MMA General Discussion Thread

Ernez

We are getting to a point where we have to question whats going to stop Ronda? I don't think anyone can. Doing some looking down the line its probably going to be Rousey/Tate III and then Rousey/Holms? I don't even know if I want to see Tate fight her again. Tate really hasn't shown any improvement in her game since she last fought Rousey. Rousey has show some much improvement everywhere.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The beautiful thing about Ronda Rousey being the best fighter in the whole damn world, is that it puts feminism (and all of those other absurd agendas) to rest. You've got this woman who is just the best...hands down. It doesn't matter what people think of her...she's the best. It's a fact. She's a human being...and she's the best. And she doesn't say anything about being a woman, because, it's irrelevant (as it should be)...and it makes the feminist agenda look like the clown-party that it is. Much love and much respect to Ronda Rousey, the greatest fighter of our time...and a damn fine role model for anyone, male or female.

These bitches never learn. I mean...you'd think that to save yourself complete embarrassment, you'd at least stop talking shit. Say something like "Ronda is at the top of her game, and I'm going to come at her with everything I've got". If you win, you did the impossible...if you lose, you tried without sounding like a fool. But, no...these bitches never learn.

Why shouldn't she? She has legit been questioned almost every single fight minus the last one and rose up to the challenge in impressive fashion each and every single time. She is easily the biggest thing in the sport going at this very moment. Bigger than Silva or GSP ever were, bigger then Brock.

I saw a few articles on facebook already starting the hype train to build up Holms' as the one to beat Rousey. She probably has a better shot then Betche.

Why shouldn't she? She has legit been questioned almost every single fight minus the last one and rose up to the challenge in impressive fashion each and every single time. She is easily the biggest thing in the sport going at this very moment. Bigger than Silva or GSP ever were, bigger then Brock.

I saw a few articles on facebook already starting the hype train to build up Holms' as the one to beat Rousey. She probably has a better shot then Betche.

The only reason they hype up her opponents is to try and increase the legitimacy of the women's division, rousey is probably the only fighter in the women's division that wouldn't get finished in the first 30 seconds against a male the same size and she would probably be finished in the next 30 secs. The fact is that the women's division has not had the same amount of time to develop and the competition is nowhere to be seen. It would be like if someone was undefeated in an amateur men's division being the greatest of all time. It's just a hype train because it fits the narrative media is trying to portray these days. The U.S. Women's national soccer team didn't get anywhere close to this amount of attention and they deserved way more than rousey does.

All the Rousey hype is so annoying, I saw an article saying she deserves to be considered along the likes of Fedor. What an absolute joke.

At least she is advancing women's sports and such.

It isn't just hype...she is one of the best fighters ever. You'd need to be pronounced legally blind to ignore that.

Anyway...happy that Teixeira won last night.

Also, the Rosholt/Johnson fight...they both looked like they were going to die at the end of it. I don't think those dudes are in suitable shape to be MMA competitors. And, I mean...I like Timothy Johnson, but...nah...

The only reason they hype up her opponents is to try and increase the legitimacy of the women's division, rousey is probably the only fighter in the women's division that wouldn't get finished in the first 30 seconds against a male the same size and she would probably be finished in the next 30 secs.

So? Women and men have different bodies, those of males are favourable in combat sports. That's just genetics and doesn't, at all, relate the the relative skill a fighter posesses. Rousey is incredibly skilled. A male bantmanweight of her level would be a topcontender as well. Think about it like that, imagine someone's saying Demetrious Johnson isn't one of the most well rounded and skilled fighters there is, just because he would lose against a higher weightclass or something like that. It's just ridiculous. A lot of physical limitations aren't possible to change or work on, skill is. And skill-wise, she's incredible.

Of course, you do have a point and I agree, she's overhyped in the sense that absolutely noone except her and maybe Tate is on a level that is similar to the male divisions. So in that sense, her victories are less impressive. But she's still, as a single individual, one of the most impressive fighters ever.

On a different note, happy for Hall and Nunes.

