WWE Show Discussion.

RVF

• Replies 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christian won't win next week. It's too obvious.

I only watched Randy Orton vs. Ted DiBiase. Alright match. Wondering if the ending means Teddy is still being Cody's bitch or their alliance is really over.

Most probably over,as a DiBiase Face Turn was rumored a while ago and they need a challenger for Rhodes' IC Title @ NoC.

Bret on TV after the WWE treated his family possessions like shit? Weird.

I honestly think that story was a bit exaggerated as Bret noted that the Hart clan was backstage as well at the tapings or something. I cant imagine half of the Hart Family including those that dont work in WWE actually being backstage and what not if WWE truly treated their possessions like crap.

I'm surprised Bret didn't book Tyson Kidd or Natayla.

They are heels and would've got a HUGE pop from the crowd,which doesn't suit any of their on-screen characters,especially Natalya who has just turned heel.

We've had many heels in the past cheered by their hometown/country before, I don't see what's so wrong about it. The commentators could just explain they are in Canada.

They are heels and would've got a HUGE pop from the crowd,which doesn't suit any of their on-screen characters,especially Natalya who has just turned heel.

We've had many heels in the past cheered by their hometown/country before, I don't see what's so wrong about it. The commentators could just explain they are in Canada.

It's because It's all a script and Bret Hart can't actually book matches. The shows already written the specific way it was, they wouldn't change it just for a Bret as GM moment that was purely just for some cheap pop of being in Canada.

It's because It's all a script and Bret Hart can't actually book matches. The shows already written the specific way it was, they wouldn't change it just for a Bret as GM moment that was purely just for some cheap pop of being in Canada.

I know Bret couldn't really book matches lol But (heel or not) Bret's still a fan of both Tyson and Nattie, would've made sense to have them on SD. Well, it's not like Tyson would've won a match anyway and Nattie already appeared ln Raw.

I know Bret couldn't really book matches lol But (heel or not) Bret's still a fan of both Tyson and Nattie, would've made sense to have them on SD. Well, it's not like Tyson would've won a match anyway and Nattie already appeared ln Raw.

I know you know that. I was just pointing out that they scripted Bret more likely if not to some how set up a future thing with his small air time, just to get a cheap pop. Nothing else would of been a result of it. And the show had "no use" for them. I didn't mean to come off rude or anything just saying Bret's use was more than likely nothing but a cheap crowd pleaser

Kidd was on NXT.

Natalya vs any other Diva would have been a better match on Smackdown than the awkward Kelly-Tamina match we got. Strange Natalya didn't get a match.

Natalya's promo was fine although I don't know why they keep doing the diva promos during the face diva's entrance.

Pretty good match from DiBiase and Orton, though we all knew who would win. Rhodes just flattened Ted and gave him the paper bag treatment, so maybe this means that Cody will be flying solo again.

Slater got squashed. :(

I want Mistico back, that way Hunico can get called up on his own or with Epico.

Yeah. Honestly though I gotta say. Hunico as Sin Cara looks basically as good as Mistico did in The WWE Format. I'm not suggesting that he's better than the real deal. Mistico was top tier in Lucha for good reason. But in WWE all they have either of them do is random high spots anyway. Hunico has been busting out some Hayabusa style combos which looked pretty smooth and he's getting good elevation on the planchas and shit despite being bigger than Mistico. In a match format with more psychology and pacing I think the actual Sin Cara (Mistico) would shine much brighter... but so far his replacement has done just fine WWE style.

I've had no qualms with Hunico being a substitute, considering he's brought some new things (the corner cannonball senton and the spingboard somersault senton / springboard moonsault combo) for the Cara character, but it'll be Cornette Face-worthy if they actually axe Mistico, considering how they'd be falsely advertizing Cara as a big star from Mexico when the guy who they based the character's reputation and who the Mexican audience have grown to idolize would be fired. Like you mentioned, Misti edges out Hunico in the psychology department, which makes him more complete and therefore the better choice in pushing to the main event.

agreed on all points.

I don't think they will axe Mistico though. I guess they will actually attempt a classic lucha storyline of "wrestling persona theft". It will be interesting to see if they WWE can pull this off.

Kidd was on NXT.

Natalya vs any other Diva would have been a better match on Smackdown than the awkward Kelly-Tamina match we got. Strange Natalya didn't get a match.

Natalya's promo was fine although I don't know why they keep doing the diva promos during the face diva's entrance.

I have to disagree here, but it doesn't necessarily mean that if you preform on superstars that you don't perform on SmackDown.

Pretty good match from DiBiase and Orton, though we all knew who would win. Rhodes just flattened Ted and gave him the paper bag treatment, so maybe this means that Cody will be flying solo again.

Slater got squashed. :(

I want Mistico back, that way Hunico can get called up on his own or with Epico.

Yeah. Honestly though I gotta say. Hunico as Sin Cara looks basically as good as Mistico did in The WWE Format. I'm not suggesting that he's better than the real deal. Mistico was top tier in Lucha for good reason. But in WWE all they have either of them do is random high spots anyway. Hunico has been busting out some Hayabusa style combos which looked pretty smooth and he's getting good elevation on the planchas and shit despite being bigger than Mistico. In a match format with more psychology and pacing I think the actual Sin Cara (Mistico) would shine much brighter... but so far his replacement has done just fine WWE style.

I've had no qualms with Hunico being a substitute, considering he's brought some new things (the corner cannonball senton and the spingboard somersault senton / springboard moonsault combo) for the Cara character, but it'll be Cornette Face-worthy if they actually axe Mistico, considering how they'd be falsely advertizing Cara as a big star from Mexico when the guy who they based the character's reputation and who the Mexican audience have grown to idolize would be fired. Like you mentioned, Misti edges out Hunico in the psychology department, which makes him more complete and therefore the better choice in pushing to the main event.

agreed on all points.

I don't think they will axe Mistico though. I guess they will actually attempt a classic lucha storyline of "wrestling persona theft". It will be interesting to see if they WWE can pull this off.

I'd love the WWE to do that since they actually went through with Kane vs. Fake Kane a few years back and have been doing a solid job with the Punk / Cena storyline. It would give Hunico more time to continually adjust to working in front of major crowds while reigniting Cara's momentum, so I doubt the WWE would pass over a win / win situation like that considering how good their writing's been as of late.

Kidd was on NXT.

Besides, if they are going to build Natayla and Beth as threats to Kelly's title reign, they need to book them in matches so they can show off how unstoppable they can be, would make the rivalry much more interesting.

Archived