MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

The WWE will have no issue with current Universal Champion Brock Lesnar fighting for the UFC, according to UFC head, Dana White.

In a statement, White said Lesnar keeps Vince McMahon well informed with all his plans.

The Beast made a return to UFC at UFC 226, in an altercation with Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier.

Brock is currently in the process of entering the USADA and is current suspending, after testing positive for drugs in his match at UFC 200.

If allowed, Lesnar would be able to fight from January at the earliest.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/53214/Will-WWE-Have-An-Issue-With-Brock-Lesnar-Working/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lesnar gets bullshit treatment...and it's getting old (even for me as a former Lesnar fan). I mean...Lesnar could fail USADA testing for UFC, and still perform for WWE. That's where he's at, IMO...which is shit. He was entertaining as a scumbag gimmick...but he's becoming more of a real scumbag every day. Failed PED tests shouldn't be rewarded. Didn't that already happen? When he failed the test following the Hunt fight...I think he might have got a 30 day suspension from WWE...but they literally didn't punish him at all otherwise. He came back to have the longest title reign ever (more bullshit).

DC got away with like 3 eyepokes and not a single point deduction.

Of course, points wouldn't even matter, since he got the finish anyway.

Stupid outlook that. You may as well go for the eyepokes straight off the bat to get an adventage to disorientate your opponent.

DC got away with like 3 eyepokes and not a single point deduction.

Of course, points wouldn't even matter, since he got the finish anyway.

Stupid outlook that. You may as well go for the eyepokes straight off the bat to get an adventage to disorientate your opponent.

Some people do...and some people win that way. Wouldn't call it stupid. Shitty, absolutely...but not stupid. If you're already losing on points, and you have weak values, then sure...being dirty can help you KO or submit someone. Happens a shitload of the time in boxing.

The reason why people don't do it from the start, is because you can be DQ'd for it...but if you can get away with it, then it might be worth the risk if you're already losing on points. Once you are in a position where you aren't winning anyway...then the only thing keeping you from doing it is self-respect. And I don't think I need to explain how shitty most people actually are...

Anyway, it's a case-to-case basis. Cormier probably gets a pass for the exact reason that he doesn't seem like a guy who would do it on purpose. Maybe he did do it on purpose...but he doesn't have a persona that makes that seem likely, so he gets a pass. And unless he outright gets DQ'd, he's never at risk of losing, unless he fails to win in the end.

I don't know if if he's "dirty"...but he's never been one to shy away from taking a cheap win. Most of his fights I can recall have involved him just laying on people and trying to keep the action from going anywhere. Again...that's why he succeeds where others fail. DC has never been a fan favorite in my understanding. He's too safe. If he's willing to take that safeness to the level of outright cheap or dirty tactics...I don't know. Maybe.

I don't know if if he's "dirty"...but he's never been one to shy away from taking a cheap win. Most of his fights I can recall have involved him just laying on people and trying to keep the action from going anywhere. Again...that's why he succeeds where others fail. DC has never been a fan favorite in my understanding. He's too safe. If he's willing to take that safeness to the level of outright cheap or dirty tactics...I don't know. Maybe.

I wouldn't call that trying to keep the action from going anywhere. DC usually constantly keeps pressure while he's on top of his opponent. Both Rumble fights he literally pummels Rumble in the face and eventually finishes the fight with a RNC. I have no problem with this because he's well in his right to do it without breaking the rules.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im going to do something illegal so i can get a UFC title shot.

Interim tho. He never lost his belt.

Also, it goes without saying that there is a lot more to this than some random UFC guy doing something illegal to get a title shot. McGregor is undisputedly one of the best in the world. And then you factor in how much of a circus UFC has become anyway, and this is hardly the most surprising thing.

I came back just in time for the only fights I wanted to see, lol.

DJ vs. Cejudo was *censored*ing great. Felt like it was gonna be the typical DJ fight everyone's familiar with, but nope. It's dope that Cejudo isn't wasting time trying to get that *censored*ing paycheck, even though that big champion vs. champion money fight should have been set a long time ago between Johnson and Dillashaw, lol. It's a shame DJ was too pussy to fight TJ. Some say he declined because he wanted to continue his streak, but I think that's only part of the reason, lol.

TJ vs. Cody went exactly how I expected. I can't say I'm a fan of either guy, tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

The UFC television situation is a goddamn mess, I swear. I watched the fight pass exclusives yesterday...then went to watch the televised prelims/main card, and FS1 had baseball on instead. *censored*ing joke, I swear. And it wasn't even that baseball ran overtime or something. They just double booked that shit.

I can almost bet this is how WWE on Fox is going to be as well...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nah UFC has to own up that is the circus that created. They let Conor do what ever he pleases he tried to jump Khabib before his title fight and got rewarded with a title fight. You can't be racist towards a dude, talk shit about his family, and his life and not expect him to be pissed. UFC let it all happen. Its the Conor McGregor show.

Nah UFC has to own up that is the circus that created. They let Conor do what ever he pleases he tried to jump Khabib before his title fight and got rewarded with a title fight.

Big difference is the setting. You can't start a *censored*ing brawl in a stadium after you win. Like...why did he even do that? McGregor smashed a bus window in a lot. Khabib won a fight, then started a *censored*ing brawl. Fans in attendance could have been injured or worse. McGregor got fined for his shit, as was the appropriate response. Khabib did far worse, and the punishment should be far worse.

Archived