Hockey Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Islanders have been playing so poorly to start the season. While I know that the season is young and all, the teams body language is so poor. They're showing signs of that losing streak they had last season effort wise.

I know this team has all the talent in the world to be a playoff team, but they have been terrible on the transition, the forecheck is god awful, they show no physicality and every body below the first line can't produce.

Tavares has been phenomenal as expected. Truly an amazing talent, and I'm so grateful we have him, but the rest of the team outside of Streit, Nabokov, Martin, Parenteau, and maybe Grabner has been awful. Okposo can't finish his shot and still continues to try to be too cute with the puck, Bailey and Comeau just have mental relapses and sometimes don't know what they're doing and Nielsen is looking like he's skating in mud.

A team that showed that they don't want to be *censored*ed around with last season, is completely contradicting themselves, because they're getting pushed around from all angles. It's pathetic. Weren't we supposed to be doing something this season. I just hope they can wake the *censored* up, or maybe bring Haley back up from the AHL. They need something.

The 2012 NHL Draft returns to Pittsburgh. There's an article involving Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=597588&navid=DL|NHL|home

And an article about Pittsburgh getting the 2012 Draft:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=597600&navid=DL|NHL|home

There were also a lot of top players today that were drafted in 1997, like Thornton, Hossa and Luongo:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=597605

Philadelphia vs Winnipeg has been one hell of a scoring affair. The game is tied 8-8 right now, after Winnipeg was up 6-2.

The Flyers/Jets game scored 17 goals altogether...more than the Rangers have scored altogether. And here's the big result of yesterday: The Edmonton Oilers beat the unbeaten Washington Capitals 2-1. The Oilers now take 1st in the Northwest, and it also means that there are no more unbeaten teams left in the league.

Toronto is 5th in the league with 9 games played and Pittsburgh is 1st with 12 games played. I really hope Toronto keeps this up to make the playoffs this year. They probably won't though seeing as they always do good at the beginning of the season and then flop later on. TSN said they're most likely to make 10th place again but I hope they prove them otherwise.

The only good thing about Pittsburgh playing the most games so far, is that if they start to go on a losing streak (which I don't see happening right now), Philadelphia can overtake them at the top of the Atlantic. Right now, the Sharks are currently last in the Pacific. But that's only because they've played the fewest games so far. They play Detroit on Friday, then they play the Islanders on Saturday. And then they play the Rangers on Halloween.

The Flyers/Jets game scored 17 goals altogether...more than the Rangers have scored altogether. And here's the big result of yesterday: The Edmonton Oilers beat the unbeaten Washington Capitals 2-1. The Oilers now take 1st in the Northwest, and it also means that there are no more unbeaten teams left in the league.

Dammit, and I didn't watch that game. Oh well knew they couldn't hold forever. Would've been nice if they could have broke the NHL record which I believe is 10-0.

The Red Wings lose another one, once again falling to the Wild. The only difference, is that they lost in OT, so they get a point.

Also, something about Joe Thornton and the Rangers' coach John Tortorella:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=598544

In the original article, Torts said "goddamn" instead of darn :lol:

Archived