MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are plenty of smaller MMA promotions that are still respectable. He will probably just go to one of those...probably not Bellator, but one of the ones that has a working relationship with UFC. Honestly though, I would keep Punk if I was UFC. He's still a draw...and now that the pressure is off him, he'd just make low card fights sell better. It's rare to get a mega star who knows he belongs in the low card and doesn't care. UFC should capitalize on that.

They were also spot-on with the lead up to Punk's debut and doing the whole mini documentary. Without that, I don't think his fight or interview would have been anywhere near as inspiring. Really helped turn his loss into a win for both guys...and the fans.

I didn't realize this.fight happened so soon. Saw a comment in an evolution of punk did that he lost so I check a highlights did and the "highlights" was the whole fight. Completely outmatched but he held on pretty well considering. Didn't see any interviews or anything but if he's serious about everything he's said, this.is the sport he wants to compete in and will probably compete in until his body.refuses to let him because he knows he's better than that. I still think Punk vs Jason David Frank would've been a better fight even though.the outcome more than likely would've been the same. To whoever made that Anaconda Vice statement, maaaan i was hoping for that too XD

He doesn't even have an ego in MMA, tbh. He's been very humble for months now...pretty much since the start of his training. Only time he was cocky, is when he refused to shake Gall's hand...

This whole Punk ego thing I feel it's just an exaggeration that got out of hand, I really don't get it.

Not sure if this was already posted:

Damn, MVP looks old as shit.

So its seems like Dana is already nixing the possiblity of Punk fighting in the UFC again and Punk said he would only actually fight in the UFC so i guess that his career in MMA is done. Im hoping that him getting the reaction when "Cult of Personality" hit reignites that itch for him. I wasn't even cheering for Punk and i got goosebumps when his theme hit. He needs to come home. Joe, Sami, Owens, Swagsuke are all here waiting for him.

In other news Robbie Lawler pulled out of his fight with Donald Cerrone at UFC 205 and i cried myself to sleep last night.

So its seems like Dana is already nixing the possiblity of Punk fighting in the UFC again and Punk said he would only actually fight in the UFC so i guess that his career in MMA is done. Im hoping that him getting the reaction when "Cult of Personality" hit reignites that itch for him. I wasn't even cheering for Punk and i got goosebumps when his theme hit. He needs to come home. Joe, Sami, Owens, Swagsuke are all here waiting for him.

I didn't hear Punk ever say this. In fact, I heard that his coach predicts that he will do some Jiu Jitsu tournaments or something.

– Dana White previously stated that Ronda Rousey will fight UFC bantamweight Champion Amanda Nunes and that it may happen in 2016.

According to Fox Sports, Rousey has been offered a bantamweight title fight with Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 on December 30th. At this time, no bout agreements have been issued and negotiations are ongoing. UFC 207 will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

http://411mania.com/mma/ronda-rousey-reportedly-offered-a-title-shot-at-ufc-207/

I honestly don't agree with Rousey getting a title shot. Maybe UFC is becoming a joke afterall. The Punk and Lesnar stuff was fine, IMO. Lesnar was already established in UFC, and Punk only wanted to fight a rookie. Nothing too upsetting in either case. But Rousey lost the belt the last time we saw her, and she's been absent ever since (for almost a year). This title shot is nothing short of favoritism and in the vein of UFC looking for a redemption story that they can sell.

Archived