The Rock Music Thread

Ernez

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never really been a KISS fan outside of the Destroyer album (Like pretty much everyone else in the world), maybe a couple songs here and there but I've never been that into them. That being said Modern Day Delilah wasn't that bad of a song, so I might give there new album a quick listen.

I so called it! Lacey changed because of her son.

On October 22, 2012, the band announced that Lacey Sturm was stepping down as the band's lead vocalist. In a statement written by Pat Seals, Kristen May, formerly of Vedera, was announced as Sturm's replacement. Sturm expressed that with the birth of her son, Jack, and the death of one of the band's lead audio engineers, Rich Caldwell, that she knew the true meaning of "Memento Mori" (the title of their second full-length album).

I keep listening to this song.Having a bit of trouble deciding how much I like it. I haven't listened to Vedera before if I remember right, but it does seem like Kristen could be trying to sing how Lacey did on the first album. I say that loosely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I here this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXi1dVphnis&hd=1

I like it. And the chick leaves the band. Don't recommend your favorite band to me, I'll ruin your life.

I was literally just listening to this. I don't know if it's my favorite song off the album or not, I really like Fire Fire and New Horizons too. I'm upset with Lacey leaving though, I've listened to Flyleaf for years off and on but this was the first time I was anticipating a new album from them. So, that sucks.

Anyway - another band I'm into with a female vocalist - waiting for their next music video, Icon for Hire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_S9VvJM1PI

• 2 weeks later...

Just starting to use this site again. :)

I recently went to see Slash w/ Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators in concert at Atlantic city House of Blues. It was amazing. Slash is a God, and Kennedy is far superior to Axl Rose. Had a drunk chick pass out on me twice, almost got in a fight over the opening bands (one of them was led by a gay singer. The jackass near me wouldn't let the poor guy go 2 seconds without being called a *Censored*). It was just awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently went to see Slash w/ Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators in concert at Atlantic city House of Blues. It was amazing. Slash is a God, and Kennedy is far superior to Axl Rose. Had a drunk chick pass out on me twice, almost got in a fight over the opening bands (one of them was led by a gay singer. The jackass near me wouldn't let the poor guy go 2 seconds without being called a *Censored*). It was just awesome.

Slash isn't real.

Slash isn't real.

The only fake member of Guns N Roses was Axl Rose. (That is, if there is any type of justice in the world.)

Archived