MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to try and give an in-depth look at Miesha Tate ( one of my favorites ).

First things first. She needs to look at herself in the mirror and realize she needs to dump that whole team of hers. All of them are complete morons. I think I heard her bf after the 2nd Round saying " She's breaking, Miesha". Dafaq!? He and the others should've been telling her to stop trying to shoot and grapple for God's sake. My heart just sanked in my stomach right then and there because I knew it was over. She's an reflection of her team... That has an fight IQ of an orange. But I'm confident she'll turn it around quick if she makes the necessary changes.

Here's why:

7u4vXgj.png

As you can see, she's more than capable from bouncing back from loses. This time though, her metal is going to be tested from this heartbreaker. She's probably going to drop all the way to 9th - 10th in the WMMA rankings. That means it would be even sweeter when she gets another shot someday. She will climb that mountain again and hopefully earn that handshake from her rival ( even though lasting 3 rounds with an Olympian is more than enough to get mass respect from fans ).

Grading her overall:

Stand-up Strikes: B-
Stand-up Shooting/Grappling: C+
Takedown Ability: C+

Ground & Pound: B-
Submission Game: B
Chin: A

Conditioning: C
Heart: A+

Pretty much solid all-round.

Comparing her to Ronda Rousey:

Stand-up Strikes: B-
Stand-up Shooting/Grappling: A+
Takedown Ability: A+
Ground & Pound: B+
Submission Game: A+

Chin: A-

Heart: A+

Superior intangibles

As you can see again, Tate has a lot of improving to do. Hope she can get pass this. I'm going to make sure I keep up with her career. Never thought in a million years I'll be this enthusiastic about WMMA. Last nights PPV definitely has me sold.

Thinking about doing one of these for Uriah Hall, but I want to wait a few more fights with tougher opponents before I decide to.

• 2 weeks later...

WSOF proposed a card too:

Tyrone Spong vs. Quinton Jackson

Anthony Johnson vs. Attila Vegh

Andrei Arlovski vs. Vitaly Minakov

Marlon Moraes vs. Eduardo Dantas

Yushin Okami vs. Alexander Shlemenko

Rousimar Palhares vs. Douglas Lima

Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Chandler

Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Daniel Straus

Jon Fitch vs. Rick Hawn

David Branch vs. Brett Cooper

• 2 weeks later...

She also tore her hamstring as well. Dana seems to think she could be out for up to 2 years. It's a pretty interesting story as well because Pena told Dana that it was a malicious attack by a training partner during training, while her gym is claiming it was just a freak accident.

Yeah, he posted about a week ago that he didn't want to wrestle. I'll go out of my way to see his fight.

In other news, Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is returning to the UFC at 205 to face Phil Davis at UFC 172. Should be a good fight.

Looks like Thiago Silva won't be fighting for a long time. Apparently he was in a stand-off with a SWAT team. Here are the details:

- Silva found out his wife was having an affair;

- Silva goes to his wife's self-defense school, threatening students in the process;

- Silva, armed with an AK-47, takes his wife hostage;

- SWAT team shows up, Silva turns himself in eventually.

Needless to say, he's most probably done.

Archived