The Official Bound For Glory PPV Discussion Thread

Misatouki

As we discussed on the TNA Bound for Glory Post-Game show last night in the PWInsider Elite section, the original plan for the PPV was for Bobby Roode to defeat Kurt Angle for the TNA championship to close the PPV. The story going around was that yesterday afternoon, Hulk Hogan lobbied to have the finish change, feeling that Roode wasn't ready for a run with the title. So, the finish was changed.

Between that and the AJ Styles stuff in the last few days, there was a lot of resentment towards Hogan among the long time members of the roster. The resentment was especially at a high because Hogan was ripping on Styles on Twitter when everyone knew Styles had missed the TNA Fan Interaction event due to a death in the family.

One running joke I heard after the PPV, which to a person, everyone agreed wasn't a strong show, was whether roster talents could "request a transfer" to Jeff Jarrett's new India project.

pwinsider elite

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't buy it. There's never been anything about Hogan having enough pull to actually change the result of a match, let alone a World Championship Main Event on TNA's biggest PPV. Now, he all of a sudden has that sort of power? If he did have enough stroke in TNA to actually change the result of an important match like that, you'd think that old, egotistic, greey, washed up man would have made his match with Sting as the Main Event instead.

I don't buy it. There's never been anything about Hogan having enough pull to actually change the result of a match, let alone a World Championship Main Event on TNA's biggest PPV. Now, he all of a sudden has that sort of power? If he did have enough stroke in TNA to actually change the result of an important match like that, you'd think that old, egotistic, greey, washed up man would have made his match with Sting as the Main Event instead.

The egomaniac has probably gotten exactly what he wants for the last few months,he probably has never had to use his pull. Also the guy is egocentric not stupid. Asking to be placed in the main event would have been way too much,but asking to halt one of the younger stars' push saying its for the good of the company? Classic Hogan.

The egomaniac has probably gotten exactly what he wants for the last few months,he probably has never had to use his pull. Also the guy is egocentric not stupid. Asking to be placed in the main event would have been way too much,but asking to halt one of the younger stars' push saying its for the good of the company? Classic Hogan.

What pull?! The man is nothing more than an on-screen character in TNA, who pitches a couple ideas to Creative every now and again. This power that people claim Hogan has within TNA is non-existent.

What pull?! The man is nothing more than an on-screen character in TNA, who pitches a couple ideas to Creative every now and again. This power that people claim Hogan has within TNA is non-existent.

The drastic change the company has gone through,ever since he came is more than proof enough that he's more than just a consultant.

Here's a nice review from somebody who attended:

By Paul Wein from our partners at "Fever Keeps it Real"

I have covered many, many events in the wrestling business. From local shows in my neighborhood, to events from some of the largest companies in the industry – to one of the biggest events of the year in Toronto, Canada. But this past weekend, I attended an event that could not have been arranged, planned, organized or put forth any better than it was…

…TNA Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Weekend.

Held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Bound For Glory Weekend offered fans of TNA an opportunity like no other – to interact with the Superstars they see on television and pay-per-views in a way they never thought possible. Fans were able to approach their favorite stars, take pictures with them and get autographs – and even spend a few moments talking to them and asking them any question they wanted. In addition, fans were able to attend a dinner with some of the TNA roster, hang out with them at the hotel bar – and even get a picture taken with their favorite TNA Superstar on the Impact Wrestling entrance ramp and have it printed out for them at no charge.

When myself, Julie, Brain and Big Chris arrived on Saturday at Fan Interaction, we were instantly amazed at not only the great turnout they had – but how there were TNA Superstars everywhere. Seriously, no matter where you were in the building, you could not turn your head without seeing someone from TNA. In fact, the very first moment we arrived at the hotel and turned the corner of a corridor to head to the event – we were met by almost the entire TNA roster heading our way. Then, as the day went on, we met everyone, got pictures and autographs with some, had some of them sign our shirts and pictures – and even interviewed some of the Superstars for Fever Keeps It Real – thanks to the over-the-top hospitality and generosity of my CONTACT at TNA.

But my favorite memories of the event were the ones that were the most personal – and the most intimate.

At one point, I was sitting at the bar with Brain doing our special live radio show from the event when Julie interrupted the flow of conversation to tell us that – to her amazement – someone was about to walk into the same bar we were in and sit at the same bar we were sitting at only two stools away – and sure enough – it was none other than Ric Flair. At another point during the day, I went out to smoke a cigarette and was joined by TNA X-Division Superstar Brian Kendrick – who chatted with me like we were old buddies. Also, I ran into Ink Inc Tag Team Member Jesse Neal – who I interviewed with Brain one year ago and said hello – only to have him tell me that he remembered me because he just watched the interview again on YouTube a few days before that. But my favorite moment of all was at the end of the night when Ric Flair looked at me – patted me on the back – and said, “Fever!” The reason that is amazing is because until that day – I had never met him before – but despite that – he still knew of me and our show.

Following the events of Saturday – which made me feel like we were inside a TNA locker room for the whole day – we then went to Temple University on Sunday – to see Bound For Glory live.

From the moment we arrived at the arena on Sunday afternoon for Bound For Glory – less than 24 hours since Fan Interaction – the crowd was as pumped up as they were the day before. And when the show began – the action was non-stop and the fans ate it up like candy. Every match was better then the last one and the more the night went on – the more of a frenzy built in the arena. That frenzy culminated when Hulk Hogan made his way through the entrance and brought the crowd to their feet. Thousands upon thousands of people were screaming their heads off and for Julie – this was her first time seeing The Hulkster in person – and in her words – she couldn’t hear herself think over the roar of the crowd and was amazed to see that not one person in the arena was sitting down – not only during his entrance – but through the entire match.

When it was over and the four of us realized this once-in-a-lifetime experience had come to an end, we should have been saddened by the fact that our amazing weekend was no more – but instead we were elated – because we were coming off of the excitement of what we just experienced – and eagerly anticipating the next one.

I want to personally thank my CONTACT (Yes Rob and C – my CONTACT) at TNA and thank him for everything that he did for us. Julie, being Fever Keeps It Real’s Social Media Coordinator, has already posted almost all of the photos from the event on our many social media sites and will post the episode of the event in less than a week – (not two years from now). In addition, we have done several radio shows on the event and will have all of the content Julie has put together linked to many websites in the wrestling industry.

I have to say that while I love this business both as a professional in it and a fan at the same time – I value and respect the people that work with me in it. The staff at TNA have been so eager to work with us in a mutually beneficial relationship in the past – but came through like never before this weekend. I can’t wait to work with them again in the future – because unlike one company “up North” – and another “in Brooklyn” led by two men that look at this business as a cash cow instead of a passion…

…Wrestling matters here

Archived