Wrestlers you can't bare to watch

BeansOnToast

Seriously, most people have no idea what Drew's capable of.

So a DDT which is perhaps one of the most common moves in pro-wrestling is more impressive than the Lebell lock? The lebell lock is an Omoplata crossface which actually requires technique to execute.

Bryan's indy move-set was way better than his WWE move-set but even now his WWE moveset is impressive. Bryan does lots of submissions and the most note-worthy are the Surfboard, Heel Hook, Guillotine Choke, and of course the Lebell Lock. Plus he can also take it to the air and do lots of diving moves. He has his suicide dive, along with his diving knee and top rope missile dropkick. He also does lots of wrestling throws like the German suplex and other suplex variations. The guy is unique in the ring even with his WWE moveset.

It's not a regular DDT, and my point was that it's a lot more impactful than something like the LeBell Lock(or at least in my opinion it is).

I know what Bryan's moveset is, I don't think it stands out just going by the moves but the way he performs them is good. The submissions are unique, I'll give him that but besides that there are plenty who do the moves he does(then again that's *censored*ing wrestling).

I could name all of the moves that McIntyre does right now as well, but what's the use?

...Why would a submission be impactful though? I know there are some that have some sort of impact in them (like the La Mistica and the Danielson Special) but the point in submission is to lock it in and put the opponent to sleep or force them to tap out. And plenty who do the moves he does? It's the same *censored*in' case for Drew McIntyre because then again, it is *censored*ing wrestling.

I get your point, but look at Del Rio's submission it has a lot more 'oomph' than Bryan's imo. I guess I just don't know how to word it correctly, so I'll just drop it.

Also yes, that is *censored*ing wrestling. Why do you think I said that in the first place? I'm not trying to diminish Bryan's ability or anything, I'm just letting people know why I think so highly of McIntyre.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point is, people have said he cant perform well in the ring. That video sure shows that he can & shows some emotion. I never said he was anything spectacular, but there are people blatantly disregarding his talent, and it's also the fact that he isnt a Cruiserweight is even better, i'm sure most wrestlers can hit a diving clothesline or roll before an Arm Drag, but then again MOST wrestlers are talented & Drew is one of them.

My point is, people have said he cant perform well in the ring. That video sure shows that he can & shows some emotion. I never said he was anything spectacular, but there are people blatantly disregarding his talent, and it's also the fact that he isnt a Cruiserweight is even better, i'm sure most wrestlers can hit a diving clothesline or roll before an Arm Drag, but then again MOST wrestlers are talented & Drew is one of them.

He may not he a cruiserweight but hes not far off in terms of weight (I think). But still, I dont find him entertaining or talented. Just a lanky bland Scotsman.

Seriously, most people have no idea what Drew's capable of.

So a DDT which is perhaps one of the most common moves in pro-wrestling is more impressive than the Lebell lock? The lebell lock is an Omoplata crossface which actually requires technique to execute.

Bryan's indy move-set was way better than his WWE move-set but even now his WWE moveset is impressive. Bryan does lots of submissions and the most note-worthy are the Surfboard, Heel Hook, Guillotine Choke, and of course the Lebell Lock. Plus he can also take it to the air and do lots of diving moves. He has his suicide dive, along with his diving knee and top rope missile dropkick. He also does lots of wrestling throws like the German suplex and other suplex variations. The guy is unique in the ring even with his WWE moveset.

It's not a regular DDT, and my point was that it's a lot more impactful than something like the LeBell Lock(or at least in my opinion it is).

I know what Bryan's moveset is, I don't think it stands out just going by the moves but the way he performs them is good. The submissions are unique, I'll give him that but besides that there are plenty who do the moves he does(then again that's *censored*ing wrestling).

I could name all of the moves that McIntyre does right now as well, but what's the use?

...Why would a submission be impactful though? I know there are some that have some sort of impact in them (like the La Mistica and the Danielson Special) but the point in submission is to lock it in and put the opponent to sleep or force them to tap out. And plenty who do the moves he does? It's the same *censored*in' case for Drew McIntyre because then again, it is *censored*ing wrestling.

I get your point, but look at Del Rio's submission it has a lot more 'oomph' than Bryan's imo. I guess I just don't know how to word it correctly, so I'll just drop it.

Also yes, that is *censored*ing wrestling. Why do you think I said that in the first place? I'm not trying to diminish Bryan's ability or anything, I'm just letting people know why I think so highly of McIntyre.

We already know you think highly of him, there's several cluee pointing to that. And I detect some frustration from your post.

I'm not frustrated, just passionate.

He may not he a cruiserweight but hes not far off in terms of weight (I think). But still, I dont find him entertaining or talented. Just a lanky bland Scotsman.

Uh, he's about 250 lbs.

Uh, he's 6'5".

Hence why he called him lanky. Lanky means a tall and thin.

I have to say that I can not bear to watch anyone that isnt Aj styles, Christopher Daniels and beer money and jeff hardy and the Motor city machine guns and mickie james. Everyone else in TNA are just bad...

As far as WWE goes i have to say

Khali and his boss

Slater

any wrestlers from the 80s and early Nineties.

AJ Styles and Super dragon.

I don't think either are bad, just don't enjoy watching them.

WTF? Especially Super Dragon. I love his style. It's so raw, it's so indy, so incredible! I mean some people don't like him because he is kind of a dick sometimes... one of those wrestlers that is sort of his own worst enemy because he really should be bigger than he is, even on the indy scene. But I've always enjoyed his matches and I haven't met anyone who's familiar with him who did not.

The fact that he is a huge asshole, and not in the funny way, really kills his matches for me.

