Wrestlers you can't bare to watch

BeansOnToast

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daniel Bryan

Explain plz.

Bores the hell out of me.

Well, your loss. Just please don't be one of those people that dives head first into hater mode when forum go'ers at CAWs get excited whenever he gets pushed. Because he IS wrestling to many fans and I hope you can at least realize why that is, even if he doesn't appeal to you personally.

Ok, and I can't.

There are things I don't care for, but I can still understand why some like them.

Are you and indy wrestling fan or no?

Nope, just WWE. Doesn't mean I'm completely ignorant to anything besides WWE though, I know what he's done and accomplished. But he just doesn't appeal to me. Even a guy like Drew McIntyre, who is being buried now I like a lot partly because of his indy work.

Ok well that sums it up, you're not really into indy wrestling. And while you are not ignorant to wrestling outside of the WWE, I'm going to take a wild guess that perhaps some of the subtleties of mat based ring work are either lost on you or you just find that stuff boring. Either way, I get that it's not everyone's thing. However, back to what I was saying before, I hope you can understand that it is some fan's thing. Hence forth, I hope you can realize why Danielson has such a cult following even if he's not up your alley.

I doubt Drew McIntyre has done anything worth mentioning on any indy circuit, but that is a whole another story. There is a guy who puts me to sleep. I do like Drew's entrance music, some of the best music in the WWE right there... too bad he can't wrestle.

I don't particularly like to watch Hero either. I will if it means seeing Claudio or Sara wrestle, in which case they kinda compensate for him, but Hero on his own isn't great to watch.

Hero is awesome! Nuff said.

Daniel Bryan

Explain plz.

Bores the hell out of me.

Well, your loss. Just please don't be one of those people that dives head first into hater mode when forum go'ers at CAWs get excited whenever he gets pushed. Because he IS wrestling to many fans and I hope you can at least realize why that is, even if he doesn't appeal to you personally.

Ok, and I can't.

There are things I don't care for, but I can still understand why some like them.

Are you and indy wrestling fan or no?

Nope, just WWE. Doesn't mean I'm completely ignorant to anything besides WWE though, I know what he's done and accomplished. But he just doesn't appeal to me. Even a guy like Drew McIntyre, who is being buried now I like a lot partly because of his indy work.

Ok well that sums it up, you're not really into indy wrestling. And while you are not ignorant to wrestling outside of the WWE, I'm going to take a wild guess that perhaps some of the subtleties of mat based ring work are either lost on you or you just find that stuff boring. Either way, I get that it's not everyone's thing. However, back to what I was saying before, I hope you can understand that it is some fan's thing. Hence forth, I hope you can realize why Danielson has such a cult following even if he's not up your alley.

I doubt Drew McIntyre has done anything worth mentioning on any indy circuit, but that is a whole another story. There is a guy who puts me to sleep. I do like Drew's entrance music, some of the best music in the WWE right there... too bad he can't wrestle.

Well, maybe Drew's not for everyone. I loved his work in Irish Whip Wrestling and he can be really entertaining on the mic. He's also far from a bad wrestler..

And I don't necessarily find mat wrestling boring, I find Daniel Bryan boring.

Well, maybe Drew's not for everyone. I loved his work in Irish Whip Wrestling and he can be really entertaining on the mic. He's also far from a bad wrestler..

I wouldn't call Drew far from a bad wrestler. Maybe he could be entertaining on the mic if given a push. But his ring work is sloppy as f*ck... he kinda sucks dude as far as the technical aspect of wrestling goes. Really don't even think that is an opinion so much as fact right there. I wouldn't go so far as to put him on a can't bare to watch list though. He's no worse than any other generic body builder looking dude that WWE hires on a whim.

I've already mentioned Miz earlier but another guy I want to mention is KENSO(Kenzo Suzuki). He's charismatic and I want to like him but he's just god awful in the ring, so sloppy and lazy and it just kills any enjoyment of his matches.

And Kelly Kelly, she should not be allowed to 'wrestle'.

