MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

Now go home Punk, be with AJ, and don't ever come back. Two years for two minutes of ring time, way to waste UFC's money and effort to try and turn you into something you are not. And now no one should question that Brock is the real deal, Punk is just a pro wrestler and he never should have left WWE, now he's been humiliated and he better not use that as an excuse to try and come back to the WWE. Stay gone Punk.

I don't like Punk but if you think UFC lost money on this, you're crazy.

Edit: Deleted your post as well, we don't talk about illegal streams here.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go on record and give Punk credit. He's not weak, he's not soft, this simply isn't his profession. He took a beating for years in the wrestling ring and then decided to give MMA a shot not really knowing much, only knowing that he might get his head kicked off and he still went for it. Hopefully if he fights again this time he will have a better outcome.

That fight reminded me of one of those episodes of that show where a bully would fight an mma guy for money if he could survive. But most times the bully was destroyed... Punk got destroyed. Like that was laughable. Credit Joe Rogan for trying to make it seem like he had a chance but wow. Good on you Gall, you just took down a hype train in a matter of minutes.

Bully Beatdown

That was a slaughter. Punk was completely outclassed in every way

Holy shit Werdum kicked one of Browne's trainers after the fight.

That was an intense moment. Tarverdyan shouldn't talk shit after the fight to Wedum, that's what happens.

I guess much like Ronda her coach does not see the kicks coming either.

Honestly...if anyone just for a second tries to give shit to CM Punk about being a "pussy" for quitting WWE, is just pussy and bitter man himself. Yeah, I've always been a fan, they way he left WWE was in my opinion very much ballsy, even so because most people don't have the balls to leave a place where they are misearble (gievn the option they have means to do that). Then after that you train 2 years after wrecking your body for 20 years for fans entertainment...for a real fight. He saw what Mickey could do, he wasn't oblivious nor to Mickey nor to himself, yet he still freaking went inside knew there is a huge possibility he will lose, and maybe in the fashion some would say...embarassing. Well if his life and actions are embarrassing, well...even more props to him.

Man, watching him makaing his entrance got me pumped, even so when BRUCE BUFFER said his name, you could see he was happy as hell... And for those saying he should have stayed home...you literally are saying it would be a smart move to not do a thing taht would make you extremely happy while not hurting anyone in the process...congratulations on being a shitty person.

Like it was said, CM Punk got maulled, he stood no chance, Mickey Gall will be a tremendous fighter if he doesn't get even more cocky and doesn't stray from a good path so far. It was actually sad to see him lose in this fashion yeah...but both men stayed classy untill the end. Huge props to both men.

About Punks speach at the end, well yeah, it was preachy, and usually I don't like that kind of "proove doubter wrong, don't give up" messages, but watching the mini documentary, and listening to those words after a loss such as that...all I can say is thank you. I know it's apples and oranges but...when you look all the proffessional careers from CM Punk and John Cena, who would you actually believe more?

Oh and props to my countryman Stipe :D

I got to say one thing...all those people in here that hate on Punk and give him shit even after the fight...Jeez you miserable bastards...

The only good thing that came out of this lose is that I got my hopes up about a return...which is selfish to think but oh well...

Anyway the post by Aono says it all about it but I gotta say three things:

-I got the craziest goosebumps when Cult of Personality hit

-I was so into it while it lasted..like I was rooting for him pretty hard..which makes it harder for me when he tapped...

-I felt gutted and I could see him holding back the tears .After 2 years of training for it to end like that

I got to say one thing...all those people in here that hate on Punk and give him shit even after the fight...Jeez you miserable bastards...

The only good thing that came out of this lose is that I got my hopes up about a return...which is selfish to think but oh well...

-I was so into it while it lasted..like I was rooting for him pretty hard..which makes it harder for me when he tapped...

-I felt gutted and I could see him holding back the tears .After 2 years of training for it to end like that

Same here man...like I like to watch all kinds of sports, but it's been years that I really rooted for someone like I did for him during that minute and a half. And when it was over, I think I even had those few seconds of denial...and I remebebered it's really not the sime like when someone loses in pro wrestling, there are no second chances like that there...made me even more gutted.

A lot of people ended up tapping or getting knocked out in 30 seconds or less in a UFC fight much less a debut so for that I give Punk a lot of respect for giving it all he could for longer than most expected him to.

Now Punk has this fight footage to look back on and use along with his trainers to learn from. To see all the things that went wrong and to work on correcting it so that he can last even longer the next time he fights.

Same here man...like I like to watch all kinds of sports, but it's been years that I really rooted for someone like I did for him during that minute and a half. And when it was over, I think I even had those few seconds of denial...and I remebebered it's really not the sime like when someone loses in pro wrestling, there are no second chances like that there...made me even more gutted.

I'm with both of you I was really rooting for punk, He came at Gall with a lot of bottle and I think he did well with his defence for a while, He had the balls to step inside and he'll be back trust me. Gall is way too talented for Punk, I'm going to go as far to say that Gall will be a champion in UFC at some point, which is why it was a miss match.

