulation through and through, however, I usually simply play with friends as it's easier to play with them -- as they tend to know how to sell spots better than most of the randoms. I've never ONCE had a bad match with Nic or Vintage, they are among my favorites to play. It's not about winning or losing, it's about creating an experience. Gamertag is ChrisGoBye ( As for your list, a combination of 3 & 4 )

I dont find any reason to play online. Besides people spamming, connections dropping, and lags, theres pretty much not more to it than that. The game has a lot more interesting features for me to waste my time on that kind of stuff.

join fed

sometimes it's better than facing AI, for sure :)

I use Sony Vegas 8. My favorite out of the other versions.

Vegas is good but I have found at least in my own experience that Final Cut seems to be more versatile. However of course that is my own opinion.

On topic I play online extensively. I do not see too many of the lagging issues even when I play randoms. When I play I tend to not have a lot of other background things happening on my bandwidth so the lagging is regularly a non-issue. With people that I know or those that I can tell will put on a fair match, I will play accordingly to whichever CAW I am using. I do not make CAWs of real wrestlers as there are so many CAW makers out there better than I at it. All of mine are original. My play style will all depend on which I am using. I can play everything from monster heel, to spot monkey baby face.

It all just depends. However, if I am pitted against someone who starts to glitch me or use editing software for purposes other than it's intended usage, yeah I can play rather ugly.

I haven't played online regularly since SvR'07. I play a couple match every year and then I never touch it again. (Unless you count Community Creations)

07' online was the shit. I loved playing that game.

SvR 07 was shit. Terrible game.

1. I never spam

2. No but people I frequently play know what is cool and what is a bitch move.

3. I try. Never try to do unrealistic.

4. Yes, but I usually have a good gameplan. It varies from match to match.

I never play randoms since everyone only wants to spam run and play like an idiot. People focus too much on winning. No fun. Running is the biggest problem. So I do have a limit on running rule.

Thinking of starting my own fair play league this year. I've played in one past 2 or 3 and this game can be crazy fun when played for enjoyment. Play with the right person and online shines. Only problem with the league is that it always dies cause the owners never replace people who sign up but no show.

Maybe I'll do it here like that other online league.

Archived