I wouldn't call Drew far from a bad wrestler. Maybe he could be entertaining on the mic if given a push. But his ring work is sloppy as f*ck... he kinda sucks dude as far as the technical aspect of wrestling goes. Really don't even think that is an opinion so much as fact right there. I wouldn't go so far as to put him on a can't bare to watch list though. He's no worse than any other generic body builder looking dude that WWE hires on a whim.

Please tell me you're kidding.

Drew is one of the best workers out there, there's a reason guys like Kevin Nash, Booker T and Bret Hart are a fan of him. Hell, out of everyone on the roster Chris Masters wanted a feud with McIntyre.

For a guy his size he's extremely athletic(a lot more so than Sheamus or Wade Barrett) and he has excellent technique(just look at his matches on Superstars lately).

I don't know how you can say that McIntyre is a bad worker, I mean just like Nick I'm not a fan of Daniel Bryan but I can recognize that he's a good worker.

What the *censored*, man?

I went to a houseshow the other day and Drew's match literally had me yawning. The guy is just average in the ring and nothing more. Plus Drew's character is just boring to me. Drew never shows emotion he is literally a robot.

As for others ones I find boring

Kofi Kingston: The guy has had no character progression for years now. Kofi and his move-set have been the same ever since he debuted back in 2008.

Khali/Big Show: I'm just not a fan of the typical "Giant" moveset. Big Show can move pretty well and is a way better wrestler than Khali, but I just don't care for their matches.

Drew McIntyre: I already explained

Otunga/Mason Ryan: These guys are very "green", they stick to simple basic moves which gets boring real quick.

Jinder Mahal: This guy is also "green" and below average. He has done nothing noteworthy in the ring.

Ekeziel Jackson: He literally only has about 3 moves. Clotheslines, BodySlams, and his torture rack.

Please tell me you're kidding.

Drew is one of the best workers out there, there's a reason guys like Kevin Nash, Booker T and Bret Hart are a fan of him. Hell, out of everyone on the roster Chris Masters wanted a feud with McIntyre.

For a guy his size he's extremely athletic(a lot more so than Sheamus or Wade Barrett) and he has excellent technique(just look at his matches on Superstars lately).

I don't know how you can say that McIntyre is a bad worker, I mean just like Nick I'm not a fan of Daniel Bryan but I can recognize that he's a good worker.

What the *censored*, man?

Drew's a good worker, but all his matches in general are average and boring as *censored*.

I went to a houseshow the other day and Drew's match literally had me yawning. The guy is just average in the ring and nothing more. Plus Drew's character is just boring to me. Drew never shows emotion he is literally a robot.

av-228.png

daniel%20bryan_109936.JPG

Oh, yeah, zero emotion right there. The fact that you find Daniel Bryan's matches boring, but not Drew's is truly mindblowing.

av-228.png

Lol really? Really?

What do we have here? boring old Drew.

drew-mcintyre_photoboxart_160w.jpg

av-228.png

Lol really? Really?

Great comeback.

Absolutely amazing.

Drew's a good worker, but all his matches in general are average and boring as *censored*.

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also, as far as the whole emotion thing goes:

fkz88l.gif

Yes it does. You slow or just his number 1 mark?

You can be technically sound and still put on a boring match. For example if all you do is clothesline, headlock, rest for a whole match, no matter how well executed, it'll be a sleeper.

av-228.png

Lol really? Really?

Great comeback.

Absolutely amazing.

Also, as far as the whole emotion thing goes:

fkz88l.gif

I say he is emotionless 90% of the time. Plus there is nothing noteworthy about his move-set. I can't even remember his finisher to be honest.

Drew is far from a bad worker, his WWE has been terrible il admit, but i have watched his stuff on the Indys for a while and the guy can move. He can fly when he wants, kee a ground base going & go technical.

His Character right now is a 'Smash mouth, ground & pound' type of guy, he doesnt need to put on a technical clinic in the ring, he just 'gets the job done'. He does deliver a good promo, need s a bit of word, but who in wrestle these days doesnt? (Im expecting a CM Punk or Jericho reply here).

You can be technically sound and still put on a boring match. For example if all you do is clothesline, headlock, rest for a whole match, no matter how well executed, it'll be a sleeper.

