The Rock Music Thread

Ernez

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone check out the new Van Halen yet?

I had a quick listen and there was some pretty impressive guitar work on there, but I haven't listened enough to actually remember individual songs or anything yet. There was one tapping intro that I thought was kind of cool at first but after listening a couple times I don't really think it fits in that well, it was more of a "Hey I can do this so lets just throw it in" I think.

Went to a sweet concert last night that came to my hometown: Persist, Windowpane, Soulfly and Five Finger Death Punch.

Persist was decent, I really liked Windowpane and the main reason why I went was to see Soulfly. As for Five Finger, was never a really a big fan of them, but they were still pretty damn good!

Here's some Windowpane:

I'm guessing this will go here but any Arctic Monkeys fans? I have some song credits on iTunes from a Coke promotion and want to get a few of their songs. I got "I Bet You Look Good On the Dance Floor" and "R U Mine?" so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to like their stuff around the time the movie came out, Tribute and Master Exploder being my two favourites, but I can honestly say I'm not excited or really interested at all to listen to new stuff for some reason.

Archived