There is no shame in Punk losing to Gall whatsoever and the people who don't give him any credit are just hating, It's not like Punk walked in and tapped to the first technique Gall did, The guy Gall faced before punk lasted even less time in there than Punk, I don't see half the hate for that guy?

I'm with both of you I was really rooting for punk, He came at Gall with a lot of bottle and I think he did well with his defence for a while, He had the balls to step inside and he'll be back trust me. Gall is way too talented for Punk, I'm going to go as far to say that Gall will be a champion in UFC at some point, which is why it was a miss match.

There is no shame in Punk losing to Gall whatsoever and the people who don't give him any credit are just hating, It's not like Punk walked in and tapped to the first technique Gall did, The guy Gall faced before punk lasted even less time in there than Punk, I don't see half the hate for that guy?

Yeah cause he doesn't have the same exposure like Punk has....I still firmly believe that Punk gets so much hate cause he left the WWE..a thing that not many guys do...

Let's not forget that during and after the Summer of Punk he was top 3 on how much over a guy can be....and secondly he told the truth about WWE (with some stretches of course) and people live in denial about how much of a shitty company WWE is (myself included),which has been proved countless times by interviews of those gone from the company

Most of the guys that lose their fight or note even make it in MMA at whatever the age don't get the hate as CM Punk does. What about the guy that Gall beat in under a minute? Right, CM Punk is a duchebag "for quitting on WWE fans", serves him right to get the crap beat out of him...how dare he...

Lol at Dana, that was really cold. I don't get the comments tough, of course he is looking for his companys best interest and that if he is "friends" with CM Pun, it wouljd maybe be a right move for his MMA career to fight somewhere else...but the way he said it was just off kinda...

Most of the guys that lose their fight or note even make it in MMA at whatever the age don't get the hate as CM Punk does. What about the guy that Gall beat in under a minute? Right, CM Punk is a duchebag "for quitting on WWE fans", serves him right to get the crap beat out of him...how dare he...

Lol at Dana, that was really cold. I don't get the comments tough, of course he is looking for his companys best interest and that if he is "friends" with CM Pun, it wouljd maybe be a right move for his MMA career to fight somewhere else...but the way he said it was just off kinda...

Yeah..its kinda weird..Like he had some major expectations set for Punk

Now go home Punk, be with AJ, and don't ever come back. Two years for two minutes of ring time, way to waste UFC's money and effort to try and turn you into something you are not. And now no one should question that Brock is the real deal, Punk is just a pro wrestler and he never should have left WWE, now he's been humiliated and he better not use that as an excuse to try and come back to the WWE. Stay gone Punk.

Would think more people tuned in to watch the world title bout than they did CM Punk. The question is where do they go from here with him because even though he earned props for just stepping into the octagon, he did get beat soundly and it wasn't competitive at all. Don't know if UFC would really take another chance on him highlighting a PPV. Maybe they should have him just start fighting on regular TV to see if he can actually win a fight or two before putting him on PPV again.

Oh and for the record, I didn't illegally stream, I watched a replay. Wasn't a live stream.

I'm apologising for hogging this thread with only CM Punk fight but...

The dude actually started to tear up during the press conference.

Honestly, his life and yourney is the most inspiring that had connection with WWE in I don't how many years or ever. Don't get me wrong, there are some WWE superstars whos life and on stage perfermonaces could really excite me and I feel some kind of emotion, cus I've been watching it since i was a little kid, nad there are cool people there and some of their stories. But this is a unique one for sure.

Would think more people tuned in to watch the world title bout than they did CM Punk. The question is where do they go from here with him because even though he earned props for just stepping into the octagon, he did get beat soundly and it wasn't competitive at all. Don't know if UFC would really take another chance on him highlighting a PPV. Maybe they should have him just start fighting on regular TV to see if he can actually win a fight or two before putting him on PPV again.

Oh and for the record, I didn't illegally stream, I watched a replay. Wasn't a live stream.

The funny thing is that everyone made CM Punk out to be not what he was but more than it...People created this just to have an excuse to bitch for every possible outcome...And if you think that he got humiliated then I guess you are part of those people

Punk didn't get humiliated, what happened is what most MMA fans expected. He got out of the first submission attempt which was a decent escape, just Gall is a hell of a lot better than him. Throw Punk into some amateur fights and I bet you he does well. To be honest he had no business inside the octagon but I don't blame the guy for taking his chance.

Suppose this proves what Conor McGregor was saying about slapping the heads off the WWE roster. He would.

Exactly, he really didnt do terrible at all. Had decent defense...just couldn't cut it. Fight went about as well as I expected. Just felt obligated to support Punk through this. And I rhink it was a good outcome for both guys. Punk will keep fighting...and I think he will win at some point.

Where will that be though, because the UFC seems unlikely.

Archived