The Metal Thread

Ernez

Since the other Metal Thread die because whoever made it didn't know his Metal. Talk about bands such as Slayer,Hammerfall,Anthrax,Iron Maiden, Death,Testament,Autopsy,Dragonforce,Metallica,Vader,Nuclear Assault,The Crown,Children of Bodom,Firewind,Kreator, Marduk and other Metal bands.

Metalcore (The Good Bands) is welcome too.

No Non Metal/Nu-Metal/Emocore bands (A7X,SOAD,Linkin Park,Slipknot,Disturbed,Korn,Papa Roach, etc)

No Rob Zombie (His solo stuff is not Metal)

(Assaultdriver720's post above)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long live the new metal thred!

OK, So who's your favourite band to see live?

Mine is Iron Maiden, I've seen them twice and both times gave me goosebumps.

Second would have to be Machine Head, They played everything so clean and i'd really like to see them again.

Rammstein (at Sonisphere - Knebworth 2010) and Metallica (at Sonisphere - Knebworth 2011). Out of the two of them, Rammstein was my favourite but Metallica were great too, even without The Big 4/Am I Evil, they were amazing.

No doubt somebody will quote me saying "Rammstein aren't metal" but meh.....

That tour was Obscura, Septic Flesh, Devin Townsend Project and Children of Bodom. I saw that tour in NYC in July, Septic Flesh was playing so hard and fast that there set got cut short due to the power going out.

Ha! Damn. I'd love to go to one of their shows, especially if they tour with my man HevyDevy again!

Whoa, new metal thread already!

I've got an idea to help kick this off. "Bands who (for whatever reason) didn't get to fully enjoy the success of a genre they helped create" Now it doesn't necessarily have to be the absolute first muthaf&ckers to pioneer a genre. But it should be a band or artist that acted as some sort of progenitor by contributing to or innovating or advancing one of metal's subgenres; and while they may get mad respect from their fans, their general notoriety is lower than it ought to be.

I'll start with one of my all time favs. At the Gates. They dropped four albums before they first disbanded around 96. The first two were straight death metal. First album had bad production, (which they'll even admit to) but the second one was solid though. Then they defined the Gothenburg sound on their third and fourth efforts. Though they've borrowed stylistically from other metal bands like Carcass and other genres of rock... ATG basically dropped just two melodeth albums, but they served to inspire about 15 million bands to imitate them. They reunited and still tour and do enjoy some of the success of the genre, but they don't really write new stuff unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJme5uubkyQ

moar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubEEaIHq6rg&feature=related

Next up... who could forget the founding fathers of adding groovy bass lines to thrash metal? Well unfortunately the answer is many, many people forgot about Exhorder. Not here, but in general I mean. In fact, if you click on the vid here... the first comment is someone saying they are a Pantera fan and they just found out about Exhorder a half hour ago... I wish I was making that up.... seriously lolz.

Archived