MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a reason why the UFC is giving that free is that their UFC on FOX cards haven't gotten the expected numbers and they're pretty much giving PPV quality fights to get ratings going. Then again, maybe the put Bendo/Díaz to headline the card because they might not pull enough PPV buys but that's just an opinion of mine.

I think a reason why the UFC is giving that free is that their UFC on FOX cards haven't gotten the expected numbers and they're pretty much giving PPV quality fights to get ratings going. Then again, maybe the put Bendo/Díaz to headline the card because they might not pull enough PPV buys but that's just an opinion of mine.

Given their lack of good draws available at the moment they'd have put the LW fight on PPV if FOX didn't want better/bigger fights on the show. All my opinion of course, but wouldn't be shocked if that was the case.

I think he knows Machida had his number last time and if he Gets past Henderson Machida will have evn more knowledge on him and better prep. Which means bad news for Jones. ( totally biased comments )

Even Dana forgot for a second that Jones has to fight Henderson. Going o be crazy if he comes out with the W.

That's the thing. Jon Jones is starting to overlook Dan Henderson and that's the last thing you should do when you're facing someone like him. He called Henderson a one trick pony, he's already complaining for a fight he might not even get and he engaged in arguments with Chael Sonnen. All of this along with the DUI and the Nike deal can take Jones' focus out of the fight and give Henderson more than a chance to win (I said "win", not "land the H Bomb").

I figured that why Chael Sonnen was talking shit to Jones, to take him of his game for Henderson. I know Henderson is one of the few people Sonnen actually respects.

They train together in Team Quest. Something has to give.

Henderson and Sonnen? Honestly if it came down to it, i believe they would fight each other.

• 1 month later...

Anyone see Rampage on the MMA Hour? Im about 43 minutes in and im starting to love Rampage. Dude is truthful. And now hes ripping Jon Jones as a fake.

They also talked about how Mitrione texted Rampage and asked for a fight Rampage got mad and Mitrione called in. Shit is getting heated and Rampage is proposing winner takes all purse, sponosers, bounses and all.

• 3 weeks later...

From Shields:

"To my friends, fans and the UFC,

Prior to my professional bout at UFC 150 in Denver, Colorado, I used a substance prohibited by Colorado Boxing Commission rules.

This was a mistake that I fully regret. I have shared this issue with my family and the UFC and I have apologized to them and now I also apologize to you, the fans. I promise this will never occur again in my fighting career.

I accept the Boxing Commission's decision for a six-month suspension, which will expire in February. I ask that you accept my apology. I will be back fighting soon, and hope that the fans of MMA will support me until that time."

Archived