Yes, but doing all of that doesn't make you a good worker(or at least, it doesn't in my opinion) and it's certainly not all that Drew does hence why I said it doesn't make any sense.

I say he is emotionless 90% of the time. Plus there is nothing noteworthy about his move-set. I can't even remember his finisher to be honest.

Future Shock DDT, I'd say it's a hell of a lot more impressive than the LeBelle Lock(although I do like that maneuver). There isn't anything that amazing or noteworthy about Bryan's moveset either, but both men do what they do well and therefore it works.

Also, I'd say Drew shows more emotion than Bryan does and it definitely shows during their match on Superstars the other day.

Yes, but doing all of that doesn't make you a good worker(or at least, it doesn't in my opinion) and it's certainly not all that Drew does hence why I said it doesn't make any sense.

Future Shock DDT, I'd say it's a hell of a lot more impressive than the LeBelle Lock(although I do like that maneuver). There isn't anything that amazing or noteworthy about Bryan's moveset either, but both men do what they do well and therefore it works.

Also, I'd say Drew shows more emotion than Bryan does and it definitely shows during their match on Superstars the other day.

So a DDT which is perhaps one of the most common moves in pro-wrestling is more impressive than the Lebell lock? The lebell lock is an Omoplata crossface which actually requires technique to execute.

Bryan's indy move-set was way better than his WWE move-set but even now his WWE moveset is impressive. Bryan does lots of submissions and the most note-worthy are the Surfboard, Heel Hook, Guillotine Choke, and of course the Lebell Lock. Plus he can also take it to the air and do lots of diving moves. He has his suicide dive, along with his diving knee and top rope missile dropkick. He also does lots of wrestling throws like the German suplex and other suplex variations. The guy is unique in the ring even with his WWE moveset.

So a DDT which is perhaps one of the most common moves in pro-wrestling is more impressive than the Lebell lock? The lebell lock is an Omoplata crossface which actually requires technique to execute.

Bryan's indy move-set was way better than his WWE move-set but even now his WWE moveset is impressive. Bryan does lots of submissions and the most note-worthy are the Surfboard, Heel Hook, Guillotine Choke, and of course the Lebell Lock. Plus he can also take it to the air and do lots of diving moves. He has his suicide dive, along with his diving knee and top rope missile dropkick. He also does lots of wrestling throws like the German suplex and other suplex variations. The guy is unique in the ring even with his WWE moveset.

It's not a regular DDT, and my point was that it's a lot more impactful than something like the LeBell Lock(or at least in my opinion it is).

I know what Bryan's moveset is, I don't think it stands out just going by the moves but the way he performs them is good. The submissions are unique, I'll give him that but besides that there are plenty who do the moves he does(then again that's *censored*ing wrestling).

I could name all of the moves that McIntyre does right now as well, but what's the use?

Yes il agree with that, but so was Drew's. Drew is a good Technical wrestler, but his WWE style as i said before is very 'ground & pound, smash mouth' style. He hasnt shown half his in-ring ability. Bryan is the same. Drew can also do a Suicide dive and top rope moves such as a dropkick, cross body etc. It's just his WWE 'character' and wrestling style doesnt require that.

It's not a regular DDT, and my point was that it's a lot more impactful than something like the LeBell Lock(or at least in my opinion it is).

I know what Bryan's moveset is, I don't think it stands out just going by the moves but the way he performs them is good. The submissions are unique, I'll give him that but besides that there are plenty who do the moves he does(then again that's *censored*ing wrestling).

I could name all of the moves that McIntyre does right now as well, but what's the use?

...Why would a submission be impactful though? I know there are some that have some sort of impact in them (like the La Mistica and the Danielson Special) but the point in submission is to lock it in and put the opponent to sleep or force them to tap out. And plenty who do the moves he does? It's the same *censored*in' case for Drew McIntyre because then again, it is *censored*ing wrestling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcIBszWA0N0

to anyone who has Drew cant wrestle please watch this video. He hasnt shown half of this in the WWE.

There really wasn't anything special in there at all. Yeah sure he could roll around before hitting an arm drag and sure he could hit a clothesline from the top rope but to me that's just generic cruiserweight moves. Nothing really stood out.

Archived