MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's he proved everyone wrong with? That he's finally getting in the octagon?

People said he wouldn't train hard. He's trained full steam.

People said he would give up when he realized how hard it is. He hasn't.

People said his training would show that he couldn't do it. He's actually made people submit in training.

People said he wouldn't make weight. He made weight.

He's literally been proving people wrong every step of the way...

I'm really not saying that I realistically think Punk will win...I wouldn't put a huge bet down on him or anything. But the man has had small victories all along the way. I have enough respect for him in what he is attempting to do, to fully support his debut. I think it's shitty to just write him off. He's a work in progress.

Him taping that dude on that show looked so staged, that choke wasn't even in.

Mmmmmkay...

Changing the subject from Punk...

Is anyone watching Glory or Titan?

I'm really not saying that I realistically think Punk will win...I wouldn't put a huge bet down on him or anything. But the man has had small victories all along the way. I have enough respect for him in what he is attempting to do, to fully support his debut. I think it's shitty to just write him off. He's a work in progress.

Him taping that dude on that show looked so staged, that choke wasn't even in.

Mmmmmkay...

Changing the subject from Punk...

Is anyone watching Glory or Titan?

I watched glory last night. I prefer kick boxing more I think.

Watching these Embedded's and man Gall is talking alot of shit to the cameras but being nice to Punks face. Kid should have kinda chilled out. Might be putting too much pressure on himself.

And he got so butthurt when Punk refused to shake his hand at the weigh-in. Which is why I don't see Punk winning as an impossibility. He's already playing this kid. That's a bigger part of things than people realize.

Either way, it's like Punk said...in the end, he came into an industry and showed complete respect to the sport and its performers. Gall acted like a cocky kid...and at sometime down the road, Gall might regret acting the way he has. Not necessarily through a loss to Punk, or anyone else...just in coming of age and realizing that he started off his career on the wrong foot.

Archived