The Official TNA Show Discussion Thread.

Ernez

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TNA's got a lot of good things going, but they need to sort out the crap. I'd like to see ONE TNA show where there's no run-ins, no ref bumps, no distractions, and straight up finishes. Though, that's just me. As well, they really screwed up with the Anderson thing. I mean his initial title reign was a flop in itself and people started to dig deep and realize why he wasn't big in WWE, so TNA screws him further by having him go from heel to face to heel to face to heel and back to face. I don't believe in that tweener BS when it comes to Anderson. So how are we possibly expected to care about Anderson when we know him turning on Sting wouldn't be unexpected/creative and him staying with Sting would lack logic? Like I said, lots of good with the X Division, but bad with the Knockouts and the tag division, which felt a little "meh" even before Sabin got injured.

Late comment on the show. :P

It's surprising how better the overall product feels when TNA do shows outside of Orlando. Even though I thought last week was the better show, tonight wasn't too bad. I really think it was a bad idea not to play the history lesson of "TNA returns to the arena where it all began for them".

The tag team match was good and once again, A Double was the one who out-shone the rest in that match. Kash's botch with that Tower of Doom looked bad and Aries looked like he got hurt bad, which I'm glad wasn't the case. Jesse's dropkick is amazing, but anyway Kendrick seriously needs a new theme. :annoy:

The Robbie E, Robbie T and Eric Young bit was funny and I'd actually like to see more Robbie E/Eric Young segments. At this point, it's best that Robbie E and Robbie T form a tag team, with Beer Money moving onto the BFG Series Finals. I wouldn't mind seeing them as a tag team, either.

Styles vs. Daniels was good, but the ending was questionable. Gunner vs. RVD was pretty bad, as it felt really rushed, not to mention the sloppiness throughout the match. I'm glad RVD isn't the one advancing though, and it looks like we will be getting RVD vs. Lynn again sometime (either at No Surrender or saved for BFG).

Knockouts segment was pretty irrelevant and I still don't see the point in having a "Knockout Law", or why Traci would bug Bischoff about it to begin with. It sucks that they just took the belt off Winter like that, especially when you add in the fact that she suddenly disappeared after finally winning the title.

Overall this show felt more like a build-up for next week's Impact. You had Robbie E vs. Eric Young for the Television Championship, the BFG Final Four and Jeff Hardy's return all being announced for next week.

Current Bellator Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez is confirmed to be on this week's IMPACT WRESTLING tomorrow night at 9/8 CST on SpikeTV. The current MMA Champion is keeping silent has to what his involvement will be. Watch IMPACT WRESTLING for more on this development.

He's likely just going to be on commentary for a match, but there's always some pre-tapes.

So the British Invasion turned face for the first time ever back in July after dealing with Mexican America, stay off TV for several months and then come back as heels tonight? Bleh. And I'm pissed that Dinero's still paired with Devon.

And it looks like Alvarez will be involved in Kurt's match.

Archived