Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ernez

MMA General Discussion Thread

Sticking with Punk on this.

Not gonna be the guy who casts him off just because he doesn't seem like he should win. He's proven everyone wrong in every turn up to this moment...so I'm willing to put my faith in him to keep doing it.

What's he proved everyone wrong with? That he's finally getting in the octagon?

Yeah for real man.People have only been saying he doesn't have what it takes to be in the UFC and so far he hasn't proven them wrong based on the training videos we have seen.

What's he proved everyone wrong with? That he's finally getting in the octagon?

People said he wouldn't train hard. He's trained full steam.

People said he would give up when he realized how hard it is. He hasn't.

People said his training would show that he couldn't do it. He's actually made people submit in training.

People said he wouldn't make weight. He made weight.

He's literally been proving people wrong every step of the way...

I'm really not saying that I realistically think Punk will win...I wouldn't put a huge bet down on him or anything. But the man has had small victories all along the way. I have enough respect for him in what he is attempting to do, to fully support his debut. I think it's shitty to just write him off. He's a work in progress.

Him taping that dude on that show looked so staged, that choke wasn't even in.

Mmmmmkay...

Changing the subject from Punk...

Is anyone watching Glory or Titan?

Edited by Generations

CB Dalloway pulled out of his fight last night, so at midnight Donald Cerrone told Dana that he wanted to take that fight even though hes fighting Lawler coming up in a few months.

What time will punk's fight be on?

There's no way of knowing this...even if they give a projected placement on the card, fights happen sooner or later, for obvious reasons...

What time will punk's fight be on?

Its the second fight so the latest it will start will probably be 10:25-10:30ish. Thats if the first fight goes the full 15 minutes.

EDIT: Its actually the third fight so maybe after 11 the latest.

I'm really not saying that I realistically think Punk will win...I wouldn't put a huge bet down on him or anything. But the man has had small victories all along the way. I have enough respect for him in what he is attempting to do, to fully support his debut. I think it's shitty to just write him off. He's a work in progress.

Him taping that dude on that show looked so staged, that choke wasn't even in.

Mmmmmkay...

Changing the subject from Punk...

Is anyone watching Glory or Titan?

I watched glory last night. I prefer kick boxing more I think.

Watching these Embedded's and man Gall is talking alot of shit to the cameras but being nice to Punks face. Kid should have kinda chilled out. Might be putting too much pressure on himself.

Watching these Embedded's and man Gall is talking alot of shit to the cameras but being nice to Punks face. Kid should have kinda chilled out. Might be putting too much pressure on himself.

And he got so butthurt when Punk refused to shake his hand at the weigh-in. Which is why I don't see Punk winning as an impossibility. He's already playing this kid. That's a bigger part of things than people realize.

Either way, it's like Punk said...in the end, he came into an industry and showed complete respect to the sport and its performers. Gall acted like a cocky kid...and at sometime down the road, Gall might regret acting the way he has. Not necessarily through a loss to Punk, or anyone else...just in coming of age and realizing that he started off his career on the wrong foot.

Edited by Generations