MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then again, we've seen people getting dominated by GSP before. Sure, Nick is a good boxer and uses body shots very well but one thing is having your opponent standing up and trade punches with him and another thing is having an opponent that will take you down and keep you down when he has the chance. GSP won't stand and trade with Nick Díaz and that's very bad for Nick, as seen in his fight with Condit.

What are the chances of that lol. Im going with the safe bet and going to say GSP got this. The only person I feel can beat GsP in the division dont wont make me thinking extremely hard how is Carlos Condit. I know MMA is a sport of chance but some guys just look like they can't be stoppped. Of course their is the chance someone has that Chael like moment here they completley dominate them but how often is that.

Also what are you guys opinion on Alistair Overreem (sp)

Also what are you guys opinion on Alistair Overreem (sp)

Overeem is a good striker as his win of the 2010 K1 World Grand Prix can tell you but he's entering a place filled with monsters in the UFC heavyweight division. You have people like Caín Velásquez and Junior Dos Santos who are insanely tough to hang with, people like Minotauro Noguiera, Frank Mir and Fabricio Werdum who are top tier grapplers and even possible new additions like Daniel Cormier and Josh Barnett can add some spice into the mix. Overeem is pretty good but he has to be on top of his game every time he enters the octagon if he wants to live up to his potential.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^I would not say all that lol but After Looking at Struve's xray one hit may be all it takes for anyone with Hunt. But....

I think JDS will come in this bout looking to show some of the BJJ people talk about but have never seen. And if he does jndeed have the BJJ that is advertised and can truly take this foght to the ground We all know Hunt is in trouble. I also think JDS Striking is way better than Hunt's and he has a Awesome chin aswell (which probs don't mean shit against Hunt) so he could eat shots but i'n sure JDS won't try to Stand and throw with him will look to pock his spots and grind him down for a TKO Hunt is good JDS is better.

I'm not disagreeing that JDS is clearly better than Hunt, but this is the HW division. Just about everyone has glaring weaknesses and gasses easily. I'd just not be shocked to see Hunt win to be honest.

Oh my bad but yeah I agree. I think Cormier if he was to stay at HW Could dominate least amount of holes in his game in the division I would think.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived