MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His lawyer managed to get the attempted murder charge dropped, but Silva still faces 2 aggravated assault charges and 1 count of resisting arrest.

Dana White has stated that his UFC contract has been terminated, and that he'll never fight in the UFC again.

According to Ariel Helwani Gilber Melendez might be done in the UFC because hes being tough during contract talks. White said hes done with the talks and if he doesn't make a deal soon he will have to go elsewhere.

Overeem was offered two different fights against JDS and declined both which is really upsetting.

I hope Gilbert re-signs. He's on the verge of becoming champion, and he'll have a permanent place on the roster with the way he fights.

If I were Overeem, I'd want none of JdS either. That fight wouldn't last a round, let alone 5.

As for that Filipino Wrecking Ball video, it's one of the many reasons I look forward to the World MMA Awards. Best MMA-related skits I've seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Gilbert signed with Bellator and Cesar Gracie implied that some others may follow him. I personally hope that Gil's teammates follow him because I don't like anyone from that camp.

UFC has matched Bellator's offer and now he's coaching TUF 20 against Anthony Pettis.

That's disappointing. I was looking forward to TUF 20 big time, but I don't know if I can stand watching Gilbert's camp as coaches each week. Also, that means the super fight is clearly off which sucks. Finally I don't believe Gil deserves a title shot. Since his last title fight he's only had the one win against Diego, which while a good fight doesn't mean he deserves the title fight.

Hahaha, today is a good day. Apparently Vitor was told not to apply for a license in order to avoid a suspension. Guess we won't be seeing much more of TRTor.

Oh, and just to update, the Brazilian commission has also banned TRT.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived