MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this coming, tbh. If I was a betting man, I would have bet on her losing...probably would've made a shitload of money. She stopped being humble a while back and I think that's what cost her. McGregor is probably in a similar boat come time for his fight. "Letting it go to your head" is a real thing.

Totally different skill sets. Ronda was outmatched on the feet yet her or her corner didn't try to change anything up going into the second round. McGregor is way more well rounded and while he might have a big head hes not going to fall into the same trap.

I don't watch UFC but I'm glad to see Ronda Rousey getting humbled. Really, this makes me want to watch UFC now. I've been vaguely interested in it for a while. What's the best way to get into it?

Just watch a event. The next big event is December 12th with two huge title fights but there are a ton of smaller (And Free) events in the meantime coming up.

I dunno, I still feel like a humbled Rousey has a shot at beating Holly Holm when she inevitably gets her rematch. I have a feeling that in the next fight Ronda won't make a stupid mistake of trying to outbox a boxer. In the end, Ronda didn't play to her strengths and that's what cost her.

Saw this coming, tbh. If I was a betting man, I would have bet on her losing...probably would've made a shitload of money. She stopped being humble a while back and I think that's what cost her. McGregor is probably in a similar boat come time for his fight. "Letting it go to your head" is a real thing.

Totally different skill sets. Ronda was outmatched on the feet yet her or her corner didn't try to change anything up going into the second round. McGregor is way more well rounded and while he might have a big head hes not going to fall into the same trap.

McGregor is perfectly capable of being outclassed too...almost happened in his last fight. He was definitely stunned for a bit.

McGregor is perfectly capable of being outclassed too...almost happened in his last fight. He was definitely stunned for a bit.

Last fight again is a different situation. That's a dude jumping in last minute to take a fight. Neither man should be really expected to perform like they regularly do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOi3wntPWkE

The teaser is still awesome. That PPV is going to be insane.

Rousey should probably get a new coach. How can that dude watch that first round, tell her she's doing well and watch her walk back out in the same manner without altering her game plan. Dominant performance, completely exposed her obvious weaknesses. I don't imagine Dana will be hugely upset about it, big money in that rematch.

During last nights UFC 193 post-fight press conference, UFC President Dana White was asked when CM Punk might have his debut UFC fight. White said Punks first bout will likely come before the summer of 2016, and White also asked that people give Punk time to properly train for his UFC debut.

Hell fightIm going to say before summer. Probably before summer, said White. Listen, he doesnt have any fights yet, man. Let him take his time and work his way in.

Punk signed with UFC back on December 6th, 2014, and has been training at the Roufusport MMA Academy in Milwaukee.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/642273-dana-white-provides-update-on-when-cm-punk-might-have-his-first-ufc-fight-roh-title-match-added-to-new-japan-tokyo-dome-show

• 2 weeks later...

UFC President Dana White appeared on ESPN’s “Mike & Mike” this morning, and confirmed that a Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm Bantamweight Championship rematch will take place, as Rousey is the immediate #1 contender to the title.

White had the following to say on the morning show:

“I think that if we didn’t make the rematch, me and Lorenzo [Fertitta, UFC CEO] should probably lose our promoters’ license. Yeah, that fight’s going to happen. I don’t know when, but that’s the fight that will happen.

Ronda Rousey has gone undefeated, taken the sport to another level and was beating the best women in the world in 14 seconds or 30 seconds, so she deserves a rematch. Holly agrees she deserves a rematch, and we’ll figure it out.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/648379-dana-white-confirms-a-ronda-rousey-vs-holly-holm-ufc-rematch#.VmCfm2U-Isw.twitter

Archived