I know and I commented on that and elaborated upon that by saying that his attitude has prevented him from becoming more recognizable even on the indy circuit.

But he hasn't done anything totally despicable. So his attitude doesn't ruin his matches for me. But to each his own. There are talented people that I don't like simply because of their attitude.

Yeah, he just was kind of a bully for no reason what so ever. Like he punked out fans to boost his ego not to add to the show.

I have to say that I can not bear to watch anyone that isnt Aj styles, Christopher Daniels and beer money and jeff hardy and the Motor city machine guns and mickie james. Everyone else in TNA are just bad...

Khali and his boss

Slater

Sooo you can't stand watching talent? I see.

Yeah i have to agree. Women's wrestling bores the hell out of me, i have no interest in it whatsoever.

WWE:-

The Miz

Chris Jericho

Alberto Del Rio

Diva's

Randy Orton

TNA:-

Gunner

Knockouts

Chris Daniels

Scott Steiner

The Hardy's.

I've never been able to stand Chris Hero.... insomnia's worst enemy...

Back when he was still in his long pants/tight top I agreed. I watched a 6 man tag the other day from NOAH that he was in. His moves were so goofy/dumb. The crowd were laughing their asses off and you can tell Hero was getting pissed.

Khali and his boss

Slater

LOL. MCMG has had some good matches, but they tend to stick to doing acrobatic spots in the ring rather than wrestling. I don't mind high-flying in the ring, just not so much that it's all I see in a match. And Jeff Hardy is just a horrible botchfest of a wrestler.

As for your "any wrestlers from the 80s and early nineties" comment, shame on you. Some of the best wrestlers to ever get in the ring from from that time period. Maybe you weren't born that early, but then again I was born in the early 90s, and I still managed to watch some old shit from the 80s.

Well, maybe Drew's not for everyone. I loved his work in Irish Whip Wrestling and he can be really entertaining on the mic. He's also far from a bad wrestler..

And I don't necessarily find mat wrestling boring, I find Daniel Bryan boring.

I wouldn't call Drew far from a bad wrestler. Maybe he could be entertaining on the mic if given a push. But his ring work is sloppy as f*ck... he kinda sucks dude as far as the technical aspect of wrestling goes. Really don't even think that is an opinion so much as fact right there. I wouldn't go so far as to put him on a can't bare to watch list though. He's no worse than any other generic body builder looking dude that WWE hires on a whim.

Please tell me you're kidding.

Drew is one of the best workers out there, there's a reason guys like Kevin Nash, Booker T and Bret Hart are a fan of him. Hell, out of everyone on the roster Chris Masters wanted a feud with McIntyre.

For a guy his size he's extremely athletic(a lot more so than Sheamus or Wade Barrett) and he has excellent technique(just look at his matches on Superstars lately).

I don't know how you can say that McIntyre is a bad worker, I mean just like Nick I'm not a fan of Daniel Bryan but I can recognize that he's a good worker.

What the *censored*, man?

I'm not kidding at all. Drew is just another guy in a long line of tall, robotic wrestlers with robotic personalities. (Chicago Warrior hit the nail on the head with that word robotic).

The reason why guys like Nash and Booker are fans of him is because Drew has the perfect "WWE Look"... but that's really all he has from what I've seen. Tall, wrassler hair, otherwise clean cut looking guy. He's generic though. He's not as bad some of these clowns however. Alex Riley is one of the worst. A-Ri looks like a damn chip and dales dancer or some shit and is green as grass in the ring too. In fact I will add Alex Riley to my list of buff retards in the WWE that I can't bare to watch.

Drew isn't that bad. But in the ring he's not better than Sheamus and definitely not on the mic. I honestly think that out of the WWE's three young, tall superstars hailing from the U.K. that they actually are pushing these guys in the correct order. Sheamus is the best of the bunch because he's unique and not bland. Plus his ring work is stiff without being sloppy or dangerous and he is able to work well with a variety of opponents too. He seems to get strong reactions even if he's not being pushed hard. So whenever he is getting pushed (like now) he goes over very well. Wade is up next. Barrett is pretty good. He can be a little boring, but he comes across more as stoic than boring which is good. He's really solid in the ring for a big guy and I wish the WWE would just make up their mind if they want to push him or bury him because they have been doing some of each lately.

Drew just hasn't shown me anything like that. Plus some of his work has seemed sloppy to me as well. Maybe a couple off-nights, I dunno. In all fairness he hasn't been given nearly as much of a chance to shine. Maybe he could be more interesting with a proper push... that is why I won't say the guy is so bad I can't bare to watch. He isn't horrible or anything, and with better booking maybe he could impress me in a similar way that Barret and Sheamus have. I have my doubts about that still... but if Drew is as good as you say, then maybe he could.

But for someone to say that Bryan Danielson is only slightly better in the ring than Drew McIntyre, that is just f*cking blasphemy! I don't care if you're Scottish and Drew's biggest fan (I'm a huge fan of Roddy Piper if it makes you feel better)... there is no way that Drew is even in the same solar system as Bryan when it comes to workrate.

None of those guys above are on D Bryan's level in the ring. They are taller, heavier, look more like a WWE champ to a non wrestling fan who sees them at an airport and goes "Hey I bet those guys are wrestlers". But Bryan Danielson in WWE is like Pablo Picasso working with kids in a preschool art class.

I've never been able to stand Chris Hero.... insomnia's worst enemy...

Back when he was still in his long pants/tight top I agreed. I watched a 6 man tag the other day from NOAH that he was in. His moves were so goofy/dumb. The crowd were laughing their asses off and you can tell Hero was getting pissed.

He has come a loong way since then though.

Archived