The Metal Thread

Ernez

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Need help finding a Death Metal band from Europe

I had it on my computer before but i deleted it now i can’t remember the band name. I know they play Modern Death Metal or Old School Death Metal. Its not any of the well know bands this band has been around for like maybe 13 years.

While searching for Skyrim mods on YouTube, I came across this awesome song/video. What made it strange was the fact that it wasn't in the suggestion side bar... it was the advertisement! They should post these ads more often!!

WARNING: Very graphic.

6 more bands have been confirmed for MDF XII!

MY DYING BRIDE (UK) - Exclusive US appearance and first US show since 1997

THE CHURCH OF PUNGENT STENCH (Austria) - Exclusive US appearance. Playing an old school setlist of material from their first EP and first 3 albums.

HOODED MENACE (Finland)

ULCERATE (New Zealand)

BÖLZER (Switzerland) - Exclusive US appearance

WINDHAND

Updated list of confirmed bands:

ASPHYX (Netherlands)

AT THE GATES (Sweden)

BÖLZER (Switzerland)

BONGRIPPER

CANCER (UK)

CANDLEMASS (Sweden)

THE CHURCH OF PUNGENT STENCH (Austria)

CROWBAR

DEATH TOLL 80K (Finland)

DIOCLETIAN (New Zealand)

EXCRUCIATING TERROR

EXTINCTION OF MANKIND (UK)

GOD MACABRE (Sweden)

GORGUTS (Canada)

GRAVES AT SEA

HEMDALE

HOODED MENACE (Finland)

MACHETAZO (Spain)

MGLA (Poland)

MY DYING BRIDE (UK)

NOCTURNUS A.D.

SACRIFICE (Canada)

SARKE (Norway)

SOILENT GREEN

SOLSTAFIR (Iceland)

TAAKE (Norway)

TANKARD (Germany)

ULCERATE (New Zealand)

ULVER (Norway)

UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS (UK)

UNHOLY GRAVE (Japan)

UNLEASHED (Sweden)

WINDHAND

WITCHRIST (New Zealand)

That's pretty excellent that My Dying Bride is going to be there! Ulcerate is a big addition too in the death department.

Pretty solid looking lineup... still about half of those bands I'm not too familiar with. Ah but that's the thing about metal,you can know a million bands and there are a million more out there.

I'm not into Industrial Metal but for Doom Metal sone of my favourites are Thergothon "Stream From The Heavens" (more Funeral Doom), Cathedral "Forest of Equilibrium" (a bit more traditional doom, roots from Black Sabbath), Mournful Congregation "The Monad Of Creation" (a bit more Funeral Doom but a little bit more melodic), Worship "Last Tape/CD Before Doomsday".

Can anyone recommend any good Industrial and Doom Metal? Thanks. :)

I used to be a member of VampireFreaks and they've got quite a few Industrial Metal bands on there. It's just a matter of searching though. Here's a few that I've always liked (by the way, their music players are all set to auto play):

Metallica: ‘Bands could buy our leftover riffs. We have spares…’
Scott Rowley at 11:01am October 21 2013

Lars Ulrich says Metallica have discussed making riffs left unused after each album recording session available for other bands to pick via an eBay-style website.

The drummer revealed the idea speaking to The National in Abu Dhabi where he also insists the legendary metallers are not avoiding making another record.

He says: “We have more riffs than we know what to do with. We talked about setting up a special riff thing, where maybe we could share some of these riffs with others, like an eBay kind of thing for leftover riffs. Some of them are actually quite decent, but we won’t be able to use all of them.”

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/metallica-bands-could-buy-our-leftover-riffs-we-have-more-than-we-can-handle/

Seriously, from the bottom of my heart, *Censored* you Lars.

Archived