The Rock Music Thread

Ernez

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed the self-titled album. I like how this sounds like every major label album they've done rolled into one song. It has the energy of Is a Real Boy, the heaviness In Defense of the Genre Had, and has a hook like songs like that on their self-titled album. I was prepared to be disspointed, but I was really impressed. Can't wait to hear more from the album.

Has anyone on here other than myself listened to Slash's live - Made in Stoke album?

Coming from someone who has experienced Slash's live show, I have to say it's an amazing album and a must buy. Myles Kennedy was a great choice for vocals.

I need some new rock music. Aside from Foo Fighters and music from old bands that have reunited (Soundgarden etc), I don't like any of the new rock of today that's played on the radio. For example, I don't like the new Seether song. And I thought the return single for Blink 182 was pretty average.

As of late, I've been listening to Silverchair's "Frogstomp" album a lot. Same with the Offspring's "Americana".

I need some new rock music. Aside from Foo Fighters and music from old bands that have reunited (Soundgarden etc), I don't like any of the new rock of today that's played on the radio. For example, I don't like the new Seether song. And I thought the return single for Blink 182 was pretty average.

As of late, I've been listening to Silverchair's "Frogstomp" album a lot. Same with the Offspring's "Americana".

Built to spill

Radiohead

Smashing Pumpkins

Blur

Oasis

Explosions in the sky

Dinosaur Jr

STP

Our Lady Peace

Mother love bone

Band of horses

Brad

Satchel

The Dandy Warhols

The Pixies

Feeder

Filter

Built to spill

Radiohead

Smashing Pumpkins

Blur

Oasis

Explosions in the sky

Dinosaur Jr

STP

Our Lady Peace

Mother love bone

Band of horses

Brad

Satchel

The Dandy Warhols

The Pixies

Feeder

Filter

All the ones crossed out are the ones I got music of on my computer. I LOVE the Doolittle album by the Pixies. Sucks I couldn't go see them when they were here in Christchurch either last year or in 2009.

Built to spill

Radiohead

Smashing Pumpkins

Blur

Oasis

Explosions in the sky

Dinosaur Jr

STP

Our Lady Peace

Mother love bone

Band of horses

Brad

Satchel

The Dandy Warhols

The Pixies

Feeder

Filter

All the ones crossed out are the ones I got music of on my computer. I LOVE the Doolittle album by the Pixies. Sucks I couldn't go see them when they were here in Christchurch either last year or in 2009.

I saw them for the doolittle tour, sucks to be you. Mother Love Bones is in fact Pearl Jam with another singer. If you like the pixies, you should check out built to spill. They are a major part of the indie scene of the 90s, and so is Dino Jr.

Here's what you should check

Built to spill - Keep it like a secret

Explosions in the sky - The earth is not a cold dead place

Dinosaur Jr - Where you been?

Mother Love Bone - Stardog Champion

Band of horses - Everything all the time

Brad - Shame

Satchel - EDC

Feeder - Polythene

Built to spill

Radiohead

Smashing Pumpkins

Blur

Oasis

Explosions in the sky

Dinosaur Jr

STP

Our Lady Peace

Mother love bone

Band of horses

Brad

Satchel

The Dandy Warhols

The Pixies

Feeder

Filter

I saw them for the doolittle tour, sucks to be you. Mother Love Bones is in fact Pearl Jam with another singer. If you like the pixies, you should check out built to spill. They are a major part of the indie scene of the 90s, and so is Dino Jr.

Here's what you should check

Built to spill - Keep it like a secret

Explosions in the sky - The earth is not a cold dead place

Dinosaur Jr - Where you been?

Mother Love Bone - Stardog Champion

Band of horses - Everything all the time

Brad - Shame

Satchel - EDC

Feeder - Polythene

I second Band of Horses, most underrated band these guys put out fantastic music. Also on the flip side of things they're actually classy guys who are true musicians.

Also Ewok when you check out Mother Love Bone Youtube "Pearl Jam - Crown of Thorns" They covered probably MLBs best song it's a good little Pj extra to have.

Archived