MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

Was watching Sportscenter with my dad and they were doing UFC 200 coverage. My dad who never watched MMA knows who Lesnar is thinks Lesnar is going to win until the show Hunts KO's of Struve, Mir, and Nelson to which he responded really quietly. "Oh shit..."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I don't understand how DC gets booed for bringing Silva to the mat, when they stood and traded he was clearly outmatch. Meanwhile Brock and Hunt stare at each other for two minutes before Brock takes down Hunt and lays on him not doing any real damage and hes cheered. Also people are already calling for Brock to get a title shot. Stupid idiots.

So im assuming Pena gets the next title shot or do they wait to see what Holly does? Do you also rush Cain to face the winner of Stipe and Overeem or give him another fight inbetween?

New UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is a very busy man, and his schedule just got even more crowded. Speaking to Fox Sports 1 on the UFC 200 post-fight show, UFC President Dana White announced that Bisping's first defense will most likely come opposite former Pride champ Dan Henderson.

The news, unsurprisingly, has been met with mixed reactions.

Henderson's third UFC run has been an absolute rollercoaster, featuring epic battles, devastating knockouts and difficult-to-watch losses. Though Henderson is coming off an electrifying knockout win over Hector Lombard at UFC 199, where the shocked the world by winning with a headkick into a reverse elbow combination, he owns a subpar 3-6 record since 2013.

Despite the fact that his overall body of work is amazing, having won the UFC 17 tournament, the Rings King of Kings tournament in 1999, two championships in Pride and the Strikeforce light heavyweight title, his recent struggles and advanced age (he turns 46 in August) theoretically should disqualify him from a title shot in 2016.

That said, one of Henderson's greatest highlights is his UFC 100 win over Bisping, where he famously knocked his rival The Ultimate Fighter coach out cold with a blistering right hand, and leaped into a massive right hand. That fight follows both men to this day, and it's easy to see why fans would remain interested in the matchup, and why the UFC would see dollar signs around it.

While White didn't offer exact dates, he indicated that the fight may take place in Bisping's hometown of Manchester, England. Fox Sports' Damon Martin went a step further and indicated that the fight would take place in October.

https://twitter.com/DamonMartin/status/752022239906705408

Of course, White's word is by no means a guarantee. There is a real chance a completely different fight is announced in the coming weeks.

Still, fans of Japanese MMA have cause to be excited. Pride, it seems, never dies.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2651235-michael-bisping-vs-dan-henderson-2-announced-following-ufc-200

Hendo? It should be Jacaré, but whatever.

LAS VEGAS -- Has Brock Lesnar quieted that little voice in his head that told him he needed to step back into the Octagon one more time? Or will the former UFC heavyweight champion's unanimous decision victory over Mark Hunt Saturday night at UFC 200 be the start of something bigger?

The man himself played it coy when he held his own personal press conference outside T-Mobile Arena.

"Brock Lesnar does what Brock Lesnar wants to do," Lesnar said. "I believe that my future is already laid out for the next month."

That's a reference to the WWE's upcoming SummerSlam event, where Lesnar will soon return to the world of scripted mayhem. Lesnar is believed to be under contract to the WWE for two more years, but a special arrangement between the WWE and UFC enabled Lesnar to fight Hunt. Lesnar's going to let that play out before he thinks much more about his fighting future.

"Once the dust settles there, I don't know what I'm going to do," Lesnar said. "I had one hell of a time tonight, and I enjoyed myself, so we'll see what happens."

In the meantime, Lesnar understands what he accomplished by coming back after a near-five-year MMA layoff and defeating a top-10 ranked opponent in Hunt.

"I've been gone five years, I step into the octagon tonight, a guy ranked No. 8 in the world," Lesnar said. "You can write what you want to write, but I think I'm the toughest son of a b***h, and it puts me right in the game. Granted, I've got some work to do, but don't we all? If I want to make that decision to keep fighting, I will."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/10/12138734/whats-next-after-beating-mark-hunt-brock-lesnar-does-what-brock

I don't watch MMA much unless something really interests me but I saw the last 3 matches. DC vs Silva was meh. Brock vs Hunt was okay. I just really wanted a knockout as a finish instead, Brock did pretty good. And Tate vs Nunes was fun just for the upset and quick end. Man, Tate got embarrassed. BW title getting hot potatoed.

I don't know much, but when Rousey returns, who does she face ?

Tate makes the most sense assuming Holms wins her next fight. Nunes took zero damage so she can fight again fairly quickly if Holms and takes no damage they can probably fight before the end of the year with Tate and Rousey as a title eliminator.

EDIT: Totally forgot about Pena. Honestly she should be the next title fight.

I don't watch MMA much unless something really interests me but I saw the last 3 matches. DC vs Silva was meh. Brock vs Hunt was okay. I just really wanted a knockout as a finish instead, Brock did pretty good. And Tate vs Nunes was fun just for the upset and quick end. Man, Tate got embarrassed. BW title getting hot potatoed.

I don't know much, but when Rousey returns, who does she face ?

Ha! More like IF she ever returns

Below is UFC 200 post fight footage of Dana White speaking out on the event, which he described as “ok.”

When asked if Brock Lesnar will fight again in the UFC after his victory over Mark Hunt, White said that Brock is under contract with WWE but “you could tell that Brock really likes fighting.” He said that another fight depends on what Lesnar can work out with Vince McMahon.

On Ronda Rousey’s current UFC status, White said he would like to see the former Champion fight again this year, but that it could be early next year. White added Rousey will face whoever is champion when she returns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiC_voT2kTY

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/727193-dana-white-on-ronda-rousey

Archived