So? Women and men have different bodies, those of males are favourable in combat sports. That's just genetics and doesn't, at all, relate the the relative skill a fighter posesses. Rousey is incredibly skilled. A male bantmanweight of her level would be a topcontender as well. Think about it like that, imagine someone's saying Demetrious Johnson isn't one of the most well rounded and skilled fighters there is, just because he would lose against a higher weightclass or something like that. It's just ridiculous. A lot of physical limitations aren't possible to change or work on, skill is. And skill-wise, she's incredible.

Of course, you do have a point and I agree, she's overhyped in the sense that absolutely noone except her and maybe Tate is on a level that is similar to the male divisions. So in that sense, her victories are less impressive. But she's still, as a single individual, one of the most impressive fighters ever.

On a different note, happy for Hall and Nunes.

Thank you for this.

This is why I think a lot of people just don't "get" MMA. Not even the Rousey situation in particular...but MMA as a whole.

All the Rousey hype is so annoying, I saw an article saying she deserves to be considered along the likes of Fedor. What an absolute joke.

At least she is advancing women's sports and such.

It isn't just hype...she is one of the best fighters ever. You'd need to be pronounced legally blind to ignore that.

Anyway...happy that Teixeira won last night.

Also, the Rosholt/Johnson fight...they both looked like they were going to die at the end of it. I don't think those dudes are in suitable shape to be MMA competitors. And, I mean...I like Timothy Johnson, but...nah...

Anik said during the fight that when they both hit the cage on a clinch the entire cage shifted and move his table back and thats never happened to him.

The only reason they hype up her opponents is to try and increase the legitimacy of the women's division, rousey is probably the only fighter in the women's division that wouldn't get finished in the first 30 seconds against a male the same size and she would probably be finished in the next 30 secs. The fact is that the women's division has not had the same amount of time to develop and the competition is nowhere to be seen. It would be like if someone was undefeated in an amateur men's division being the greatest of all time. It's just a hype train because it fits the narrative media is trying to portray these days. The U.S. Women's national soccer team didn't get anywhere close to this amount of attention and they deserved way more than rousey does.

But the Women's Division has had time to develop, Rousey got into the UFC was still a huge question mark skills wise. She had World Class judo but other then that noone knew what else she had. Now she's got some legit hands to go with the judo, its the fact that the rest of the division isn't as determined or doesn't train as hard as she does.

Ronda Rousey says she can take Floyd Mayweather in a "no-rules" fight.

In a Reddit AMA on Monday night, the UFC women's bantamweight champion was asked if she could beat the boxer "in a ruleless fight."

Her response (emphasis hers):

Floyd is one of the best boxers of all time. He would definitely beat me in a boxing match. I unfortunately don't get into "matches". I fight for a living. In a no rules fight, I believe I can beat anyone on this planet. Boxing is a sweet science with strict rules that I respect very much and aspire every day to improve at. But you said ruleless fight, and that's my honest answer.

The comment comes just days after Mayweather took a verbal swipe at Rousey.

"I've yet to see any MMA fighter, or other boxer, make over $300 million in 36 minutes," Mayweather said on ESPN's "SportsCenter" on Thursday. "When she can do that, then call me."

The two have been trading verbal jabs for more than a year, with Mayweather famously saying, "I don't even know who he is" when asked about her last summer.

Rousey got some sweet revenge last month, beating Mayweather for the "Best Fighter" award at the ESPYs.

I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once, she said after the win, referring to his long and well-documented history of domestic violence. Id like for him to pretend to not know who I am now.

Rousey also referred to his history of violence against women in May, telling Access Hollywood the two would probably never fight "unless we ended up dating."

During the AMA session, Rousey was also asked about the possibility of facing fellow MMA fighter Cris Cyborg.

"(S)he's just waiting to be offered enough money to get her ass kicked ('cuz she knows she'll get her ass kicked)," Rousey said, adding: "I would like me kicking her ass be my retirement fight but whether she steps up or not I'll walk away undefeated and happily ever after regardless."

The comments about Mayweather and Cyborg were just a small part of the lively AMA in which Rousey spoke about everything from her favorite sandwich (Bay Cities Godmother) to her favorite movie ("Leon: The Professional") to her favorite Pokemon (Mew).

She even shared some words of inspiration for women: "For any woman trying to break into a male-dominated career, I'd say the greatest thing you can do is always keep in mind that you always have the right to be there."

http://huff.to/1J7X51y

Archived