MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the fence about who will win. Both are obviously incredibly capable fighters. I'm a McGregor guy...and I really don't like Aldo at all. That said, I appreciate him for the threat that he is. That also said, you look at the stats and Aldo tends to win more by decision. McGregor on the other hand, is basically the KO kid. If McGregor can pressure Aldo, I think he's got it. If it goes to decision (I think that is highly unlikely), then maybe Aldo has a better chance of winning with points. It's going to be a great fight either way. I hope I can actually get home from work in time to watch it.

I'm on the fence about who will win. Both are obviously incredibly capable fighters. I'm a McGregor guy...and I really don't like Aldo at all. That said, I appreciate him for the threat that he is. That also said, you look at the stats and Aldo tends to win more by decision. McGregor on the other hand, is basically the KO kid. If McGregor can pressure Aldo, I think he's got it. If it goes to decision (I think that is highly unlikely), then maybe Aldo has a better chance of winning with points. It's going to be a great fight either way. I hope I can actually get home from work in time to watch it.

You make good points. I think like you say McGregor imposes his will early on and keeps him next to the cage, it could be over pretty quickly. Both are very good fighters and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Anything can happen in the octagon.

McGregor can take it. Im really excited for the co main too, want to see Rockhold take the belt from Weidman.

Thug Rose is fighting tomorrow night. Really can't wait for that.

I think that could end up being match of the night. Like Lawler and Macdonald, it could be the most exciting.

Kind of happy that Northcutt beat Cody Pfister. Dude was a *censored*ing tool in the lead up to the fight. Also Sage Northcutt had a final exam the night after the fight. Incredible. Im quickly becoming a huge fan of the dude. Man obviously loves fighting and is super pumped for everything.

Dude looked like a nervous wreck to the point where even McGregor looked concerned as they went to touch gloves. Threw a couple of jittery looking punches and that was that. Was also watching in a bar with about 200 other people place went *censored*ing insane.

With a performance like that does Aldo get a rematch?

Dude looked like a nervous wreck to the point where even McGregor looked concerned as they went to touch gloves. Threw a couple of jittery looking punches and that was that. Was also watching in a bar with about 200 other people place went *censored*ing insane.

With a performance like that does Aldo get a rematch?

Yeah...he was looking at his feet to open the fight. He didn't look McGregor in the eye for even a quarter of a second.

I don't know jack shit about these things, but even I thought that was strange. At first I thought he was just super focused or some shit, trying mind games, but then he got ko'd. The punch didn't even look heavy or anything, I missed it when watching it live the first time, I thought Aldo just dropped.

I don't know jack shit about these things, but even I thought that was strange. At first I thought he was just super focused or some shit, trying mind games, but then he got ko'd. The punch didn't even look heavy or anything, I missed it when watching it live the first time, I thought Aldo just dropped.

He wasn't there at all. Obviously McGregor's mind games worked. Dude was a husk of a human being when he stepped into the cage.

LAS VEGAS -- After Conor McGregor's stunning 13-second knockout of Jose Aldo Jr. on Saturday night at UFC 194 to claim the featherweight title, the next obvious question became "what's next?"

The UFC communicated its thoughts at the post-fight press conference at the MGM Grand, as UFC PR head Dave Sholler said that UFC president Dana White saw two potential paths for the new champion: To stay at 145 pounds and defend his title against Frankie Edgar, or to vacate his crown and challenge the winner of next weekend's Rafael dos Anjos vs. Donald Cerrone lightweight championship fight.

The new 145-pound king isn't against either potential fight. Or an Aldo rematch, for that matter. But he's got a major bone to pick with the idea of relinquishing the the belt he just won.

"I'll tell you one thing that won't be happening," McGregor said. "If I go up to that lightweight division, there's no way in hell that I'm vacating my belt. That's not happening. There will be a belt on one shoulder, and a belt on the other."

McGregor, fresh off his 15th consecutive victory, has long spoken of becoming the first simultaneous dual weight-class champion in UFC history, and is not about to give up on his dream for convenience's sake.

"I understand why, previously, other fighters wouldn't do it," McGregor said. "But look how many fights I've had in the last year. I stay busy. I stay fresh. So when I go to lightweight and take that lightweight belt, I will stay the featherweight champion also. I will be a dual weight champion. There's no going up and vacating. The belt will still be active because I am active."

If McGregor does go after the lightweight title without vacating the featherweight belt, it will make for the first UFC champion vs. champion fight since then-welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre defeated reigning lightweight champ B.J. Penn at UFC 94 in 2009.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/13/10021924/conor-mcgregor-says-he-wont-vacate-featherweight-title-if-he-makes?utm_campaign=mmafighting&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Wouldn't even be hard (for him, I mean)...for a normal dude, forget about it...but all he would need to do is hover around 145 and just make sure he's a bit above or below for each division. A dude like McGregor could do that no problem. He's already been doing it. And if he does end up with a belt on each shoulder...just forget about it. He's already a legend, but he'll be "the" legend.

He hasn't been doing it smoothly. McGregor had alot of trouble cutting according to Dana thats' why he thinks after the Edgar fight hes going to move up and be done with Featherweight.

Just realized that AKA has another chance to get a belt when Cain steps up next month.

According to an early review of EA Sports UFC 2 video game, former WWE Superstar CM Punk will be included as a playable fighter in the game.

The upcoming game also features Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor on the cover. It is expected to be released on March 21st, 2016 on Xbox One and PS4.

As noted earlier, Punk is expected to fight sometime in 2016 against an unknown opponent.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/misc-news/cm-punk-featured-in-major-video-game/

Archived